RMurphy's Random Rambling Ruminations Redux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stuka View Post
    Fokker...Stuka...just noticed kind of an interesting coincidence there. Got a story behind your screen name (other than the obvious)?
    Huh....maybe I'll change my username to Messerschmitt. Dad used to have one back in the day, so there is some connection. It burned up in a hangar fire in 1970, but I still have the prop spinner.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post

Hopefully not for long!
      True. Time flies and we all die at some point.

Okay, enough of that. I'm sure sometime very soon you will be able to escape away to your quiet oasis in the middle of nowhere , drop off the grid (well, 'cept for that airBnB account), rent out your yurt to people seeking a disconnect for awhile , and live happily ever after.
      -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
      California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
      https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
        Huh....maybe I'll change my username to Messerschmitt. Dad used to have one back in the day, so there is some connection. It burned up in a hangar fire in 1970, but I still have the prop spinner.
        Considering your current screen name wouldn't V2 be more appropriate than Messerschmitt. Or how about Vergeltungswaffe? That just rolls of the tongue nicely.
        But seriously how cool would it be to have damn near any WW2 fighter, let alone a Messerschmitt? Damn shame about the fire.
        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

You know it was a bunch of years ago when I was in San Antonio, so I may be out of date with my reviews of the food. When I was there the river walk was a series of local Mexican restaurants and dives not the glamorous palisade it is now. Hard to believe the food degenerated over the years, certainty not in the homes of the mothers of the girls I dated when I was there.
          Fokker...Stuka...just noticed kind of an interesting coincidence there. Got a story behind your screen name (other than the obvious)?
          It stems from a character "Roy Fokker," which was in a show called "Robotech" that was an Americanization of 3 different Japanese animes into a single series. I've been using it since the mid-90's.

http://robotech.wikia.com/wiki/Roy_Fokker

310?cb=20150713154939.png

Comment

• Cool, I get it! Sometimes you hear something and somehow it just sounds right to you. Doesn't hurt that its a fast machine.
            There's a double meaning to mine. The Stuka was a German dive bomber with a siren that served no purpose other than to scream as the plane was on a power dive to deliver it's bomb. Our cars scream similarly when approaching redline.
            The other meaning is pretty basic. Try pronouncing the website S2kca as though it were a word, you get Stuka.
            2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Cool, I get it! Sometimes you hear something and somehow it just sounds right to you. Doesn't hurt that its a fast machine.
              There's a double meaning to mine. The Stuka was a German dive bomber with a siren that served no purpose other than to scream as the plane was on a power dive to deliver it's bomb. Our cars scream similarly when approaching redline.
              The other meaning is pretty basic. Try pronouncing the website S2kca as though it were a word, you get Stuka.
              Nice. I meant to add, I am not saying it's bad food in San Antonio; you can find plenty of places in Texas that serve good food that they call "Mexican," but it fits more under the Tex-Mex header. The more authentic Mexican food can be found throughout New Mexico, Arizona, and Southern California.

Comment

Considering your current screen name wouldn't V2 be more appropriate than Messerschmitt. Or how about Vergeltungswaffe? That just rolls of the tongue nicely.
                But seriously how cool would it be to have damn near any WW2 fighter, let alone a Messerschmitt? Damn shame about the fire.
                I must admit that it wasn't a fighter (Me-109). Dad had a Bf-108, which was a 4-place civilian plane that worked as a staff/liaison plane for various higher-ranking officials. To lower it a notch further, his plane was actually a Nord 1002 manufactured under license in France after the war. It did, however, see "combat" in several war movies: 12 O'clock HIgh, Von Ryan's Express, The Longest Day, among others.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Working...
                X