Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas Spring Boston Mountains Tour BMT) Saturday, 24 March 2018

Dear Friends,

You are invited to join other S2000 owners and driving enthusiasts for the 23rd semi-annual S2000 Boston Mountains Tour!!!

This tour will cover some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwestwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

On Saturday, March 24th, all drivers will be given a tour packet that will have your group number, route with turn-by-turn directions, lunch and dinner maps (if applicable). The Arkansas Boston Mountains Tour is one of the best environments for you to fully enjoy what your sports car was made to do - TURN!

The BMT is a great social event and you will have the opportunity to meet great people from across multiple states. We look forward to seeing you there!

When:
    Saturday, March 24th, 2018

Time:
    Registration Opens at 7:30 a.m.
    Mandatory Drivers Meeting: 8:10 a.m.
    Tour Starts: 8:30 a.m.

Where:
    Clarion Inn & Suites
    2407 N Arkansas Ave
    Russellville, AR 72802
    479-968-4300

Hotel Booking Information:
    There are a block of double bed rooms set aside for us at a nightly rate of $79.99. When you call the hotel you will need to mention that you are with the Boston Mountains Tour to get the deal. There are only 15 rooms available as the hotel was already pretty well filled for the weekend, so if you aren't able to get in on the deal, there are a number of other close by hotels that have rooms available as well. We had to do something similar last year due to some maintenance work that was being done at the local power plant and it seemed to work out alright. We don't know what prompted the Clarion to be so full this time. So, get 'em while the gettin's good!

To register for this free all day event, go to: www.s2ki.com forums and scroll down and click on Ark-La-Tex region and find Spring BMT 2018. Note this event is limited to first 50 confirmed participants.

Hey Jerome how long have you been doing this drive? I think it mighi be a great event for a future S2KDays
    Last edited by Coop; 02-19-2018, 10:31 AM.
    Coop
    Life Member 57
    KE0BND
    What other people think of me, is none of my business
    It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Coop, This Spring BMT will be the 23rd one as the event is put on twice (early spring and late fall) per year. Last fall's BMT drew 63 cars from nine different states. In good weather, this area is overrun with motorcycles, and on the two lane mountain highways it is nearly impossible for a string of sports cars to get around a bunch of Harley riders. The sports car drivers are wanting to take the curves signed 30 mph at 60 mph and the Harley riders want to take them at 18 mph. So, I started scheduling the event during cool or colder weather which has worked very well. Most BMT events encounter very little traffic on the mountain roads. Spirited driving on mountain roads is not for timid drivers, so not all S2KDays entrants would want to participate in a BMT. However, if a S2KDays was scheduled in or near NW Arkansas, the BMT Staff could come up with a mini-BMT type AM or PM drive In the Arkansas Boston Mountains for the S2KCA members.

Comment

Thanks. I might need to come out next fall and visit
        Coop
        Life Member 57
        KE0BND
        What other people think of me, is none of my business
        It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Update: As of today there are only 10 spots (out of 50) left to be filled for the Spring BMT 2018 all-day spirited driving event scheduled Saturday, March 24th. As usual, the registration list is comprised of a mix of different brands of sports cars (starting with Mazda MX-5 and up to include a McLaren supercar.) The McLaren 570S will be leading one of the BMT's five tour groups on the excellent mountain roads in NW Arkansas.

Comment

The 23rd Arkansas Boston Mountains Tour will be held on Saturday, 24th March 2018. The weather forecast for BMT Saturday is for a sunny day. There are still a few slots available for this all-day spirited driving event that starts and ends this time in Russellville Arkansas. There is never a fee charged to participate in this amazing driving event with other sports car owners. If interested, check out the BMT invitation listing on "Upcoming Events Schedule" on this website.

Comment

The weather last Saturday for the Spring BMT event was perfect. We had five groups spaced about 15 minutes apart. Group 2 was lead by a McLaren 650S (640+ hp) super car, whom I chased after in my s/c 360 hp AP1. The McLaren would disappear ahead in an eye-blink from time-to-time only to be later rediscovered past a couple of curves more loafing along for the rest of us to catch up! My vote for the best looking car at this BMT would be for the deep blue supercharged Lotus Evora S, a really stunningly beautiful (and fast) sports car. No problems during this BMT, except for two cars which had minor brake caliper problems.
              Last edited by Jerome; 04-07-2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X