Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Guess we are the last to "check in". Arrived home late last night after our extended (7,526 mile) western tour.

    Mega thanx to Coop and Cammie, and to all the new friends we made. I'd leave tomorrow to do it all again (well..... maybe the day after??). The "2010 Enchantment Tour" was absolutely everything that we hoped it would be.... and more. What a GREAT time!!!

    Looking forward to seeing many of you again in Asheville!

    Enjoying the pics, everyone. Will take a little while to get mine organized, but hope to be able to add a few.

    Is it 2012 yet?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

    - Benjamin Franklin, 1775

    Comment


    • #32
      Welcome Home Roy & Carole!

      Hey Roy, Carole,

      You certainly out-did us in mileage (5024 for us). And we totally agree with you about the Enchantment Drive. Again, our hats off to Bruce and Cammie for a well-planned tour.

      My clutch seems to be holding up. Thanks for your concerns.

      Still curious about removing the spare tire for any "long trip." I seem to recall that you had removed yours (?). Did you bring a can of tire inflator with you? And did you toss the jack and tools, too? With the trunk full, it seems there's no obvious place to put the full-sized tire ... so, I guess, what's the point of bringing the spare and the tools. What's your take on this Roy?

      We're looking forward to seeing you both again, and other fine S2K friends in Asheville! The list is growing longer... may break attendance records.

      All the Best,
      George & Co-Pilot Wees


      Originally posted by canberra View Post
      Guess we are the last to "check in". Arrived home late last night after our extended (7,526 mile) western tour.

      Mega thanx to Coop and Cammie, and to all the new friends we made. I'd leave tomorrow to do it all again (well..... maybe the day after??). The "2010 Enchantment Tour" was absolutely everything that we hoped it would be.... and more. What a GREAT time!!!

      Looking forward to seeing many of you again in Asheville!

      Enjoying the pics, everyone. Will take a little while to get mine organized, but hope to be able to add a few.

      Is it 2012 yet?
      [and]








      Greek Boy
      [and]

      Comment


      • #33
        Hi George,

        Sorry for the delay here.... been a bit crazy.

        Glad the clutch is behaving. Probably was just 'reacting' to the extra exercise :LOL: .

        I did make the trip west without a spare, but did keep the jack and tools...and an extra set of 'standard' Honda wheel lugs. In fact, I cannot recall the last time I had the spare in the well. Because it is a smaller diameter, and the "S" positraction makes it unsuitable to have different diameter tires on the rear, the space-saver really can only be used on the front. As a result, a flat rear involves replacing a front tire with the space saver, and moving the good front to the rear (even that winds up giving you slightly different diameter rear tires). That is such a HUGE pain in the a** that I decided some time ago that a paid up AAA membership (with extended towing) and a charged cell phone would be a better way to address a tire emergency than carrying the space saver spare..... plus, the extra luggage space really helps! I do check tires daily, including monitoring tire pressures (manually). We also had the added margin for the trip west of having four brand new Goodyear Eagles for the trip.

        A tire problem on a drive is going to be a hassle with or without the space saver, and a full size spare simply won't fit in an "S", so while I hope I never have to deal with it.... AAA and the cell phone will be the "security blanket".

        Have done one more drive (in Ohio) since we are home, and tires still have plenty left for Asheville.

        Have done some work on the photos, but the site is balking at accepting uploads (probably just me). Will keep trying.

        See you in Asheville!



        Originally posted by Greek Boy View Post

        ...Still curious about removing the spare tire for any "long trip." I seem to recall that you had removed yours (?). Did you bring a can of tire inflator with you? And did you toss the jack and tools, too? With the trunk full, it seems there's no obvious place to put the full-sized tire ... so, I guess, what's the point of bringing the spare and the tools. What's your take on this Roy?
        "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

        - Benjamin Franklin, 1775

        Comment


        • #34
          Cammie & I went out to the "Cat Walk" today. To me it was very different and nice place. Being able to walk in a canyon about 50 feet above the river was neat. The short hike was about 45 mins and the long one about 1.5 hours, so we wold of been pressed for time.
          We also found out that even if we had crossed the first river crossing, I don't think we would of made it passes the last one, and there where 4 of them. Today, that first river crossing was dry, not a drop of water, but the last one had about 2-3 inch of water and was a deeper crossing.

          will try to get up some pictures later
          Coop
          Life Member 57

          What other people think of me, is none of my business
          It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

          Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

          Comment


          • #35
            I hope you took pictures. By the information on the internet we missed a good hike.

            Bob

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
              By the information on the internet we missed a good hike.
              Some people would say that's an oxymoron.
              "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
              Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

              Comment


              • #37
                OK, last picture, I promise.



                As you know I won the draw for the profesional canvas print from Cammie at the presentation dinner. Here is the print in our office, all framed and hung.

                I chose the picture in the Colorado mountains for the print. We all had our cars photographed by Cammie at that site and I was very pleased with the results. The actual print is even better than the files that Cammie posted. If it was Photoshopped, I can't tell.

                Thanks again Cammie!
                Bob

                Comment


                • #38
                  great photo!! Cammie takes great pics too

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Great photos. I was out that way 6-01/23-2010 traveling along old Rt 66 and many back roads through AZ and NM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Hey Coop!
                      Just finished watching a CBS Sunday morning essay on Pie Town New Mexico.

                      I just wanted to say thanks again for organizing a great and scenic trip. Pie Town was a wonderful little stop!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                        Hey Coop!
                        Just finished watching a CBS Sunday morning essay on Pie Town New Mexico.

                        I just wanted to say thanks again for organizing a great and scenic trip. Pie Town was a wonderful little stop!
                        I saw the same CBS segment and had the same thoughts.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          mmmmmmmmmmm......pie!

                          "It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain


                          sigpic
                          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X