The Gathering in the Garden State Pizza Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gathering in the Garden State Pizza Party

Okay, so I said I might be going to Kinchley's Tavern for pizza on Friday night August 24th and that is was in Ramsey which is only a mile or two from Mahwah and that it wasn't a planned thing, it was just a spontaneous event and that if anyone would like to come along they were more than welcome...(and did I mention that KInchley's has some damn fine pizza?)
    If you want to go, just say so...we might get thrown out for being too large a crowd, we may get thrown out on general principles, we might have to eat standing up, but it's mighty fine pizza.

Ever been to Kinchley's? Here's a short blurb from The Big Apple Dining Guide (a foodie blog):

Kinchley's is a favorite of mine and has been for nearly two decades. Their beer dough/thin-crust pizza is unlike any you've had elsewhere. True to form, I ordered the Fra Diavolo (spicy sauce) pie and others ordered a mix of plain pizzas, fried clams, spicy mussels and the like. The Fra Diavolo was a bit spicier than usual according to Danna - and I found the regular pie to be one of the better versions I've had. Delicious. The crust crunches, the sauce is flavorful with generous amounts of dried basil and oregano, and the cheese is "realer" than much of what you get in the city. They take great pride in their pizza and for good reason. Despite notoriously awful service, they take their commitment to their customers seriously.

Kinchley's was once asked to use their facility for an episode of the Soprano's. The owner reportedly turned down the offer, which would no doubt drive even more business their way, citing that the seven days they would need to shut the restaurant down to film would be unacceptable. You see, Kinchley's is NEVER closed. Not for nobody, never. And so to satisfy its legions of dedicated patrons, even on Christmas at midnight, Kinchley's will never be in an episode of the Soprano's but forever in my thoughts of great pizza, small business ownership loyalty and my previous years living in Northern NJ.

Friday night (August 24) in the Sheraton Crossroads Lobby at 8:00pm. Adventure, Fun, Excitement ... ah nuts, we're just doing a serious pizza run...
    Pizza eaters united (so far):
    hecash (Harry)
    emil +1 (Emil and Renée)
    kgf3076 +1 (Ken and Yoon-Hee)
    my_yella_s2k +1 (Mike and Cindy)
    emg88 +1 (Ed and Joann)
    desmo4 (Jonathan)
    matt_in_va +plantpixie (Matt and Barbara)
    Java_Junky +1 (Jack and Marie)
    Zippy +1 (Ken and Nancy)
    repiv (Dave)
    Ruined2 (Phil and Bunny)
    rvenom (Brian and Melissa)
    SssnakessS+1
    kyras (Patricia)
    Len44 +1 (Len and Pam)
    wtmohr (Tom)
    laphroaig40 +1 ( Pat and Jerry)
    Pawbear +1 (Rick and Carol)
    SlickRick2 (Rick)
    Last edited by kgf3076; 08-18-2007, 09:35 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.

:hi2: Me! Me!

Comment

Originally posted by repiv View Post
      :hi2: Me! Me!
      added and welcome
      In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.

Comment

I'm insulted! I have to request to be put on the list?

2005 Silverstone - Mods: Comptech exhaust, Comptech CAI, Comptech strut bar, Comptech rear tie bar, Rick's cross brace, Power Slot Cryo Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Head Rest speakers, XM radio, Volk RE30 w/RE01R, Work wheels VS-SS for looks!

Comment

Originally posted by emg88 View Post
          I'm insulted! I have to request to be put on the list?
          Oh all right, if you insist...(you can stand in line at Kinchley's at 5:30pm so we can get a LARGE table :LOL: ). You're there ahead of Jonathan but behind Harry Cash who asked first...

Comment

Pizza on the Aug 24th I'm in.

Comment

Pizza Night at the Gathering in the Garden State. August 24th we're going to Kinchley's
              Note the new time to meet.

The official, unofficial Pizza run to Kinchley's on Aug 24. I actually managed to make reservations at Kinchley's for 08/24. We have reservations for 8:45 (the earliest I could get so we gotta take advantage of it).

