Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gettysburg Get Together XI. The plague is past, no-cost version!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gettysburg Get Together XI. The plague is past, no-cost version!

It's time for the eleventh Gettysburg Get Together. Once again, on September 24-26th the North and the South will get together to visit this site of the largest battle of rthe Civil War. Come along and explore the battlefield with two of the most knowledgeable people I know and learn more about the people, the armies, the plotting and the horrible tragedy. Tickets are free and will be available starting July 15. You will be able to register by clicking the following link.
    Last edited by kgf3076; 06-03-2021, 12:54 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.

As of now we are planning on being there!
    David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
    '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
    '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
    '11 Ford Ranger Sport
    '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
    '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
    '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Ken - I am going to the Black Hills, after all. Want to see a new part of the country. Hope to be back at Gettysburg in 2022.

Comment

Sorry you can't make it Jim.
        David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
        '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post
          Sorry you can't make it Jim.
          Yeah... doing events in two successive weeks would put too much of a dent in my Leave balance for my Mexico trip in November.

Comment

Originally posted by JoePhotographer View Post
            Ken - I am going to the Black Hills, after all. Want to see a new part of the country. Hope to be back at Gettysburg in 2022.
            You are going to love this Jim..We did this same drive for S2K days..Jason & Melinda, put it on..Nothing short of fantastic..
            MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

They came from ALL walks of life…
              They came, to fight for what they believed in..
              They came, because it was the right thing to do..
              GODSPEED gentlemen…

Click image for larger version

Name:	88D8E8DB-92D0-4F32-8FCB-10DA67F960AB.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1680102

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Bronze smooth bore…
                General Lee’s favorite…

Click image for larger version  Name:	CAD21521-7B59-4A2A-AD8F-C4D72535B56C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.88 MB ID:	1680104

Comment

^^ Ready for a primer to let her rip!
                  David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
                  '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

^^ Ready for a primer to let her rip!
                    I have many David…as you know

Comment

Sunset from Little Round Top..

Name:	3A798546-2D72-440A-9E9B-E1CE875661FB.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1680183

Comment

Once again, from LRT….

Name:	31B2E446-1256-49AD-8B54-664F736A7CBC.jpeg
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	1680185

Comment

Sunset on the Pennsylvania Monument..

Name:	65A95E13-2AD2-4BE7-8E54-15E564F1BF7D.jpeg
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1680187

Comment

Is that a Confederate bomber I see way up there?
                            David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
                            '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

Is that a Confederate bomber I see way up there?

Name:	60CB6A29-2F23-49C7-AE46-4345C8D23ED8.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	1680201 Like this ????

Comment

HA!

Oh I wish I could go to this. Denny, I missed you and your beautiful bride at S2KDays.
                                This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by lacochino View Post
                                  HA!

Oh I wish I could go to this. Denny, I missed you and your beautiful bride at S2KDays.
                                  We sure missed you too..
                                  We missed the entire crew..but I couldn’t have done the cold windy temps, with this COPD …and…We are DONE with the MASKS…

Comment

Originally posted by Looter View Post

We sure missed you too..
                                    We missed the entire crew..but I couldn’t have done the cold windy temps, with this COPD …and…We are DONE with the MASKS…
                                    Missed you and Sharon and the temps actually weren't bad. A bit of rain was the only bad weather we had.
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post

Missed you and Sharon and the temps actually weren't bad. A bit of rain was the only bad weather we had.
                                      The rain all fell during the night, at the resort. We never drove in any rain, either during the event or by going north from Bellaire on our way home.
                                      S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019 | Bellaire, MI 2020/2021

Rose Mary
                                      Casselton, ND

Comment

Name:	B3D00058-9C7F-4CFD-B0E6-3AC893867792.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1680472

Comment

Working...
                                        X