The Gathering in the Garden State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gathering in the Garden State

This is now the official thread for this event.

New Jersey is the home state to the most superfund toxic waste sites in the nation. Our rivers are polluted, our roads are congested, our cities are run down, crime is everywhere and corruption is rampant. New Jersey is also the most magnificent state in the nation. Ed (emg88), Ellen (Tadashi), myself in conjunction with the North East Region of S2CKA would like to show it to you. We in the newly energized North East Region are proud to present "The Gathering in the Garden State".

This meet is scheduled for Friday August 24th to Sunday August 26th, and will not conflict with any other meet. It will be headquartered in beautiful Northern New Jersey.

https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthre...eferrerid=6362

Hotel Information

Thanks to Ed (emg88) we now have our hotel in place. We will be headquartered in beautiful Mahwah, New Jersey at the

Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
    1 International Boulevard
    Mahwah, New Jersey, United States
    Phone (201) 529-1660 • Fax (201) 529-4709

Located in Northern Bergen County, Sheraton Mahwah Hotel is just 40 minutes outside New York City and Newark International Airport. We are convenient to Interstate 287, Route 17, and the New York State Thruway, giving you quick and easy to access to the surrounding...

Book Now!!

This event is limited to 75 rooms
    We were able to get a great rate for such a beautiful Hotel @ $129.00 per night

We have provided a purpose built and personalized Web site just for the S2000 CLUB OF AMERICA to make your Hotel reservations. occurring
    August 23, 2007 - August 25, 2007 Check out on the 26th.

For those that are traveling the rate has been extended to include Aug. 23, 2007 (Thur.) for early arrivals.

Guests can access the site to learn more about the event and to book a reservation from November 03, 2006 to August 26, 2007

Access to the site can be obtained by going to
    link below:

Attendee
    HONDA CLUB OF AMERICA (click here or cut/paste the following into a browser)

http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarG...5055&key=C5DFD

Please post your confirmed reservations-who and how many, plus the nights you will be staying in this thread.

Among the activities being planned is a drive through New Jersey and New York, a dinner/celebration and a great deal of fun. If you've heard about "The Gathering at Gettysburg" that I recently organized, you'll know how I like to do meets. I assure you that you will enjoy every minute of this one.

I have taken the liberty of inviting my friends from the Vintage Forum and my friends from NES2KO (New England S2000 Owners). For the first time the fine members of S2KCA will have the opportunity to meet, socialize with and drive along side the fine menbers of Vintage and NES2KO.

It promises to be a great meet. I hope to see you all there.

Attendees
    emg88+1 (Ed & Joann)
    ralper+1 (Rob & Liz)
    kgf3076+1 (Ken & Yoon-Hee)
    Jays2k+1 (Jay & Lauren)
    My_yella_s2K+1 (Mike & Cindy)
    EricM+1 (Eric & Ginny)
    Geras003+1 (Aleksey & Ulysses)
    Eclat520 (Tom)
    Rvenom+1 (Brian & Melissa)
    JasonS2000 (Jason)
    Matt_in_VA+1 (Matt & Barbara)
    Emil St_Hillare+1 (Emil & Renee)
    Kyras (Patricia)
    Trapper+1 (Paul & Barbara)
    Ruined 2 (Phil)
    Goblues2k+1 (Dennis & Sue)
    Sailor1533+1 (Terry & Marcy)
    SSSnakeSSS+1 (Robert & Connie)
    Tadashi+1 (Ellen & Joe)
    Desmo4 (Jonathan)
    Repiv (Dave)
    Rjcjr0823 (Robert)
    Photodavo (Dave)
    Jukengene+1 (Gene & Bea)
    Rick Hesel (Rick)
    Bobushka
    Calbear
    Nate03 (Joel)
    S2KNJ
    RunUrAss
    Grunts2k (Dave)
    Orangebarius
    8kgoodenuff (Andre)
    Hiper (Anuj)
    Len44 (Len & Pam)
    BearNVA (Bill)
    Justin6264 (Justin & Chelle)
    Java_Junky+1 (Jack & Marie)
    MikeSchunk (Mike)
    Starbrd (Herman)
    S2KBilly (Billy & Diane)
    sshim35563
    S2K KiDD
    SLickRick2
    trich1687
    Last edited by ralper; 08-19-2007, 06:48 PM.
    Rob
    New Jersey's Favorite Son
    Please consider the environment before you print this post. Thank you.
    Charter member NJ/NY Chapter

2002 S2000 Sebring Silver/Black
    2011 CR-Z Milano Red/Navi
    2009 Acura TSX-Tech Package/Navi Blue
    2006 Civic Si Alabaster Silver Metalic/Black Navi
    2005 Civic EX Coupe Magnesium/Grey

Anything bigger than a Civic is just too big. Crush your SUV.

You can put me as a maybe... I have a feeling I'll be spending most of my vacation days out of the country next year, but if at all possible, I'll be there.
    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich
      You can put me as a maybe... I have a feeling I'll be spending most of my vacation days out of the country next year, but if at all possible, I'll be there.
      Ulrich

Excellent!

