No announcement yet.

Gathering Drive Group Selection Here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gathering Drive Group Selection Here!!

It’s Time to Plan the Drive Groups!

New Jersey and New York are not just congested areas of turnpike exits and big cities. Let us prove it to you!

The Garden State members have been working hard over the last 5 months to develop an interesting and scenic drive for both visitors and locals. We have planned a route which offers great scenery and some interesting twisties that will be lots of fun no matter what your preference, be it a spirited drive or just meandering along and enjoying the beautiful scenery.

The drive is 120 miles of great driving. The drive includes 2 rest stops and an hour stop for a light lunch at an old-fashioned drive-in. The drive is sure to delight you.

Please bring your FRS radios.

Now is the time to choose your driving style.

As usual we will have “Spirited”, “Moderate” and “Leaf Peeper”

For your drive leaders:
    Spirited
    Jays2K (Jay)-S2KCA NJ/NY Chapter Director- Great car control but not a chance taker.
    kgf3076 (Ken)- S2KI Member and Honorary S2KCA NJ/NY Member- Somewhat spirited. Will keep you entertained but not scared.

Moderate
    My_yella_s2k (Mike)- S2KCA NJ/NY Member- Car Control and a great sense of humor, after the drive you’ll feel like you've known him forever.

Leaf Peeper
    EricM (Eric)- S2KCA NJ/NY Member. A true leaf peeper and proud of it. If you really want to enjoy the view, Eric’s the one!

Clean-Up
    emg88 (Ed)-S2KCA NE Regional Director-Can drive this with his eyes closed. Knows this course backward and forward (he designed it).

Post your preference here!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.

where do i sign up?
    '00 Civic Si supercharged (stolen)
    '95 Civic hb turbocharged (sold)
    '03 Acura CL-S supercharged (sold
    )
    '06 S2000 NA (returned)
    '11 E92 turbo (returned
    )
    '14 F10

Become an S2KCA Member, the only NON-PROFIT S2000 Car Club

Comment

I'll be in the spirited ken group. thank you

Jonathan
      MY 00 #3510
      ]Mugen Airbox, Headers, Exhaust, Pressure Plate,LSD, Radiator cap NZ dampers, Thermo SW seat track and Thermostat. Sampco intake pipe and radiator hoses, Swift sway bars, Stillen rotors, BBS JDM Forged Wheels.w/ Potensa Re=01R's Nextgear Intake manifold gasket, SPA gauges, Alpine IDA-X001, KCE-350Bt BT adapter, Focal 165-K2P 6.25" Speakers, Phoenix Gold ZX475Ti, Recaro Profi SPG w/Sparco 6 pt harness

[/COLOR]

Comment

Post your preference here!!

You need to sign up for your own group..unless you wanna follow me :LOL:
        In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.

Comment

If I'm not leading - sign me up with Jay!

Comment

Spirited sounds like fun!

Is this drive scheduled for Sat the 25th?

I'll be headed for Mahwah Friday morning to mid day from B'Port CT up Black Rock Trnpke, across I84 west and down I87 is anyone interested in a caravan?

Mike

Comment

Yes Mike the Drive is on Sat. so what's your preference?

2005 Silverstone - Mods: Comptech exhaust, Comptech CAI, Comptech strut bar, Comptech rear tie bar, Rick's cross brace, Power Slot Cryo Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Head Rest speakers, XM radio, Volk RE30 w/RE01R, Work wheels VS-SS for looks!

Comment

I need dierection from the GW please.

Comment

PM sent Anthony!

2005 Silverstone - Mods: Comptech exhaust, Comptech CAI, Comptech strut bar, Comptech rear tie bar, Rick's cross brace, Power Slot Cryo Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Head Rest speakers, XM radio, Volk RE30 w/RE01R, Work wheels VS-SS for looks!

Comment

I'll take the spirited Jason drive. See you then!

Comment

I guess I'll pick the "Leaf Peeper" since this is my first time. I don't want to hold anyone up. Can we make a switch before the start?

Rick
                      Last edited by SlickRick2; 08-18-2007, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickRick2 View Post
                        I guess I'll pick the "Leaf Peeper" since this is my first time. I don't want to hold anyone up. Can we make a switch before the start?

Rick
                        Hey Rick. Would love to have you along with the "Leaf Peepers". I did a test drive today on the route. We can only hope for as nice weather next weekend. Not only was it not too hot, but the sky was absolutely clear and the visibility unlimited. Eric

Comment

Originally posted by EricM View Post
                          Hey Rick. Would love to have you along with the "Leaf Peepers". I did a test drive today on the route. We can only hope for as nice weather next weekend. Not only was it not too hot, but the sky was absolutely clear and the visibility unlimited. Eric
                          Hey Eric, Can't wait; yesterday was a beauty down here in South Jersey also. We'll keep hopin'..

Comment

Here's what I have at the moment:

Spirited
                            Drive Leader: kgf3076 (Ken)
                            sailor1533
                            trich1687
                            ralper
                            jukngene
                            desmo4

Spirited
                            Drive Leader: jays2k (Jay)
                            geras003
                            Grunts2k
                            8kgoodEnuff
                            S2KNJ
                            PawBear

Moderate
                            Drive Leader: my_yella_s2k (Mike)
                            goblues2k
                            starbrd
                            SSSnakeSSS
                            Emil St-Hilaire
                            Matt_In_VA
                            jasons2000

Leaf Peeper
                            Drive Leader: EricM (Eric)

trapper
                            SlickRick2
                            Ruined2

Sign up soon please or you will be assigned to a drive group at random.
                            Last edited by kgf3076; 08-22-2007, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Ken,

Will the random group be driving in random directions?

Comment

Originally posted by EricM View Post
                                Ken,

Will the random group be driving in random directions?
                                all directions at once, Eric...(chaos in the parking lot)

Comment

Both direction at the same time in 15 minute intervals!

Drives will start at 9:00 to 9:30am Sat.

Comment

Spirited for me, as always!

Comment

Working...
                                    X