Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rock the Dragon 2015 Early Registration is open!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Looter View Post
    Got the stickers / decals, from Immortal Graphix..... as for the "Event Magnets" , you will receive one of those from Ken, when you register in @ Fontana...along with your lanyard, & shirt... I also design a "Cincy-Caravan" magnet for those that come down, in our "LARGE" caravan, on Thursday morn...More details to follow, on that, in the near future...Our "Caravan" is .... an event, in itself....!!!!
    The link for the Dragon decals.....
    http://www.immortalgraphix.com/searc...h_query=Dragon
    Oh cool I'll check out that link.

On the Southern Ontario S2ki forum some of the guys were saying that there isn't a Cincy caravan this year to meet up with like in past years ?. They are trying to determine what route to take down this year.

Comment

Originally posted by zeroptzero View Post
      Oh cool I'll check out that link.

On the Southern Ontario S2ki forum some of the guys were saying that there isn't a Cincy caravan this year to meet up with like in past years ?. They are trying to determine what route to take down this year.
      The "Caravan" has not been cancelled as yet ..... We ( the OKI CREW ) are going to talk this over, a little later...We have a meet on the 17th of this month...So... should we go ahead with the "Caravan"... you should not miss it ...!!!
      MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

The "Caravan" has not been cancelled as yet ..... We ( the OKI CREW ) are going to talk this over, a little later...We have a meet on the 17th of this month...So... should we go ahead with the "Caravan"... you should not miss it ...!!!
        Okay , maybe that is what they were talking about. Lots of time to decide. Keep us posted on the results of your meeting. Thanks Denny !

BTW do you head down on Wednesday or Thursday ?

Comment

Okay , maybe that is what they were talking about. Lots of time to decide. Keep us posted on the results of your meeting. Thanks Denny !

BTW do you head down on Wednesday or Thursday ?
          Should we still have the caravan... ( and I hope we do ) We have a Huge dinner, here in Cincy, on Wednesday eve....All attend ...!!! Then Thursday morn, we all meet up on the river bank...and the "Caravan" begins ... Whatta ride, by the way...We stop for lunch on the way down, about midway..then we meet up with Ken, and the group he brings over from the Dragon...in a town called Marysville.From there, the caravan continues, to the Foothills Parkway...some leave the caravan, there..and head back over to Fontana..& the rest of us continue on to Gatlinburg, where we have an awesome dinner @ the Park Grill... Then we head back to Fontana / Dragon, usually almost dark .....( OMG ) Ken leads the "Newbies" over to Fontana, by way of the Dragon...and the old timers..just bust ass across it on our own...
          MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Should we still have the caravan... ( and I hope we do ) We have a Huge dinner, here in Cincy, on Wednesday eve....All attend ...!!! Then Thursday morn, we all meet up on the river bank...and the "Caravan" begins ... Whatta ride, by the way...We stop for lunch on the way down, about midway..then we meet up with Ken, and the group he brings over from the Dragon...in a town called Marysville.From there, the caravan continues, to the Foothills Parkway...some leave the caravan, there..and head back over to Fontana..& the rest of us continue on to Gatlinburg, where we have an awesome dinner @ the Park Grill... Then we head back to Fontana / Dragon, usually almost dark .....( OMG ) Ken leads the "Newbies" over to Fontana, by way of the Dragon...and the old timers..just bust ass across it on our own...
            Wow that sounds Amazing.

Speaking of Gatlinburg, I'm definitely going to sneak a drive through Smoky Mountains National Park during the event, one of my favourite places if you can drive through it in great weather and at the right time of day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
              I only bring up #4 because it has a relevant story behind it - especialy for n00bs. My first and only time on the Dragon was at S2KDays in 2010. Hunter and I were making a second run so I could get some video. We were banging through turns having a grand old time when we came up on a Cooper S. He decided to speed up a bit and I stayed glued to his tail for a mile or so. Right before Parson's Curve at mile 4 there is a nice straight where you can get into it a little and make some noise. I had intentions of going around the Mini but he wasn't having any of that. I backed off when Hunter yelled "radar radar radar" in the walkie talkie, and we both came down into Parson's Curve a bit over the posted limit. Right there at the bottom was an officer who was basically standing in the road waving people over. He got the Mini and let me drive on by. Had I been in front, it would have certainly be me who got the ticket.

So thanks Hunter for saving my bacon.
              Ahh, I remember you saying something about that. LEO's seem to show up in bunches for a couple of days and then disappear for a while. Not sure what their schedule is and I'm certain the way they want it. I've been lucky in the drives I've done on the Dragon, only had one warning (and want to keep it that way).
              Upcoming events:

Spring Fling 2019 - May 31-June 2, 2019 - Shamokin Dam, PA - We're doing it again! Register Here!

Rock the Dragon 2019 - May 9-12, 2019.See you at the Dragon. Register HERE!

Tomcatt 14 - June 14-16, 2019. Marietta, OH - Rt 26! Rt 555, Some of the best roads in the US. Registration is FREE Register HERE!

Great people, great times, great car.
              2003 Suzuka Blue #302 "Grovette"
              2008 ABP CR #400 of 699 "Grover"

Never fight with an ugly person, they have nothing to lose!

Comment

I need to check my schedule, but I might be able to make the event this year. That is, if there are still any rooms available at Fontana Village.

Comment

Originally posted by S2k Dude View Post
                  I need to check my schedule, but I might be able to make the event this year. That is, if there are still any rooms available at Fontana Village.
                  You might want to check now. The special Dragon rate expires 03/08. (as of right now, we have 75 rooms and 8 cabins, I'm sure they can find you a room somewhere)
                  Upcoming events:

Spring Fling 2019 - May 31-June 2, 2019 - Shamokin Dam, PA - We're doing it again! Register Here!

Tomcatt 14 - June 14-16, 2019. Marietta, OH - Rt 26! Rt 555, Some of the best roads in the US. Registration is FREE Register HERE!

Comment

only 22 days to go!

Comment

Originally posted by RedCelica View Post
                      only 22 days to go!
                      179 people, 150 cars. Going to be a nice Saturday morning roll-out. Sounds like I'll be sitting at Hellbender and Tail of the Dragon for quite some time while all those cars start across the Dragon.
                      Upcoming events:

Comment

See you Tuesday Ken

Comment

Any chance that rain rolls in and out of NC quickly , much like Florida ? The weather forecast looks terrible. But when I'm in Florida they call for rain almost 100% every day, but it tends to last about 1 hour or less most days. In my region when we get rain it tends to last all damn day. I'm just hoping NC is more like Florida where weather systems roll through quickly. It's worth hoping , lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RedCelica View Post
                            See you Tuesday Ken
                            Yep. See you at Fontana along with 208 of your closest friends.
                            Upcoming events:

Comment

Any chance that rain rolls in and out of NC quickly , much like Florida ? The weather forecast looks terrible. But when I'm in Florida they call for rain almost 100% every day, but it tends to last about 1 hour or less most days. In my region when we get rain it tends to last all damn day. I'm just hoping NC is more like Florida where weather systems roll through quickly. It's worth hoping , lol.
                              One of those things you have to deal with Joey. Can't stop it, can't make it rain (ask California). Just deal and go.
                              Upcoming events:

Comment

Looks like the weather Saturday and Sunday will be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X