Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 134,000 miles
    2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 37,000 miles

Comment

• Originally posted by jukngene View Post

Thanks. Cortana is gone!
      You're welcome!

Comment

• I wish I had Cortana on something right now so I could kill her. Might feel good.
        -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
        California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
        https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

Comment

• Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
          I wish I had Cortana on something right now so I could kill her. Might feel good.
          Happy Hour was good! Had you been here, I' m sure the Sapphire and tonic would have made you feel better!
          Gene

Comment

• Perhaps. Thanks, Dad.
            -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

If you had a ten inch pole, you wouldn't need the little blue pills.
              I was just re-reading this thread, and this post reminded me of a song:

Gene

Comment

• Hahaha! I hadn't heard that version (likely the original), but I've heard the Aerosmith version.

That music just makes me want to go out dancing. Sadly, too many guys don't know how to partner dance (swing, waltz, salsa, etc... social ballroom) so I frequently find myself sitting, tapping my feet, and wishing. I don't take it ultra-serious; it's just fun.

Dated a guy once who was very into dance and who said I should compete. He even took me to watch a competition. It's a funny story which I won't relate here, but it just cemented my feeling that no, that wasn't my path; dancing should be fun, and competing would make it cease to be fun for me.

Partner social dancing is a lot like driving a car on a canyon road. There is a general protocol and a non-verbal communication that makes two completely separate individuals interact and move together. The two react to each other's input and feedback to navigate about the room in an enjoyable fashion. And so long as neither of you totally screws up, nobody gets hurt. Lol! And when you both know what you are doing and can read each other well, it's absolutely wonderful.

It's difficult to convey the awesomeness of it in print. It's something one just has to feel.
                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

• Ever two-step in Texas? No competition, eh?

It's more like a NASCAR race, everyone is making left turns and trading paint.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                  2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                  Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• Yes, I know two step. It's a variation of Foxtrot but with beer. Some dance it with a funny position that keeps the lady at arm's length. While this makes certain dance moves impossible, it does protect the lady from getting stepped on by a less than surefooted partner's boots.

When in a country dance bar, I generally prefer a waltz or cha-cha most days. And I'm a total sucker for West Coast swing (natch), but a crazy Cotton-Eyed Joe can be fun.

Yes, turning left is called following line of dance. Lol. No, we don't run a staggered set up to do it either.
                    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

• Btw, if you're trading a lot of paint, it's usually a sign that the gentleman lacks situational awareness and is not that great of a dancer. A good dancer never leads his partner into a collision or the kind of proximity which might get her injured.
                      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Hahaha! I hadn't heard that version (likely the original), but I've heard the Aerosmith version.

That music just makes me want to go out dancing. Sadly, too many guys don't know how to partner dance (swing, waltz, salsa, etc... social ballroom) so I frequently find myself sitting, tapping my feet, and wishing. I don't take it ultra-serious; it's just fun.

Dated a guy once who was very into dance and who said I should compete. He even took me to watch a competition. It's a funny story which I won't relate here, but it just cemented my feeling that no, that wasn't my path; dancing should be fun, and competing would make it cease to be fun for me.

Partner social dancing is a lot like driving a car on a canyon road. There is a general protocol and a non-verbal communication that makes two completely separate individuals interact and move together. The two react to each other's input and feedback to navigate about the room in an enjoyable fashion. And so long as neither of you totally screws up, nobody gets hurt. Lol! And when you both know what you are doing and can read each other well, it's absolutely wonderful.

It's difficult to convey the awesomeness of it in print. It's something one just has to feel.
                        You're right, Aerosmith covered it in '79, I think. I really enjoy listening to this kind of music, but as for dancing, I have 2 left feet! And if you love West Coast Swing, you should search for Carolina Shag (currently spotlighted on XM13,)
                        Gene

Comment

Btw, if you're trading a lot of paint, it's usually a sign that the gentleman lacks situational awareness and is not that great of a dancer. A good dancer never leads his partner into a collision or the kind of proximity which might get her injured.
                          I never claimed to be a good dancer, but thanks for pointing out the reasons for my disliking it.

sigpic
                          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post

I never claimed to be a good dancer, but thanks for pointing out the reasons for my disliking it.
                            You lack situational awareness and tend to do damage to your would-be ride?
                            -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

• Not so much lack of situational awareness. I can see when I'm going to be run over. It's more like putting a road racer on a NASCAR track for the first time. Basic car control is the same, but finding the line and knowing when to turn in is critical to staying clear of faster drivers. It should also be noted that the trophies weren't worth the expense of all the new gear I had to acquire.

sigpic

Comment

• Dancing doesn't require a lot of gear. Just some smooth soled shoes and a desire to have some fun. The lessons can get steep, depending on how you go about it.
                                *************************************************
                                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Working...
                                X