No announcement yet.

GGTG II Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed the same thing. Either he was drunk or had one leg shorter than the other.
    David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
    '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
    '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
    '11 Ford Ranger Sport
    '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
    '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
    '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post
      I noticed the same thing. Either he was drunk or had one leg shorter than the other.
      I think that you are correct in both comments!
      A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

There should be a tutorial for lunkheads like myself as to how to post images within a thread. I could not get these photos to link to a post, so I'll just have to provide the URL where you can find 'em.

http://digital-canvas.smugmug.com/Ev...247059_k2DLrsX

Click on the 'slideshow' button in the upper right hand corner and they can be viewed as a full-screen slideshow.

Denny, you and Sharon added so much to the "Gettysburg Experience" that it is difficult to explain here. Your wealth of information and knowledge about the bravery of those who fought there, and the insanity of the statistics that remain after those terrible three days of battle... and your willingness to share it with us.... made this weekend much more than "just another S2000 weekend". Thank you, both!!!

Anyone with has the slightest interest in what the Civil War... and especially Gettysburg... means to the history of this nation, who has not browsed the main thread for this event (and the previous one from 2009) really should do so. Denny and Sharon not only know the subject matter, but Denny is a pretty decent story teller, too.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

- Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Comment

Denny is always telling the local people "stories"!!!

Never know when to believe them!
          '00 S2000, Silverstone/Black 162k+ miles
          '13 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track, Circuit Silver/Black 192k+ miles

Comment

Thanks....soooo much Roy,
            You have no idea how good that makes me feel....Sharon & I try the best
            we can...to keep the memories of those brave boys alive......Gettysburg.... I will see that Sharon reads your words......and to "ALL".......
            Remember those cherished words spoken on November the 19th...1863, on the sacred ground, in a little Borough....they call....... Gettysburg......

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

The 16th President of the United States
            Abraham Lincoln

Godspeed..........................

MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

The Gettysburg Proclamation if Lincoln had used MS PowerPoint.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------
              Rock the Dragon 2022 - Deal's Gap, NC - The curves, the friends, the good times. - May 12-15, 2022 - Registration is CLOSED. See you at the Dragon.
              Marietta Memorial Meet - Marietta, OH - Always new adventures - The Rt. 26 Covered Bridge Run - June 3-5, 2022.
              Staunton Pop-up - Staunton, VA - Old friends, new friends and Rt. 250 -July 15- 17. 2022
              Dragon Fall Run - Deal's Gap, NC - The Dragon, the friends, the fun - Aug 25 to 28, 2002

Comment

Great pics! Looks like everyone had a good time.

Comment

Working...
                X