Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome! Can't wait!

Comment

Fair warning though, the GGTG is a lot about the history, and less about the driving than say, the Dragon events. I attended last year thinking it would be a lot of driving with a little history sprinkled in, but it's the other way around. It's definitley a good time though. I definitely had a much greater appreciation for the history than I did when my parents took us there when I was young.

Comment

Originally posted by onu2002 View Post
        Fair warning though, the GGTG is a lot about the history, and less about the driving than say, the Dragon events. I attended last year thinking it would be a lot of driving with a little history sprinkled in, but it's the other way around. It's definitley a good time though. I definitely had a much greater appreciation for the history than I did when my parents took us there when I was young.
        Sounds like a good reason to do both, Tom. First Dragon event is in April. See you then?
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

Can I register for next year's GGTG 2014 now. JoshOhio you need to get in touch with the OKI group. They are a bunch of great people to hang with. Looter, lovetodrive2000, Scooterboy and onu2002 get up with JoshOhio.

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
            Sounds like a good reason to do both, Tom. First Dragon event is in April. See you then?
            I'll be at spring dragon, but that's the only event I'm sure about for '14.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshOhio View Post
              That's awesome! Can't wait!
              Josh...Registration for Gettysburg will come, June or July...Ken or Justin will post it...OKI's driving season is more or less over for the year..We are going to have a "Beater Meet" in January, on the 25th at 6:00PM...Hopefully you will come and meet some of the group..We are very active during the season...Starting with the Dragon...Please do come...You will luv this event !!!

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1047...il-10-13-2014/

Now for the Beater Meet.....

https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthre...ht=beater+meet
              MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by Looter View Post
                Josh...Registration for Gettysburg will come, June or July...Ken or Justin will post it...OKI's driving season is more or less over for the year..We are going to have a "Beater Meet" in January, on the 25th at 6:00PM...Hopefully you will come and meet some of the group..We are very active during the season...Starting with the Dragon...Please do come...You will luv this event !!!

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1047...il-10-13-2014/

Now for the Beater Meet.....

https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthre...ht=beater+meet

Hey Denny, is the Gettysburg meet always the first days of August ?.

Reason I ask is that my family vacation is always the last two weeks of July and it makes it real hard to turn around and drive to Gettysburg after driving 5,000 kms on our summer vacation. We return home to Canada right around August 1st from summer vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by zeroptzero View Post
                  Hey Denny, is the Gettysburg meet always the first days of August ?.

Reason I ask is that my family vacation is always the last two weeks of July and it makes it real hard to turn around and drive to Gettysburg after driving 5,000 kms on our summer vacation. We return home to Canada right around August 1st from summer vacation.
                  Joey .... Last couple of years it has been...but it's a long way off .. Ken & Justin put this event on...We can ask them about the dates....We are planning, ( right now ) on attending S2K-Days, in Portland this year...and I think it is in July...Not sure if we can make all that driving, either...Depends on the dates, for Sharon and myself...too ..!! Then again, we will not miss the Gettysburg reenactment, the first few days of July ...!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Thanks for the reply Denny. If it could be in June or later August that would be nice, but I understand that meets and events can't be planned around one person's schedule. Just suggesting

Comment

Originally posted by zeroptzero View Post
                      Thanks for the reply Denny. If it could be in June or later August that would be nice, but I understand that meets and events can't be planned around one person's schedule. Just suggesting
                      For you ... my friend, we'll see what we can put together...Would luv to take you around the field...

Comment

Originally posted by Looter View Post
                        For you ... my friend, we'll see what we can put together...Would luv to take you around the field...
                        Awesome This event is part of my bucket list, mainly for the opportunity to get your insight into the history of the Gettysburg. I hope we can swing it pal !

Comment

Working...
                        X