Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Hills Rally 2021 event COUNTDOWN thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Hills Rally 2021 event COUNTDOWN thread.

This is just the countdown thread. We all need something to look forward to, what with the pandemic keeping most of us at home trying not to get sick or die, so with the infection rate numbers in most of the country looking very good now, it's time to start planning how we are finally going to break loose!

For me, it will be THE BLACK HILLS RALLY 2021! September 19-23. Keystone, SD. For details, see the facebook event (if you can find J.Hight, you can find the event info).

This thread is just for counting down. Feel free to post the occasional number. The only rule in this thread is that it must be a picture and it must somehow relate to the number of days remaining until the start of the event. So it might be a picture of a racecar with a number on it. Or a picture of a sign on the side of a building. Or a train locomotive with a 0-4-2 wheel configuration. Or it could be a PUN! It can be obvious, or it can be something that makes the viewer have to think a little and do some reading.

In case we get lost in the counting, you can always refer back to this countdown timer: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...ont=hand&csz=1
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
    -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
    -Randy Pausch

And to start it off...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ferrari156.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1678833
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

-Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
    -Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	E64957A8-0316-437F-B8B2-936E039AB511.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1678847
      S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Name:	ep154.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1678859
        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	D6155929-B499-4E98-AD17-4F5C0A8EB0CC.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1678887
          S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Comment

Name:	71VrPVzaHeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	1678894
            -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	4F36819D-3DE0-4EDD-BA34-05BC223F0731.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1678927

Comment

Name:	0004316890424_1_A1C1_1200.png
Views:	140
Size:	390.9 KB
ID:	1678941
                -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	8DB37BCC-F4E3-4675-8935-2D97955E8AE8.png
Views:	127
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1678974

Comment

Name:	148.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1678988
                    -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	D8C96F36-B6A0-423A-AE15-65848E28976B.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	1678997

Comment

Nicely done, Mr. Hight.
                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	Screenshot_20210426-104759_Chrome.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	477.0 KB
ID:	1679014
                          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	807C460E-802B-4100-ADE3-7041DCB67798.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1679033

Comment

Oh nice. And it's in an S2000 too. Very nice.
                              -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

First supersonic transport aircraft...

Name:	Tu-144.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1679047
                                -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	B6894D50-51AE-48A0-A337-326058B878BD.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1679083

Comment

Some days, the search for a meaningful count-down picture is easier than others. Today was a very easy one. I saw the picture and was drawn into the story. And I had to learn more.

This is "the 142 Magic Bus." It has a story. It's worth the rabbit hole journey.

Name:	magic-bus.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	558.9 KB
ID:	1679100

https://unusualplaces.org/the-stampe...142-magic-bus/
                                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_McCandless

Perhaps the final journey of the Magic Bus?

Name:	http___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_200619055118-01-alaska-into-the-wild-bus-removed-0618.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1679101
                                    -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	48808778-729A-420E-A41D-07FBA684F1EF.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	362.6 KB
ID:	1679123

Comment

Name:	IMG_0615.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1679153
                                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Working...
                                        X