Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoePhotographer View Post
    With regret. I will be pulling out...
    We completely understand how it is for you. We were very worried about you traveling to the Dragon just this past weekend where infection rates are fairly high and then to Black Hills just a few weeks later. It's important to limit exposure.

Be sure to keep wearing your mask and stay healthy.
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
    -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
    -Randy Pausch

Comment

• Here are the latest numbers in chart format for Covid-19 from Financial Times website based on the data from the Johns Hopkins CSSE. Things are far from over (no, the pandemic is not gone). I'm including the charts so that we can see the bigger picture and make informed decisions regarding traveling.

I will be in South Dakota in two weeks. I will be wearing a mask to protect myself and those around me. I will be maintaining recommended distancing in crowds and from anyone whose vaccination status is unknown to me. Praying it doesn't rain because I plan to eat my meals outdoors as much as possible.

This first chart is of reported cases per 100k people in the states listed. I included other states just for comparison. I also included historical information to hopefully put it all into perspective.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CovidCasesUpdate0905.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	1681770

This second chart is of reported deaths per 100k people in the states listed. As above, I included other states just for comparison. I also included historical information to hopefully put it all into perspective.

Name:	CovidDeathsUpdate0905.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	1681771
      -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

-Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
      -Randy Pausch

Comment

• The numbers might be concerning but far less so for the careful and the vaccinated. Have a great vacation!
        S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

• Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
          The numbers might be concerning but far less so for the careful and the vaccinated. Have a great vacation!
          Thanks, Bobby! We will miss you and Rachel but we will try to take lots of pictures on your behalf. There will be more adventures soon.

One of the things that concerns me is that even vaccinated people can still get the virus (no one ever said the vaccine would make one completely invulnerable, but some think it was supposed to) and they can carry it to others, particularly the unvaccinated. The vaccine teaches one's system how to fight the virus and not die from it. It doesn't completely stop one from catching the virus, though. Like wearing a seatbelt, it is not a guarantee of survival of all instances, but it's damn sight better than not. So even the vaccinated should still wear masks and remain vigilant since a lot of people have chosen to not get vaccinated. Now one might think, "Well that is their choice to refuse vaccination if they want to risk getting sick and/or die. Why inconvenience yourself with a mask because some other person chose not to take a precaution?" My answer to that is I am not going to help overwhelm the hospitals and healthcare workers who have to deal with this mess. I'm not going to be part of the reason someone's mother, sister, father, or brother is now gone and in the ground, and it's the living who have to deal with the loss, the funeral costs, and how to go on living without that person who was a vital part of their lives before Covid.

I am not living in fear. I'm living. And I plan to keep on living so I can keep on doing exactly what I'm doing now. And I'll wear a mask and continue precautions per CDC and the healthcare experts guidance until it is no longer needed. I hope that is sooner rather than later, but whatever the length of time isn't going to change my mind.
          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• Hey... don't forget that the flu still exists too. I'm heading in for my flu vaccination today. Easy-peasy online appointment scheduling and same day. You can get vaccinated at your local CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, or regular healthcare provider.

No one wants to get sick while traveling, so let's take a few precautions. It's cheap and easy.
            -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• Getting closer and closer...

Name:	20210909_184325.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	1681827

-Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210909_192321.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	1681829
                -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210909_185054.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	1681831
                  -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• I know it can get cold on a South Dakota September but Industrial Frost Scrapers are not required.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Frost scraper.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	1681837
                    Still wish we could go. The earliest the border opens would be on day three of your rally.
                    S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

I know it can get cold on a South Dakota September but Industrial Frost Scrapers are not required.
                      I knew some observant person would comment on that. Jason will have to explain what he was doing with that.

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                      Still wish we could go. The earliest the border opens would be on day three of your rally.
                      We will miss you two also. You are *already* missed. But there will be more opportunities soon. Not Black Hills again, but other awesome scenic places. Stay tuned!
                      -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

I know it can get cold on a South Dakota September but Industrial Frost Scrapers are not required.
                        My metal straight edge ruler is at the office and I needed to trim the name tags to fit in the badge holder. The multi-purpose joint knife to the rescue.

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                        I was really hoping that the border would open before this event. I’m sad that you and Rachel will not be able to join us in Keystone.
                        S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

• Bring a jacket and be prepared for changeable weather in both extremes temperature-wise.

Name:	Screenshot_20210912-095154_Chrome.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	1681881

Name:	Screenshot_20210912-095226_Chrome.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1681882
                          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• Should be able to put this to good use in the early mornings and evenings:

Name:	20200924_200942.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	1681885
                            -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
                              Getting closer and closer...

Name:	20210909_184325.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	1681827

7 days and counting...looking forward to my first S2Kca rally in epic SD.

Comment

• Judging by the planning that went in to it, you are going to have a great time.

Comment

• I sure hope that is how it works out.

We definitely do not phone-it-in or just wing it on this stuff. If we are going to do it, we are going to do it the best we can.
                                  -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• TracWrap has arrived. So there should be fewer rock chips and less worry about road debris damage on this trip. And clean up of the front bumper should be easier when we get to Keystone. Just peel off the bug guts and dirt.

Name:	20210913_130304.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	1681901
                                    -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                                      ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
                                      Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads /Axxis ULT Ceramic
                                      Speed Bleeder Products
                                      17" BBS RGR Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus
                                      So many roads, so little time

Comment

• I am very disappointed to say that we officially are having to cancel for this trip. Karen has had some medical issues that will not fully recover in time to make this journey. I hope that everyone who goes will have a great time. We will travel vicariously through your reports and photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                                          I am very disappointed to say that we officially are having to cancel for this trip. Karen has had some medical issues that will not fully recover in time to make this journey. I hope that everyone who goes will have a great time. We will travel vicariously through your reports and photos.
                                          The most important thing is to focus on helping Karen recover. That was a pretty bad scare you both just went through and I'm glad she is on the mend.

We will post pictures. I promise.
                                          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Working...
                                          X