Gettysburg GTG IV Photo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettysburg GTG IV Photo Thread

I'm glad everyone had a great time (including Paul who wanted to go mud-bogging for some yet to be determined reason). See you in Atlanta, Fontana, and/or Winchester. Thanks to everyone who came out. (Post those pictures).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Gettysburg GTG IV Photo Thread

WOW....We got the 4th Gettysburg Gathering completed...
    What a time was had...by Sharon & myself....
    From the serenity of "Little Round Top"..

.....and "Only" as we see it....The parting of the sea...

.....then we found a "Real" Louisiana Tiger...from Hay's Brigade of Ewell's Corp.... OMG !!!!!!

Then...on the Third Day....14,000 of our Southern boys...lined up, a mile across...Seminary Ridge.....( of course there were only 6 of us ) Justin, Sharon, myself, Tom, Mike & Sheri .....re-lived the mile walk, across the sacred ground...known as Pickett's Charge....

....and we walked into this.....

...to get here....the "Angle" on Cemetery Ridge......

Then...for one of the most humbling experiences that I have ever...had on the field of honor....Tom Finucane, attended a seminar, on the history of Chambersburg...It has been known all along that Marse Lee...made camp in Chambersburg for three days, proir to the Battle of Gettysburg...He made the most important, and toughest battle decision of his entire life...."HERE".....General Lee met with General Longstreet...and the spy Harrison, along with 40,000 troops... "HERE"....and made the call...to bring back, all his corps, that were on their way to Harrisburg..."ALL"...my boys...proceed directly to Gettysburg...We are going to engage the enemy....there.............
    Harrison had told them, much to their surprise....that the "ENTIRE"..Army of the Potomac, was less that a days march...from their very position...right now....!!!
    ...after 150 years....they have located the "EXACT"..spot, that the Commanders of the Army of Northern Virginia camped..

and this, my friend...is the place....

....so...with all being said, we have completed another, great time...with the most awesome people...we know...Thanks to "ALL"....for coming...and thanks, Justin....& Ken..
    Till the next time......................................
    Godspeed !!!!!!!
    Last edited by Looter; 08-08-2013, 05:19 PM.
    MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Beautiful pictures, Denny!
      A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Awesome Denny, but more info on the S2000 in the "river" please ?

Comment

Originally posted by zeroptzero View Post
          Awesome Denny, but more info on the S2000 in the "river" please ?
          Actually it's more of a swamp with additional creek-age . Paul wanted to do some off-road, mud bogging for some strange reason.
          There were showers on and off and the section of road where he spun out was extremely slippery. You can't see it, but he used about 3 of his 9 lives when he went (backwards) between two very large posts to park in that bog. He managed to go off in the only spot where a post had been at one time. There was absolutely no damage to the car, however there was some to Paul's pride.
          Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
            Actually it's more of a swamp with additional creek-age . Paul wanted to do some off-road, mud bogging for some strange reason.
            There were showers on and off and the section of road where he spun out was extremely slippery. You can't see it, but he used about 3 of his 9 lives when he went (backwards) between two very large posts to park in that bog. He managed to go off in the only spot where a post had been at one time. There was absolutely no damage to the car, however there was some to Paul's pride.
            No damage and no injuries is good news, pride can be restored with a bit of time , lol.

Comment

I have got to get out there for one of your Gettysburg get togethers!
              sigpic
              Pacific Northwest Chapter Guru, 9 years running!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mangonel View Post
                I have got to get out there for one of your Gettysburg get togethers!
                We plan to do them every year - as long as someone will attend and maybe if no one attends. LOL
                It would be great to have another attendee from the Great Northwest!!
                A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

I got a little loosey, goosey in that same corner - light rain and mist on that very smooth and slick pavement are not a good combo. That entire section of the drive has a couple of slippery when wet signs posted and they are not kidding...
                  A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

There has to be some more photos. Post up! I want to see what I missed.
                    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                      There has to be some more photos. Post up! I want to see what I missed.
                      Here are some MDW (my darling wife) took. She's taken over the photog part of meets so I don't have to do that any more.

Comment

Here are some MDW (my darling wife) took. She's taken over the photog part of meets so I don't have to do that any more.

Oh yea ...!!! Tell YHC... she did a great job ...!!!
                        MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Great pics, Yoon Hee! Especially liked the ones from Friday evening on Roundtop.
                          A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Originally posted by Looter View Post
                            Oh yea ...!!! Tell YHC... she did a great job ...!!!
                            You just told her, Denny. She sends her thanks to both you and Justin.

Comment

Damn, I'm very mad I missed this...
                              '00 Civic Si supercharged (stolen)
                              '95 Civic hb turbocharged (sold)
                              '03 Acura CL-S supercharged (sold
                              )
                              '06 S2000 NA (returned)
                              '11 E92 turbo (returned
                              )
                              '14 F10

Become an S2KCA Member, the only NON-PROFIT S2000 Car Club

Comment

Get your to Atlanta. You wouldn't want to miss that too.
                                S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

We have guys up here that dress like the old Louisiana Tiger, but we call them Shriners, and they drive funny little cars lol.

Comment

Terrific pics -- thanks for posting!
                                    Len

'06 Suzuka Blue

Comment

Working...
                                    X