Comment

Request for info.

Hello:
                I'm interested in attending the event at Mahwah in August. Where can I obtain more information?

Mike Schunk

Comment

Mike
                  https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=11531
                  '00 Civic Si supercharged (stolen)
                  '95 Civic hb turbocharged (sold)
                  '03 Acura CL-S supercharged (sold
                  )
                  '06 S2000 NA (returned)
                  '11 E92 turbo (returned
                  )
                  '14 F10

Become an S2KCA Member, the only NON-PROFIT S2000 Car Club

Comment

Mike, welcome and hope to see you in Mahwah. Mike already posted the link to the sign up and agenda, but I'll do it again. Also don't forget to sign up for the banquet on Saturday night and if you'll be there early, my little pizza run to Kinchley's.

Link for the Gathering in the Garden State info: https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=11531

Link to the sign up for the banquet for the Gathering: https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=16699

Comment

Brian and Melissa will be there.

Comment

I have the feeling,that there is not much interest,for that "Gathering in New-Jersey; no official list of attendees,posted yet...etc...l
                        Are we gonna be,10-,or 12 cars,only???

Comment

Originally posted by S2Kr View Post
                          I have the feeling,that there is not much interest,for that "Gathering in New-Jersey; no official list of attendees,posted yet...etc...l
                          Are we gonna be,10-,or 12 cars,only???
                          Here is the link to the main page for the Gathering in the Garden State. Go to the bottom of the page and you will see the list of people attending. This forum is for the Friday night pizza party, not the official sign up for the meet.

Link: (in case the one above doesn't work) https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=11531

and here's a list of people who have signed up to attend:

S2KCA Attendees
                          photodavo
                          joe s2k
                          asnbanker
                          S2K Randy
                          kgf3076
                          Java
                          zippy
                          EricM
                          S2Kr
                          SondraS2k
                          Ulrich
                          gtnag
                          SSSnakeSSS
                          Tadashi
                          emg88
                          Wanderer
                          desmo4
                          raymo19
                          DodgeViper01
                          Boomvang
                          parkerdt
                          repiv
                          Looter
                          bracky
                          ralper

NES2KO Attendees
                          g-s2k
                          paivag
                          Bass
                          Elmmx5
                          05berlinas2k
                          TheToon
                          laster
                          Crisis
                          Sireousrex

Vintage Attendees
                          Hardtopguy
                          Frankb
                          MsPerky
                          Matt_in_VA
                          CitadelBlue
                          kyras
                          pas2k
                          Emil St-Hillare
                          Trapper
                          Valentine
                          Legal Bill
                          Ruined 2
                          GX2
                          goblues2k
                          Dex9
                          S1997
                          mafs2000
                          trich1687
                          Starbrd

Comment

where am i???
                            THANKS KEN.... real nice southern hospitality
                            '00 Civic Si supercharged (stolen)
                            '95 Civic hb turbocharged (sold)
                            '03 Acura CL-S supercharged (sold
                            )
                            '06 S2000 NA (returned)
                            '11 E92 turbo (returned
                            )
                            '14 F10

Become an S2KCA Member, the only NON-PROFIT S2000 Car Club

Comment

minor assist in getting someone headed in the right direction. No GPS in these Forums. :LOL:

Comment

Comment

More people signed up...are you going to Kinchley's? Better let me know soon.

Comment

Please add us to the Pizza Party (Len & Pam).

Many Thanks!
                                    Len

'06 Suzuka Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Len44 View Post
                                      Please add us to the Pizza Party (Len & Pam).

Many Thanks!
                                      I had you two added before you even signed up...

Comment

Ken, sign me up.

Tom
                                        Surely you can't be serious!
                                        I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley...

02 Suzuka Blue #407 - GBNF
                                        86 MR2 - GBNF
                                        sigpic
                                        It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it!

Comment

Working...
                                        X