No announcement yet.

What to buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. Do we get to see it at Gettysburg?
    Coop
    Life Member 57
    KE0BND
    What other people think of me, is none of my business
    It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Its red so I like it.
      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
        Very nice. Do we get to see it at Gettysburg?
        Sorry, Gettysburg isn't on our plans this year. Bucket list though.

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
          Its red so I like it.
          I thought about you when I bought it. I was hoping to find something in Pearl Blue but Speedracer Red works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post

Sorry, Gettysburg isn't on our plans this year. Bucket list though.
            too bad, it will be a really good event, you will be missed
            Coop
            Life Member 57
            KE0BND

Comment

Maybe we can see it for the polar bear drive.
              2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

Very pretty. You will have to let us have a look at it one of these times when you head to Fargo. We can call it a mini Northern Lights Chapter get-together.
                S2K Days Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016

Rose Mary
                Casselton, ND

Comment

Its got all seasons, and a SNOW setting on the drive mode, which makes it full time awd........ready for winter already!
                  Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Nice.
                    Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
                    After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Very nice indeed! Definitely a cool ride!
                      Last edited by Rocketman; 11-09-2018, 09:48 AM.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Thanks Guys! It's a nice car and i'm enjoying the AWD with the fresh snow outside.

Some of you may remember my post last month on renting a 5 Litre Mustang convertible. The Mustang definitely beats the Lexus on acceleration AND ironically on fuel consumption despite being a larger car.

Lexus has a 6 speed auto propelled by a 300HP V6, while Mustang had a 10 speed auto with a much bigger engine. Ford has managed to wring out over 25 MPG US from the 5 Litre while the best I have done so far is 23 MPG US. That being said the general rule of thumb is you loose about 2 MPG with AWD.

Warmer temperatures and more driving may well improve the Lexus mileage but I am really surprised with the Ford. I still remember the days when a 302 engine got about 11 MPG.

They are still two different cars but I was totally impressed with the Mustang, it's impressive acceleration and the deep rumble of the exhaust. Despite the cost, it's the rental of choice from now on.

Comment

I think Toyota and Lexus are behind the curve on transmission, a car like yours should easily have an 8 or 10 speed in it. I did read a story that Toyota plans to revamp their engines and transmissions and plans to have 8 or 10 speeds in most of there vehicles by 2022-23 to meet with up coming fuel mileage requirements.
                          https://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/pow.../transmission/

The new SLC300 has a 9 speed compared to my SLK350 with a 7 speed and the performance number are very close and better MPG with 60HP less. Jim S1997 New Jeep Wrangler with an 8 speed did around 18mpg pulling a trailer on our Arctic Ocean trip. Transmission can make a big difference

You have beautiful car and I do like the color a little, there are different shades of red that just fit some cars. I think speed race would say red fits all cars.
                          Last edited by Coop; 11-11-2018, 10:15 AM.
                          Coop
                          Life Member 57
                          KE0BND

Comment

Red fits all cars!
                            Last edited by speedracer; 11-12-2018, 10:14 AM. Reason: Cars not cats

Comment

Red fits all cats!
                              Meow!
                              images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLQafmQzzEbEBgigGXKBXVDCPLcBi2y6RHkrVWXg9ZHlyaw9RD.jpg

Comment

Red fits all cats!
                                Haven’t seen too many red cats
                                Coop
                                Life Member 57
                                KE0BND

Comment

Cars not cats. Nobody said anything about cats.

Comment

See everything looks good in red. Just think of that poor girl wearing a grey outfit. Blah.

Comment

Now back to your new car. It is very nice. Enjoy it and have some fun.

Comment

Working...
                                      X