No announcement yet.

The Gettysburg Get Together (GGTG IV) Aug 2-4, 2013 - Registration is closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gettysburg Get Together (GGTG IV) Aug 2-4, 2013 - Registration is closed

GGTG is now four years old so it's party time. Welcome to GGTG IV! August 2 to 4. Register Here!

Once again we invade the Hilton Garden Inn (Rooms $94/night this year too) August 2-4 for a weekend of drives and good times.
    (Click the link for hotel information. Ask for the Honda S2000 or Honda Group rate).

The fourth annual Gettysburg Gathering for S2000 owners everywhere. Come join us for a long weekend of friendship, good food, great conversation and drives through the Gettysburg Battlefield and surrounding countryside. Your one price entry fee covers name tags, the Friday night reception, the Saturday Drive Lunch and the Saturday night Banquet and the event magnet for the driver. The only optional event is the Ghost Walk.
    I know the system asks you to print "tickets". Please print only one (1) ticket. You will need this at registration.

The Itinerary:

Friday:
    Registration: From 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. We'll have early registration via email for those who don't want to wait to register. Look for the early registration announcement soon.
    The meet and greet cocktail party from 5:30 to 7:00 pm. A great opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet lots of new friends.
    At 6:30 pm: The infamous Pizza Party.

Saturday:
    8:30 am: The drivers meeting in front of the hotel. Drivers are required, passengers can sleep in.
    9:00 am: The Gettysburg Battlefield Drive. The drive starts with the battlefield and finishes in one of the more interesting sections of Eastern Pennsylvania. There's something for everyone, the serenity of the battlefield, beautiful mountain views and a lot of interesting curves to keep driver and passenger happy and entertained.
    11:30 am-1:30 pm: - Lunch at Dunlaps.
    6:30 pm: - The Banquet. Herr's Ridge is once again preparing a special dinner for us. Last year the food was amazing and this year will be even better.
    9:00 pm: - The Ghost Tour. You'll be entertained by one of Gettysburg's best Ghost Tour guides as you make your way through the "haunted" parts of Gettysburg.

Sunday:
    Some people will be headed for home but others will get to tour the battlefield with people who know as much about the Civil War as any historian. You'll get a personalized battlefield tour and learn history while having an amazing time.
    After the battlefield tour, we'll head for Chubby's for BBQ. Great BBQ, great friends, great car.

Feel free to stay over Sunday night and explore more of this beautiful and haunting town. You can spend time on the battlefield and get a glimpse of one of the most historical sites in American history.

REGISTER HERE!
    Last edited by kgf3076; 07-17-2013, 12:22 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

We'll be there...
    A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Room booked....& registered...Arriving Thursday, departing on Monday morn...See ya'al soon...

......and the "History Lessons" will begin......S-O-O-N.....!!!!!!!
      MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
        GGTG is now four years old so it's party time. Welcome to GGTG IV! August 2 to 4.
        Not to pick nits, but if this is the fourth annual event then I'd think that it's only three years old...
        "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
        Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich View Post
          Not to pick nits, but if this is the fourth annual event then I'd think that it's only three years old...
          Don't make me start THAT again. It's the fourth one, it happens one time a year (annual) and it's an event (and actually if we wanted to be completely correct, we SHOULD say that it's the fourth one in 5 years because we skipped a year between GGTG I and GGTG II. Confused? Me too! )
          Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

Hi Ken - Carolyn and I are looking forward to our 2nd GGTG. Also making plans for the Dragon event in Sep. The registration info wasn't clear about hotel/lodging. Did I miss something?

Comment

Hmmm, I didn't manager to overlook calling the hotel and asking for the GGTG rate did I? Here's the missing information. Be sure to ask for the Honda S2000 rate. (And I'm looking forward to seeing the two of you at the Dragon in September)

Comment

Don't make me start THAT again. It's the fourth one, it happens one time a year (annual) and it's an event (and actually if we wanted to be completely correct, we SHOULD say that it's the fourth one in 5 years because we skipped a year between GGTG I and GGTG II. Confused? Me too! )
                So the official name should read:

GGTG IV
                (out of V GGTGs possible since we skipped a year between GTGG I & 11)

Will that fit on the magnet?
                A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Originally posted by Justin6264 View Post
                  So the official name should read:

GGTG IV
                  (out of V GGTGs possible since we skipped a year between GTGG I & 11)

Will that fit on the magnet?
                  I think if we use 6 point type we can get all of that on the magnet.