I'm putting you on the attendee list and hoping that you can make it. Its a long way off and I hope you'll be able to arrange your schedule.

Rob
      Rob

Comment

Rob,
        If we can figure out a way to get there we will be there. (The early head start makes it more likely) My wife and I got engaged in NYC 16 years ago and haven't been back east since 2000. We have been trying to set up a trip for the past 2 years. I remember my first drive to Northern New Jersey and how shocked I was to see all the trees and rolling hills. I bet that driving in New Jersey in august is more fun than driving in Phoenix in august.
        gary

Comment

Originally posted by gtnag
          Rob,
          If we can figure out a way to get there we will be there. (The early head start makes it more likely) My wife and I got engaged in NYC 16 years ago and haven't been back east since 2000. We have been trying to set up a trip for the past 2 years. I remember my first drive to Northern New Jersey and how shocked I was to see all the trees and rolling hills. I bet that driving in New Jersey in august is more fun than driving in Phoenix in august.
          gary
          We had our first S2KDays wedding this year so I don't see any reason why we can't celebrate an S2KCA anniversary. I am putting this event on my calendar as well. It would be great to meet all of you.

Thanks for doing the planning Rob. You're starting to make us look bad since we have yet to select a worthy candidate for S2KDays 2007.
          Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
          '07 VW Touareg V6
          '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Originally posted by photodavo
            We had our first S2KDays wedding this year so I don't see any reason why we can't celebrate an S2KCA anniversary. I am putting this event on my calendar as well. It would be great to meet all of you.

Thanks for doing the planning Rob. You're starting to make us look bad since we have yet to select a worthy candidate for S2KDays 2007.
            Have no fear,the Nor'East boys are here.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by S2Kr
              Have no fear,the Nor'East boys are here.!!!
              Even the Southeast is up for this and helping out. This is going to be one great meet.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------
              In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076
                Even the Southeast is up for this and helping out. This is going to be one great meet.
                Thanks Ken. We're going to call on you and Val and your VA/W.VA club for help.

I too think this is going to be a great meet.
                Rob

Comment

I have an interest, put Connie and I down for a definite maybe. Just a little out there right now for me to give a full confirmation, but we have an interest in having some fun and meeting more owners.
                  Jersey is not that far, and after all it is the Garden state.

Comment

Because this thread is not yet the official sign up thread, but is at this point only intended to gauge interest, I am listing everyone who said they will attend if they can.

If you, like me, have dual citizenship (belong to two or more of the groups who have been invited) you will be listed with the group where you posted your interest.

I thank everyone for the interest you are showing in this meet. I think its going to be a great one.
                    Rob

Comment

Let's see... New Jersey... It's possible. Gotta looko intdo a couple of things first, but it is possible. Count us a maybe.Thanks
                      Not all who wander are lost...

We are part of that group of folks who have driven their S2000 more than 100,000 miles.

Comment

Yes, if I'm still in the area I'll be there too.

Jonathan
                        MY 00 #3510
                        ]Mugen Airbox, Headers, Exhaust, Pressure Plate,LSD, Radiator cap NZ dampers, Thermo SW seat track and Thermostat. Sampco intake pipe and radiator hoses, Swift sway bars, Stillen rotors, BBS JDM Forged Wheels.w/ Potensa Re=01R's Nextgear Intake manifold gasket, SPA gauges, Alpine IDA-X001, KCE-350Bt BT adapter, Focal 165-K2P 6.25" Speakers, Phoenix Gold ZX475Ti, Recaro Profi SPG w/Sparco 6 pt harness

[/COLOR]

Comment

August 2007? Talk about advanced notice. I should be in for that one although a long way from now.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgeViper01
                            August 2007? Talk about advanced notice. I should be in for that one although a long way from now.
                            Yes. I'm putting you on the list.
                            Rob

Comment

We are negotiating with the hotel now and will post more information as we finalize. For now the official dates are Friday, August 24 to Sunday, August 26.
                              Rob

Comment

Count me in, Rob. Terry and I will be looking foward to it.
                                Gary

Comment

Originally posted by boomvang
                                  Count me in, Rob. Terry and I will be looking foward to it.
                                  Gary
                                  I'm adding you to the list right now.
                                  Rob

Comment

I'm interested. +3 (one +1, one Miata, 2 daughters) Final decision will depend on when school starts for my daughters, and when DBR7 is...

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by parkerdt
                                      I'm interested. +3 (one +1, one Miata, 2 daughters) Final decision will depend on when school starts for my daughters, and when DBR7 is...

Dave
                                      I'm going to put you on the list for now.
                                      Rob

Comment

It's a very long ways off, but God willing and the creek don't rise, I will try my best to make it. The best fun I've ever had was with some of you folks at Fall Colors years ago. It's time to renew old friendships and shake the hands of new friends I've yet to meet.

Comment

Working...
                                        X