Rock the Dragon 2022 - The Fun Never Stops Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoePhotographer View Post
    Looking forward to first BIG event of the year! The Summer tires are on and I'm ready to go!!
    Leaving Tuesday morning at 0500. Picking up one attendee at 0545, a second who's tailgunning at 0615.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marietta Memorial Meet - Marietta, OH - Always new adventures - The Rt. 26 Covered Bridge Run - June 3-5, 2022.
    Staunton Pop-up - Staunton, VA - Old friends, new friends and Rt. 250 -July 15- 17. 2022
    Dragon Fall Run - Deal's Gap, NC - The Dragon, the friends, the fun - Aug 25 to 28, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post

Leaving Tuesday morning at 0500. Picking up one attendee at 0545, a second who's tail gunning at 0615.
      I'm coming down with my Chapter. Wendy will be coming over late Wednesday night, so I'm foregoing the Montgomery Inn pre-Dragon dinner.

We'll leave from the Lakehouse on-time, so we can meet up with OKI. Her son is driving solo, as he works 3rd shift Wednesday. He'll meet us at Fontana Dam, after dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by JoePhotographer View Post

I'm coming down with my Chapter. Wendy will be coming over late Wednesday night, so I'm foregoing the Montgomery Inn pre-Dragon dinner.

We'll leave from the Lakehouse on-time, so we can meet up with OKI. Her son is driving solo, as he works 3rd shift Wednesday. He'll meet us at Fontana Dam, after dinner.
        Drive carefully and se you in Maryville.
        Marietta Memorial Meet - Marietta, OH - Always new adventures - The Rt. 26 Covered Bridge Run - June 3-5, 2022.
        Staunton Pop-up - Staunton, VA - Old friends, new friends and Rt. 250 -July 15- 17. 2022
        Dragon Fall Run - Deal's Gap, NC - The Dragon, the friends, the fun - Aug 25 to 28, 2002

Comment

2 Days...

Comment

See you guys tomorrow in Maryville.

Comment

One More Day to Rock the Dragon!

Comment

Today’s the day! Let’s go to Rock the Dragon 2022!

Comment

See you in Maryville this afternoon.

Comment

I'll start posting photos very soon. Received some from Tim S. and waiting for more to come.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rtd2022-3.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	1685145 Click image for larger version

Name:	rtd2022-1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	365.0 KB
ID:	1685146 Click image for larger version

Name:	rtd2022-2.jpg
Size:	378.6 KB
ID:	1685147 Click image for larger version

Name:	rtd2022-4.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	429.0 KB
ID:	1685148 Click image for larger version

Name:	rtd2022-7..jpg
Views:	23
Size:	453.8 KB
ID:	1685149 Click image for larger version

Name:	rtd2022-6.jpg
Size:	495.8 KB
ID:	1685150

A few pictures of the Saturday morning group drive across the Dragon. We start at Fontana Village Resort and end at the "Gravel" lot for the group picture. Then groups divide up for different drives to places in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post

Yeah Ken, where are the pictures?
                        Okay, Bobby, there's a start to the pix. We only had three Canadians this year but are hoping to have them all back for the Fall event.

Comment

And another one. The Saturday morning group drive across the Dragon.

Name:	RtD2022 Rollout.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1685160

Comment

A different view of the line up for the Saturday morning group drive. This is the "Gravel Lot" just past mile-marker 11 on the Dragon. As you can see, it's no longer gravel. A lot of group pictures get taken here and so, we do it as well.

Name:	RtD2022 Gravel Lot.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	1685174

Comment

Nice pictures.

Thanks to jeallen, utens2k and gens2k for posting them on S2KI.
                              S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

OPP, how can I explain it I'll take you frame by frame it
                                To have y'all jumpin' shall we singin' it
                                O is for Other, P is for People scratchin' temple
                                The last P... well... that's not that simple
                                It's sorta like another 1000 word composition
                                It's 4 little letters that are missin' here
                                You get 'em on occassion when you take 'em
                                As a game 'n it seems I gotta start to explainin'
                                Busted.

You down with OPP (Yeah you know he), you down with OPP (Yeah you know he)

Other
                                People's
                                P I C S

Nice pics. It's cool to see what other organizations are doing!

(Heavily modified lyrics originally sung by Naughty By Nature.)
                                -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:
                                The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble. -Me

Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of. -Geri Weitzman

Life is far too short to spend it sitting around hoping fun things and Adventures will find you. Go look for them! Or better yet, create them yourself. If you don't, one day you'll wake up and find that the window of opportunity has passed and it's too late. -Also Me

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                                  Nice pictures.

Thanks to jeallen, utens2k and gens2k for posting them on S2KI.
                                  Yep, because I don't do pictures. (and you probably don't know John or Leslie but that's okay. Oh, you should give creds to Aaron as well because I'll post his drone footage)

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
                                    Nice pics. It's cool to see what other organizations are doing!
                                    I'll be looking forward to your NE group photos. I'm interested in seeing if you drive the same roads I drove a couple of years ago,

Comment

-Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:
                                      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble. -Me

Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of. -Geri Weitzman

Life is far too short to spend it sitting around hoping fun things and Adventures will find you. Go look for them! Or better yet, create them yourself. If you don't, one day you'll wake up and find that the window of opportunity has passed and it's too late. -Also Me

Comment

Another group drive photo. Thanks John.

Name:	RtD2022 gravel lot 2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	1685200

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
                                          Yep, you'll be giggling on most of the roads. They're not the PCH but can be quite challenging to beginners. Best of luck on your drive.

Comment

Working...
                                          X