Comment

1. I gave it a moments thought, but August 3rd is when I tricked my wife into marrying me, so, not going to happen!
                    2. Plus, school is beginning, and I'm setting up my room, teacher's meetings, etc.
                    3. Looks like I'll see you when I retire, if I have gas $, ha!
                    4. I will do the Tomcatt Run in June, which is on Father's Day Weekend! Always something!
                    5. Am going to the Cinc Tech Day.

Comment

Originally posted by doddg View Post
                      1. I gave it a moments thought, but August 3rd is when I tricked my wife into marrying me, so, not going to happen!
                      2. Plus, school is beginning, and I'm setting up my room, teacher's meetings, etc.
                      4. I will do the Tomcatt Run in June, which is on Father's Day Weekend! Always something!
                      1. Celebrate with a great bunch of people in Gettysburg. Denny and Sharon got married there!!
                      2. Cut the day short on Friday and drive over.
                      3. No time like the present.
                      4. GGTG isn't until August - you'll be ready for another drive with some great friends.
                      5. Tell them to change the date!
                      A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

bring her along, we'll help you celebrate at the bourbon tasting....(you know what they say about alcohol..lowers the inhibitions...you may get lucky for the third time )

Contract it out to one of your new students.

By that time,we'll be driving flying cars .

Did that once, all day drive and not too exciting. Best part was sitting in the bar and watching you get plastered on one beer.

Poorest excuse of the whole bunch. Mike and Scoots will be happy to change the date for you, I'm sure.

Comment

doddg attending the Cinti tech day is not the reason he is missing GGTG, as it's in June. That was just an extra snippet of information.

Comment

Poorest excuse of the whole bunch. Mike and Scoots will be happy to change the date for you, I'm sure.
                            What's Scoots got to do the Cincinnati tech day? Now Mikey, he's definitely our leader.

Comment

1. Celebrate with a great bunch of people in Gettysburg. Denny and Sharon got married there!!
                              2. Cut the day short on Friday and drive over.
                              3. No time like the present.
                              4. GGTG isn't until August - you'll be ready for another drive with some great friends.
                              A. Appreciate the thoughts, but since my wife would not ride in the S for more than a few miles, if I want a 41st anniversary, I'd better drive in our hot 8.5 yr. old Corolla.
                              B. "Cut the day short," not at the beginning of the school year, asking to leave early; we fear for our jobs around here with decreasing enrollment, teachers are "R.I.F.F.ed every year.

Comment

bring her along, we'll help you celebrate at the bourbon tasting....(you know what they say about alcohol..lowers the inhibitions...you may get lucky for the third time )

Contract it out to one of your new students.

By that time,we'll be driving flying cars .

Did that once, all day drive and not too exciting. Best part was sitting in the bar and watching you get plastered on one beer.

1. I laughed through the whole thing! You are so funny! I try to be the site's humorist, but you are good!
                                2. It's nice to be made fun of by someone who knows me a little and has some skill, the boys in the Shoutbox are amateurs, one-dimensional, still making fun of another's tallywaggar, which they aren't even old enough to get the humor of that reference, ha!

Comment

Originally posted by onu2002 View Post
                                  doddg attending the Cinti tech day is not the reason he is missing GGTG, as it's in June. That was just an extra snippet of information.
                                  1. Yes, I'm full of snippets of useless info! But, I have no friends to listen to me, and online, noone can keep me from typing, so I can be as boring as boring can be!

Comment

1. noone can keep me from typing, so I can be as boring as boring can be!
                                    Or more so

Comment

Ken, thanks but I meant to ask where to stay for the dragon run.

Comment

Originally posted by onu2002 View Post
                                        What's Scoots got to do the Cincinnati tech day? Now Mikey, he's definitely our leader.
                                        I agree!
                                        David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                                        '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                                        '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                                        '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                                        '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                                        '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                                        '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Working...
                                        X