Black Hills Rally - September 19-23, 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Looter View Post
    This is without a doubt, one of the very best drives, the we have ever been on...Went to Jason’s S2K-Days there...and Sharon & I, with another couple went back 2 years ago and spent 2 weeks out there..Not a better drive anywhere...
    Absolutely breathtaking.....
    Whose S2KDay's my dear?

But yes, it is an amazing part of the country. I will also attest to the K bar S being a fantastic place to stay as well. It's fun to see George Washington's profile from the resort. Jason set up some fantastic routes the last two times we were out there, and they were an absolute blast to drive. I was a passenger both times and it was just so much fun. The country out there is gorgeous. And AZ2KDancer, yes, Devil's Tower is really cool. It is kind of a haul to get there. I would suggest a side trip on the shoulders to see it. It's cool to see rock climbers scrambling up the side.

I would really recommend this trip to anyone who is remotely thinking about it. This part of the country is gorgeous, the resort is just plain amazing, the drives are no doubt going to be incredible (Jason will NOT let you down there), and the events on the itinerary are fantastic. Sign yourselves up.
    This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by lacochino View Post

Whose S2KDay's my dear?

But yes, it is an amazing part of the country. I will also attest to the K bar S being a fantastic place to stay as well. It's fun to see George Washington's profile from the resort. Jason set up some fantastic routes the last two times we were out there, and they were an absolute blast to drive. I was a passenger both times and it was just so much fun. The country out there is gorgeous. And AZ2KDancer, yes, Devil's Tower is really cool. It is kind of a haul to get there. I would suggest a side trip on the shoulders to see it. It's cool to see rock climbers scrambling up the side.

I would really recommend this trip to anyone who is remotely thinking about it. This part of the country is gorgeous, the resort is just plain amazing, the drives are no doubt going to be incredible (Jason will NOT let you down there), and the events on the itinerary are fantastic. Sign yourselves up.
      Sure didn’t mean to leave you out my dear friend.. Sharon still wears the bracelet that you made for ALL the ladies...Outstanding event....
      MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

I'm sure hoping for the best outcome. I'll make plans. If 2021 is in a better shape than 2020, we have the S2KDays to look forward to in May, a dance convention in June and this trip in the Fall. I just could turn out to be a wonderful year. I sure hope so.

Comment

My fingers are crossed as well. Planning for the best, but prepared for the possibility of the worst. Our biggest concern is that we NOT be creating an environment that could kill people. It sounds weird that this must be a consideration (in the past, my fears have been preparing for mechanical issues or, god forbid, hail), but these are strange times and we simply have to adjust for it. New challenges call for new reactions and new strategies. But hopefully, all of our patience will pay off and all of this virus stuff will be in our rear view mirrors by then.

I'm also looking forward to this: some of us will have S2000 20th Anniversary travel tumblers for evenings of sipping by the fire, or wherever we end up hanging out. Woohoo!
          -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
          The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of. -Geri Weitzman

Comment

i wonder how whiskey tastes out of a travel mug? Sitting around the fire, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
              i wonder how whiskey tastes out of a travel mug? Sitting around the fire, of course!
              I guess we'll just have to find out.

I think the second round will taste better than the first. The third will be smooth as silk. The fourth will be phenomenal. The fifth will be a fifth.

-Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
              The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

Winter in downtown Deadwood, SD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C6C5DAEC-EDED-4F6C-9A2F-5C59727328CD.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1676688
                S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

^^ That's a pretty picture. Wouldn't want to be in my S2000 in that, but it's a pretty picture.

Any idea on the history of the place and why it is called Deadwood?
                  -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Simple answer... After dead trees found there by early settlers. (They didn't go for abstract meanings much back then.)
                    2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Here is a little more info on Deadwood.

Deadwood is a city in South Dakota known for its gold rush history. Mount Moriah Cemetery has the graves of Wild West figures like Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane. Exhibits at the Adams Museum include a huge gold nugget and a plesiosaur fossil. The 1892 Historic Adams House is a Victorianmansion with original features. South of town, the George S. Mickelson Trail leads through the Black Hills National Forest. ― Google
                      S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Comment

Ever since the TV series "Deadwood" I've wanted to visit the town. (Big Ian McShane fan!) It's on my "Bucket List".
                        Interesting bit of trivia...the Plesiosaur fossil is an aquatic dinosaur from the Jurassic Period some 250 to 60 million years ago a time when the mid west was under water.
                        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

I am glad to know that someone else liked the TV series Deadwood. I felt that it was very well done.

Comment

Iron Mountain is a peak in the Black Hills of South Dakota, notable for the fact that U.S. Route 16A was purposely built directly over its summit to provide scenic views of Mount Rushmore National Memorial.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3904FD32-532D-4B18-9C9D-E82FA4CA81A0.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	708.6 KB
ID:	1677240

Comment

I've got that same shot. What a beautiful park.
                              David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                              '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                              '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                              '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                              '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                              '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                              '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

I'm really looking forward to being able to safely travel again. When I'm finally allowed my turn for the vaccine, I'll get my shots and count the days to full efficacy and knowing I can responsibly get on the road. It can't come soon enough. (Note: yes, I know we still have to take precautions, wear masks, and remain vigilant even after getting vaccinated.)

Thanks for the reminder of the light at the end of the tunnel, Jason. I'm also glad we are still here to see that light. But I'm also sad that we have lost at least one member to the virus, though.
                                -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Rachel is checking out Bison in 1976. They are still there.
                                  Rachel Black Hills 1976
                                  S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                                    Rachel is checking out Bison in 1976. They are still there.
                                    Rachel Black Hills 1976
                                    Great post Bobby! I love the photo.

Comment

Wow! My dad was a car salesman back in the 70s. He brought home a Mustang II one night. I remember the back seats were (to this day) the most uncomfortable seats I have ever had the displeasure of sitting in! I could not get comfortable for even a trip down the street! I had to have been right around 10 years old, so not that big.

I have mentioned this trip to Laurie and she is interested. I have had my first shot of the vaccine (second one in a week or so) due to supporting critical hospital systems. She will have to wait until it becomes more generally available. I think we will hold off on reservations until things flesh out a bit more.

Comment

The first day of the event is highlighted by a visit to Wind Cave National Park, which is one of the oldest parks, established in 1903. The park has a rich history spanning countless ages.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7F6E9F28-28A1-4E01-B970-B4A3A4428D93.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	120.3 KB ID:	1677663
                                        Last edited by 4U2NV; 02-22-2021, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Every digit I have is crossed that this will all be able to go as planned. The efforts to stay safe are, at times, exhausting. I really want this trip to be able to happen. When they open the Canadian border, I think I'll be able to believe we are on our way to "you are now free to move about the country" status again and life resembling the pre-pandemic style.

I hope that it is safe for everyone to participate come September.
                                          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Working...
                                          X