Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Looter View Post
    Absolutely Mike...

....anything to do with the most beloved General, of all time....How...at the time of the Civil War, a Colonel, in the US Army, could turn down the command of the entire Union Army....and take command of the Army of Northern Virginia, @ a very old age, by the way......and lead those young boys into war.....and on top of that, they would willingly die....for him !!!!!
    Copy being burned as I type....

Check your mailbox Tuesday!
    '00 S2000, Silverstone/Black 162k+ miles
    '13 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track, Circuit Silver/Black 192k+ miles

Comment

• Originally posted by Looter View Post
      Absolutely Mike...

....anything to do with the most beloved General, of all time....How...at the time of the Civil War, a Colonel, in the US Army, could turn down the command of the entire Union Army....and take command of the Army of Northern Virginia, @ a very old age, by the way......and lead those young boys into war.....and on top of that, they would willingly die....for him !!!!!
      Gosh I can think bad things....

I was thinking of finding a movie on U. S. Grant and substitute it for the Lee flick!

:bitch_slap: Lovetodrive2000
      '00 S2000, Silverstone/Black 162k+ miles
      '13 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track, Circuit Silver/Black 192k+ miles

Comment

• Lots of movies on unconditional surrender...Grant !!! ...as well as all the Generals...We practically live on the History channel, Discovery, National Geographic....etc....Almost always something on with regard to the Civil War....

....Ken Burns has the very best there is....
        If you want to watch a movie....try Gettysburg !!!! or Gods & Generals....
        Originally posted by Lovetodrive2000 View Post
        Gosh I can think bad things....

I was thinking of finding a movie on U. S. Grant and substitute it for the Lee flick!

:bitch_slap: Lovetodrive2000
        MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

• How about a "PIC"......

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

• .....From "ALL" walks of life !!!!

The group represents various types who left civil occupations to join the Confederate Army. Left to right;
            a professional man, a mechanic, an artist, a boy, a business man, a farmer, a youth.

Virginia contributed over 19,000 men to the Army of Northern Virginia at Gettysburg. Almost 4,500 of these became casualties, a quarter of those engaged.

Comment

• John Burns......

.....Then......

....and now John Burn's monument, located on McPherson's Ridge....

On the afternoon of July 1, 1863, as the tide of gray soldiers pushed forward towards town, a 69 year old defender confidently strode towards the expanding struggle. A veteran of the War of 1812, John Burns could not simply stand idly by as his home became a hotly contested battle ground. Moving in with the somewhat incredulous men of the Iron Brigade, the near 70 year old Burns fought along side men 50 years his junior. With them he would remain until wounded. Although the Southerners would capture the ground of the McPherson farm that he helped to defend, with assistance from his Union Army comrades, Burns found his way home where he recovered from several wounds received that day. A few months later, John Burns would have the honor of meeting and walking with President Abraham Lincoln when, in November of that year, Lincoln offered his few appropriate remarks to the dedication of the soldiers national cemetery.
              Union Lieutenant Frank Haskell, also present for the battle, wrote of his brief contact with Burns. "I saw "John Burns," the only citizen of Gettysburg who fought in the battle, and I asked him what troops he fought with. He said: "O, I pitched in with them Wisconsin fellers." I asked what sort of men they were, and he answered: "They fit terribly. The Rebs couldn’t make anything of them fellers."

And so the brave compliment the brave. This man was touched by three bullets from the enemy, but not seriously wounded.....

Godspeed...John Burns

Comment

Working...
              X