Marietta Memorial Meet 2023 - Marietta, OH June 2-4, 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marietta Memorial Meet 2023 - Marietta, OH June 2-4, 2023

This is a not an official S2KCA event but is open to everyone who would like to drive some great roads, eat some great food and hang out with some great people.

You've been here before; you know how great it is seeing old friends and making new ones. It's happening again this year from June 2 to June 4 at the Hampton Inn.
    Below is hotel and event information to help you plan your weekend at MMM2023. All the usual fun events, the great drive (Rt. 555, the Triple Nickel), the great food (Buckley House, here we come), all the great people. Registration is open at: mmm2023.eventbrite.com. What a great way to start a new year.

The Marietta Memorial Meet is a weekend to share memories of friends who no longer get to hang out and drive great curvy roads.The Tentative Itinerary and all the information you need to join everyone at the Marietta Memorial Meet 2023 is below:

The Hotel: Hampton Inn Marietta
    508 Pike Street
    Marietta, OH
    Group Code HM2
    Rate: $109/night
    Reservations: (740) 373-5353

The Drive:

The roads of southern Ohio are full of twisties and just perfect for the S2000. The drive starts with the run up Rt. 555 ("The Triple Nickle") to get you warmed up and ready for the lunch at Eaglesticks Golf Club. Route 555 is a spectacular rollercoaster of a road and you'll see it from a new perspective. After lunch, it's a drive back down some new roads to Marietta. The drive takes about 4 hours. If you like to have fun behind the wheel, you won't be disappointed.

The Tentative Itinerary:

Friday: 6:00 pm - Dinner at Austyn's: Not really a formal part of the MMM, but it seems to have become a tradition. We'll meet in the hotel lobby at 5:45 pm for the drive to the restaurant. Good food is even better with great company.

Saturday: 10:00 am - The Rt. 555 Run. Come along on Route 555 to lunch at EagleSticks Golf Club in Zanesville, OH. Relax, check the scenery, maybe hang out on the patio for a bit and then get ready for the return drive down some new roads. You will arrive at the Hampton Inn in plenty of time to get ready for the Saturday night dinner.

Saturday 6:00 pm - Buckley House for Dinner. An amazing restaurant with generous portions, a large selection of great food and an amazing wine list. We'll meet in the lobby at 5:30 pm for the drive to the restaurant. Make sure you bring your appetite. Small plates are what they're known for and great South Carolina inspired "Low Country" cooking.

Sunday: The day for loading the car, looking back on all the fun you've had, the great conversations, the new friends you've made and then heading home. I hope you've enjoyed yourself and that we'll see you for MMM 2024 - The Rt. 26 Drive. Until then, please drive carefully on your way home and I'm really glad you came.

This is a not an official S2KCA event but is open to everyone who would like to drive some great roads, eat some great food and hang out with some great people.

All events subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. (c) Copyright 2018 - 2023 - The Double Dragon Group LLC
    ​
    Last edited by Coop; 01-10-2023, 10:13 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 Apex Blue Pearl CR - Grover
    003 Suzuka Blue Pearl AP-1 - Grovette
    1944 Sunburned, windblown grey hair - Owner

Registered…
    MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Registered. Reserved hotel room under my Military rate, so I can open up another room for another attendee.

Comment

Looking for a different photographer (not me!) to take photos at the event. Please let us know if you are able to fulfil that need.

Comment

Originally posted by JoePhotographer View Post
          Registered. Reserved hotel room under my Military rate, so I can open up another room for another attendee.
          That's not a problem. As usual, I have an expandable block so there are as many rooms as required.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 Apex Blue Pearl CR - Grover
          003 Suzuka Blue Pearl AP-1 - Grovette
          1944 Sunburned, windblown grey hair - Owner

Comment

Working...
          X