This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGTG III - Aug 3-5 See you in Gettysburg

The Gettysburg Get Together III - Aug 3 to Aug 5. S2000's and History.

It's time for the Gettysburg Get Together (GGTG III). Once again we'll be headquartered at the Gettysburg Hilton Garden Inn for the same low rate as last year. There will be Gettysburg Battlefield Tours, a Saturday drive through the battlefield and some fine mountain roads, the Saturday night banquet at Herr's Ridge Inn and the popular Ghost Tour.

Once again this year, you can arrive as early as Thursday and stay through Monday for the same low daily rate.

The Itinerary:

Friday:
    From 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. We'll have early registration via email for those who don't want to wait to register. Look for the early registration announcement soon.

The meet and greet cocktail party from 5:30 to 7:00 pm. A great opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet lots of new friends.

At 6:30 pm:
    The infamous Pizza Party.

Saturday:
    8:00 am: The drivers meeting in front of the hotel. Drivers are required, passengers can sleep in.

8:30 am:
    The Gettysburg Battlefield Drive. The drive starts with the battlefield and finishes in one of the more interesting sections of Eastern Pennsylvania. There's something for everyone, the serenity of the battlefield, beautiful mountain views and a lot of interesting curves to keep driver and passenger happy and entertained.

11:30 am-1:30 pm:
    - Lunch at Dunlaps.

6:30 pm:
    - The Banquet. Herr's Ridge is once again preparing a special dinner for us. Last year the food was amazing and this year will be even better.

9:00 pm:
    - The Ghost Tour. You'll be entertained by one of Gettysburg's best Ghost Tour guides as you make your way through the "haunted" parts of Gettysburg.

Sunday:
    Some people will be headed for home but others will get to tour the battlefield with some people who know as much about the Civil War as any historian. You'll get a personalized battlefield tour and learn history while having an amazing time.

Sunday afternoon: BBQ in one of the finest BBQ places you've ever eaten in that wasn't condemned . Chubby's has some of the finest BBQ in southern PA/northern MD.

Feel free to stay over Sunday night and explore more of this beautiful and haunting town. You can spend time on the battlefield get a glimpse of one of the most sites in American history.
    Last edited by kgf3076; 11-16-2011, 08:10 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

We are there.....
    ...and the Sunday tour will be better yet
    ....so if you want to know what really happened, during those 3 sacred days....We will let you know...
    Maybe even afterwards, Ken can lead the tour, over to the best BBQ joint going...
    MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Denny and Sharon make Gettysburg and the battle come alive. Looking forward to seeing you and Sharon in August.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

We're new to the forum & club. Interested in the Gettysburg III event. How do we register? Do we make our own hotel reservations, etc? We drive a 2003 S2K.

Comment

Here ya go....ALL....the info !!! Hope to see ya there !!!! I....too, have an '03 "S"....

https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthre...hlight=ggtgIII

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Last edited by tukatz; 06-17-2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Comment

Yes, I AM excited about this event and about the road trip getting there.

Comment

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Luv your sig....!!!!!

Comment

I'm so on the fence w/ this....
                      I want to go this year, but wont know for another few weeks....
                      '00 Civic Si supercharged (stolen)
                      '95 Civic hb turbocharged (sold)
                      '03 Acura CL-S supercharged (sold
                      )
                      '06 S2000 NA (returned)
                      '11 E92 turbo (returned
                      )
                      '14 F10

Become an S2KCA Member, the only NON-PROFIT S2000 Car Club

Comment

Mike...You know you & Cindy can come on over...anytime !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Looter View Post
                          Luv your sig....!!!!!
                          Wait until you see my map when I get back home from GGTG III.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Counting down...have you signed up yet?
                                A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Originally posted by My_yella_s2k View Post
                                  I'm so on the fence w/ this....
                                  I want to go this year, but wont know for another few weeks....
                                  C'mon down Mike! Haven't seen you and Cindy since last year!!
                                  A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Originally posted by Justin6264 View Post
                                    Counting down...have you signed up yet?
                                    Check the first message in https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthre...RATION-IS-OPEN!
                                    We are two lines below you in the registered list. Our hotel reservation was made long ago.

I haven't seen any changes in the list for a while, so I have not updated the map. It still shows the cluster of states near Gettysburg and the one way out west.

Comment

The answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Comment

Time keeps ticking - who is going to join us in Gettysburg this year?

If you've signed up - make sure to post here!
                                        A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Working...
                                        X