This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berlinablackie View Post
    Christine and I had a great time at the GGTG, and looking forward to next year. Sorry to bail on bourbon and Sunday's fun, I think the rainy ghost tour sped up my cold and I couldn't wait to lay on the couch and suffer (sniff)

We met a lot of great people and we're thankful to those who did such a great job putting it all together.

Chris
    Sorry to hear about your cold. Very nice to meet you and Christine!
    A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Originally posted by Dmucci View Post
      Still trying to make it home, somewhere in Vermont we had to take the S on its first boat ride to get to. What a great event, great people, glad to finally meet some of you. The battlefields and memorials were inspiring. The drive was great (could have been less moderate) the weather held out, for the most part. Thanks to all who took the time and energy to put this all together.
      Justin, Denny, Ken many thanks, we intend to do this every year it is available!
      Dallas & Brenda
      You can go in one of the faster groups next year, Dallas! Nice to meet you and Brenda...
      A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Thank you so much for an awesome weekend. My buddy Melih is now on standby whenever Shelley can't make it as my passenger. He also had a great time at the tasting, so much so that he had a headache the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by poorshoesless View Post
          Thank you so much for an awesome weekend. My buddy Melih is now on standby whenever Shelley can't make it as my passenger. He also had a great time at the tasting, so much so that he had a headache the next day.
          Ask him if the headache was worth it!

He seemed to be enjoying the tasting!
          '00 S2000, Silverstone/Black 162k+ miles
          '13 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track, Circuit Silver/Black 192k+ miles

Comment

You guys actually drank that brown water?
            David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
            '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
            '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
            '11 Ford Ranger Sport
            '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
            '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
            '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Originally posted by batguano View Post
              Count on Linda and I to be there next year.......................if we have a next year
              Lee, I look forward to seeing you and Linda in Gettysburg - come Hell or high water!
              A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post
                You guys actually drank that brown water?
                Yes, yes we did!
                A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Well...I guess it is..."Officially"...over now All the hustle & bustle, anticipation...and everything else that goes along with this meet.....I would like to personally thank..."Each & Everyone"...of you, for making this the success...that it was...Sharon and I enjoy soooo much, telling the story of Gettysburg
                  That is why we go there so much...Seems that the schools don't teach the Civil War, anymore I guess it's not necessary to know your heritage, ...Who knows, now days...there is so much change about the world.....We just want "ALL" of you...to know that next year will be bigger & better, than this

...as I have said so many times...the car brought us together....but the friendships that have come about..."Life Long"...is what we are really about...and "YOU" make this club....

...so from the first shot...

The agony of war......

The sunset, on Little Roundtop....

...and the red skys upon the Cardori Barn......

....and "TAPS"....heard thru the Vally of Death.....

....we end another Gettysburg Gathering

Godspeed....to "ALL"...of you !!! and a "BIG" thanks, from Sharon and myself....for helping to keep....Gettysburg, alive !!!!

So till next year's tour......
                  C.....YA !!!!!!
                  MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Amen Looter....Amen

Comment

Well said Denny!
                      A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Originally posted by Looter View Post
                        So till next year's tour......
                        C.....YA !!!!!!
                        NEXT YEAR!!

Should I book my room now so I get a King room
                        David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
                        '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

Good luck with that !!! I booked in February...and had to fight with the desk clerk...to get a "King-Room" for my August stay !!!!!
                          ....but then again...I guess you heard !!!

....as well as "EVERYONE" else, that was in the lobby, when I came back down stairs !!!!

...it wasn't a pretty sight !!!! but I won, even though she stuck us in a "Smoking" room

Hilton corporate got a 2-page email...yesterday about the facts !!!!
                          NEXT YEAR!!

Should I book my room now so I get a King room

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Yep - king rooms are hard to come by in that hotel...
                            A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Had conformation on a King Evoloution,( non-smoking ) in Feb....but when we got there....they had given it to someone else.......
                              Originally posted by Justin6264 View Post
                              Yep - king rooms are hard to come by in that hotel...

Comment

I think they gave it to either Ken or Justin! :LOL:
                                David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
                                '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

Comment

Not me. I had a queen room with a sofa. W1ngy got one though (the phinque). That way he and Raul could sleep in different cities (or something) (I think Raul got the couch. He must have lost the coin toss).
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    Rock the Dragon 2022 - Deal's Gap, NC - The curves, the friends, the good times. - May 12-15, 2022 - Registration is CLOSED. See you at the Dragon.
                                    Marietta Memorial Meet - Marietta, OH - Always new adventures - The Rt. 26 Covered Bridge Run - June 3-5, 2022.
                                    Staunton Pop-up - Staunton, VA - Old friends, new friends and Rt. 250 -July 15- 17. 2022
                                    Dragon Fall Run - Deal's Gap, NC - The Dragon, the friends, the fun - Aug 25 to 28, 2002

Comment

Not me - they called ours queens, but seemed a lot like glorified doubles to me...
                                      A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

All I gotz was a [single] double bed...and a fold out couch...in a smoking room. Yes, Raul lost the coin toss. Opened his 'bed' to find all the sheets/covers were unkempt and in a pile at the 'foot' of the foldout. But I distinctly reminded Raul that 'the coin toss' is sacred, and must be observed!

Comment

Originally posted by Justin6264 View Post
                                          Not me - they called ours queens, but seemed a lot like glorified doubles to me...
                                          Well, I think the important thing is that (I mean, we gotta keep our perspective here), is that Pam and I got a King.

Even had an in-room Guess everyone 's really envious now!

Maybe it was because I was "The Birthday Boy."

Wonder how many King Rooms they have there?
                                          Len

'06 Suzuka Blue

Comment

Working...
                                          X