GGTG II Bourbon Tasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGTG II Bourbon Tasting

It's becoming a tradition that on Saturday nights after the banquet (and sometimes during the banquet) people bring selected bottles of unusual or rare bourbons for others to taste. If you'd like to participate, leave a message saying what you plan (or think you might plan) on bringing. At WTD9, we had 5 or 6 really nice bourbons.

The lineup, so far:

kgf3076 - Knob Creek, Four Roses Small Batch, Moonshine or something
    Justin6264 - Catoctin Creek Mosby's Spirit or Roundstone Rye
    Lovetodrive2000 - Angels Envy
    Red Fun for 2 - Pappy Van Winkle 20 year, and maybe Woodford Reserve Master Distillers Seasoned Oak Barrel
    Berlinablackie - Blantons
    Last edited by Justin6264; 07-10-2011, 07:53 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rock the Dragon 2022 - Deal's Gap, NC - The curves, the friends, the good times. - May 12-15, 2022 - Registration is CLOSED. See you at the Dragon.
    Marietta Memorial Meet - Marietta, OH - Always new adventures - The Rt. 26 Covered Bridge Run - June 3-5, 2022.
    Staunton Pop-up - Staunton, VA - Old friends, new friends and Rt. 250 -July 15- 17. 2022
    Dragon Fall Run - Deal's Gap, NC - The Dragon, the friends, the fun - Aug 25 to 28, 2002

I'll be bringing the following:

- Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon
    - Knob Creek
    - Possibly some (legal) Moonshine
    Rock the Dragon 2022 - Deal's Gap, NC - The curves, the friends, the good times. - May 12-15, 2022 - Registration is CLOSED. See you at the Dragon.
    Marietta Memorial Meet - Marietta, OH - Always new adventures - The Rt. 26 Covered Bridge Run - June 3-5, 2022.
    Staunton Pop-up - Staunton, VA - Old friends, new friends and Rt. 250 -July 15- 17. 2022
    Dragon Fall Run - Deal's Gap, NC - The Dragon, the friends, the fun - Aug 25 to 28, 2002

Comment

I'm going to see if I can get some of the Mt. Vernon batch - based on G. Washington's original recipe. It's a rye whiskey, not a bourbon, but I think we can stretch the rules. If I can't get this, I'll find something interesting.
      Last edited by Coldfire; 05-16-2011, 09:15 PM.
      A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Put Kathy & I into this group.... we'll figure out what we are bringing next time we hit the booze store!
        '00 S2000, Silverstone/Black 162k+ miles
        '13 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track, Circuit Silver/Black 192k+ miles

Comment

Hi all- Relatively speaking new to this forum and group, but know Ken from S2000.com, I will be attending and will be bringing several nice bourbons, one for sure will be Pappy Van Winkle 20 year, rated 99 out of 100. I also have a Woodford Reserve Master Distillers Seasoned Oak Barrell, this was last years Master Distillers offereing of which they only made 1,000 cases.

Anyway looking forward to the GGTG and meeting new friends.

Comment

Welcome aboard...and be sure to read the "History-Lessons"......
            MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Red Fun for 2 View Post
                Hi all- Relatively speaking new to this forum and group, but know Ken from S2000.com, I will be attending and will be bringing several nice bourbons, one for sure will be Pappy Van Winkle 20 year, rated 99 out of 100. I also have a Woodford Reserve Master Distillers Seasoned Oak Barrell, this was last years Master Distillers offereing of which they only made 1,000 cases.

Anyway looking forward to the GGTG and meeting new friends.
                Holy Batman......

He's bringing the good stuff!

Guess I'll have to get something besides Old Crow 2 year old!

Comment

Damn, and I was going to bring Aged in the Bottle Black Velvet!
                  David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                  '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                  '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                  '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                  '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                  '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                  '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post
                    Damn, and I was going to bring Aged in the Bottle Black Velvet!
                    I have a bottle of Old J.T.S. Brown I can bring. The booze that P. Newman was drinking in Cool Hand Luke before he was thrown in jail.

Comment

Awesome movie....Especially the scene looking down the street...with about 10 parking meters, laying on the ground !!!!

....I'm shaking it boss !!!!!!
                      Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
                      I have a bottle of Old J.T.S. Brown I can bring. The booze that P. Newman was drinking in Cool Hand Luke before he was thrown in jail.
                      MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Is it time to start sampling yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Lovetodrive2000 View Post
                          Is it time to start sampling yet?
                          Where have you been? I started 2 hours ago...

Comment

I'm ready to start sampling now!

Comment

After having three grand kids here for the past weekend there is very little left to sample.
                              David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
                              '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

After having three grand kids here for the past weekend there is very little left to sample.
                                You should be celebrating now.....

Now that they are back at mom and dads!!

Comment

Still one three year old here. He leaves tomorrow.

And grandpa gets to baby sit tonight. I wonder how he would like v-Tec?
                                  David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
                                  '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

Still one three year old here. He leaves tomorrow.

And grandpa gets to baby sit tonight. I wonder how he would like v-Tec?
                                    Can he drive?

Big booster seat?

Sticks taped to his legs so he can reach the pedals?

Bet he would enjoy it then!

Or strap him to the hood and take him for a ride.... I'd ask Mocky if you could use his S2000... wouldn't want to scratch your hood!

Comment

i may avoid this one so im not hugging the toilet lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Lovetodrive2000 View Post
                                        Can he drive?

Big booster seat?

Sticks taped to his legs so he can reach the pedals?

Bet he would enjoy it then!

Or strap him to the hood and take him for a ride.... I'd ask Mocky if you could use his S2000... wouldn't want to scratch your hood!
                                        With Mocky's CR he could sit on that wing (aka push bar).
                                        David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
                                        '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

Working...
                                        X