Dragon Run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Run?

Is the Fall Dragon run usually this crowded? (Trying to upload a photo)

We have near 50 attendees for the Fall event this year. I led both the Friday and Saturday drives.

Comment

That’s a good turnout. What size are the drive groups?

if the traffic on The Dragon is as bad as it is in this photo, no one is going very fast

Comment

We usually keep groups to 10 cars or less. If there are more then 10 we break them into spirited and somewhat less than spirited groups. The dragon can be busy depending on the day and time but there are plenty of pull-offs and most people on there know to pull off to let faster cars/bikes get by. The dragon is also only one of the cool roads in the area. We usually do more driving on other roads in the area.

Comment

I thought we looked cool when we filled the gravel lot with our s2000's. Check out this group

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
            I thought we looked cool when we filled the gravel lot with our s2000's.
            Post the DFR pic!

Comment

Until I can afford a special trip out to that area, I have to be content with The Devil’s Highway aka The Coronado Trail in Arizona.

Comment

Be content!!! That is a fantastic highway. I have driven it three times. Twice in the S2000 and once in a Maserati Gran Sport. The S2000 was far more fun!

Comment

Oh, the Devils Hwy is fantastic. I’ve done it Double twice now this year alone. Down and up. It’s well worth the trip. Scenery, elevation change, almost all curves. It has been a favorite road of mine for years.

the Dragon looks fun, yet it is only 11 miles long. The Devil is about 120 miles of constant fun. I’ve never seen traffic on the Devil as I see in that photo of the Dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                    Oh, the Devils Hwy is fantastic. I’ve done it Double twice now this year alone. Down and up. It’s well worth the trip. Scenery, elevation change, almost all curves. It has been a favorite road of mine for years.

the Dragon looks fun, yet it is only 11 miles long. The Devil is about 120 miles of constant fun. I’ve never seen traffic on the Devil as I see in that photo of the Dragon.
                    Stuffing 318 turns into 11 miles then adding Hardlys (not) affectionately known as organic speed bumps, tourists, and people who should never drive can make things a bit slow now and then. Anyone who has been there more than once does not drive the dragon on Saturday afternoon.
                    Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4 (King James version)
                    2 out of 3 is a pretty good record. Is December 3 for 3?

Comment

Topic moved to events forum.
                      S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                        I’ve never seen traffic on the Devil as I see in that photo of the Dragon.
                        That is not a picture of the Tail of the Dragon.

Comment

Working...
                        X