Gettysburg - There and Back Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettysburg - There and Back Again

It's just four days until I pull out the driveway and head east for Gettysburg Get Together III. I expect it will be top down most if not all of the time. I'll be on the road 32 days and will cover some 8,000 miles before getting back home. Mel gets uncomfortable on long road trips, so she will fly back to DC where I'll pick her up. We'll be together almost three weeks before she flies home from Dallas. Fortunately, we have a house-sitter who will keep the house secure and the plants watered. Our itinerary is set and all reservations have been made. I'll maintain this travel journal while on the road and post photos of interesting spots along the way. For those of you who will be attending GGTG III, I'll see you in just 13 days.

OMG......what a trip....
    MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

See you in Fargo for dinner Friday with Fred and RoseMary. Our new BRZ needs exercise. . .

Bob and Rachel

Comment

See you soon, Tom. Drive carefully (and take lots of pictures).
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
          See you in Fargo for dinner Friday with Fred and RoseMary. Our new BRZ needs exercise. . .

Bob and Rachel
          Rose Mary mentioned that you were coming down. I look forward to seeing you two again, and your BRZ.

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
            See you soon, Tom. Drive carefully (and take lots of pictures).
            I will, Ken. See you in 13 days.

Comment

Have a great trip, Tom!
              A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Originally posted by Justin6264 View Post
                Have a great trip, Tom!
                Thanks, Justin. See you soon.

Comment

Tom, your trip sounds so cool. I would love to do something like that before I get too old !
                  Enjoy and be safe. I'll be looking for the pics as you post them.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                    Tom, your trip sounds so cool. I would love to do something like that before I get too old !
                    Enjoy and be safe. I'll be looking for the pics as you post them.
                    I have no idea how old you are, but I am 72 and still going strong. I know that one of these days I will have to slow down, but I'll do it kicking and screaming. Thanks for the good wishes and I hope you enjoy the report on my trip. My 'map' won't change until the third day out when I get into North Dakota, but my S will have visited 33 of the 48 continental states (or is that 55 - help me Mr. President) by the time I get home.

Comment

Three more days until departure and my clothes and stuff are pretty much ready to be packed. I'm hoping it will be mainly a shorts and short sleeved sport shirt trip. I'll take everything with me so that Mel only has to take her purse and her laptop. Stops along the road will be made much easier by the Roadster Valet. It's essentially a garment bag that hangs behind the seat and has a pouch at the top that hooks over the head rest. It has enough capacity that I won't have to haul suitcases in and out each evening. I bought two of them so I can take some of Mel's clothes in one. With shirts hanging instead of being folded into suitcases, they should remain pretty presentable.

Comment

Those are some short shorts Tom. You're not wearing knee-high black socks too, are ya?

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                          Those are some short shorts Tom. You're not wearing knee-high black socks too, are ya?

OMG......Sean.....!!!!! That is soooooo tacky !!! ( my 88year old dad ) lol !!!!
                          MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

They are very comfortable for long drives and launder easily. I'll have a pair of jeans to 'dress up' in for dinner. :rolf:
                            And no, I'm not wearing any socks at all unless it gets cold. Fortunately, my moccasins are comfortable bare foot.
                            By the way, I discovered Banana Boat Body and Scalp spray several years ago. It is a liquid and comes in an orange plunger spray bottle. I can spray that stuff on my scalp, arms, and legs and drive all day with the top down and not get sunburned. I have no idea what is in it, but it really works well. I usually do wear a hat for part of the day, but wearing it all day long gives me a headache.

Comment

Guess you'll just be chillin' on down the road eh?

sigpic
                              2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                              Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Guess you'll just be chillin' on down the road eh?
                                Let's see. It will be 80 in Lakewood on Wednesday and 86 in Missoula, MT, 93 in Miles City, MT on Thursday, and 84 in Fargo, ND on Friday and 89 on Saturday. Doesn't look like there will be much chillin' going on.

Comment

Sounds great! Can't wait for the pics.

sigpic

Comment

Two days until departure. Today I'll get Rico all cleaned up and put a good coat of Rain-X on all the windows. Probably better put a coat of 303 on the top as well.
                                    I seem to recall that parts of Eastern Montana get pretty spotty cell phone coverage, so I'll take my spare. We travel light enough that the space is not an issue. Wouldn't want to have a flat with no spare and no cell signal. So I better check its pressure today as well.

Comment

Today's tasks - clean the inside of Rico's windshield and Speed Shine him, get a haircut, and get Rico's oil changed. Later today I'll pack and tonight we'll watch the last episode of The Civil War. I've already finished rereading The Killer Angels. Tomorrow my adventure begins!

Comment

Originally posted by tukatz View Post
                                        Today's tasks - clean the inside of Rico's windshield and Speed Shine him, get a haircut, and get Rico's oil changed. Later today I'll pack and tonight we'll watch the last episode of The Civil War. I've already finished rereading The Killer Angels. Tomorrow my adventure begins!
                                        Have a great trip, Tom and drive carefully. See you soon.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

Working...
                                        X