Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The S2KCA clock. What is the history on it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The S2KCA clock. What is the history on it?

So I understand it is a tradition that the S2KCA clock gets transferred to the next year's organizer for S2KDays every year, but I don't know how or when this tradition came about.

Can someone fill in the details?

Here is a picture of the clock (note that the time has stopped: just be because S2KDays has begun! ).

20180630_233628.jpg
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
    https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

It's a really nice clock too!
    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

WOW! That's a blast from the past.

It was made by one of Dave's (XViper) good friends for him and he brought it with him to S2Kdays in Atlanta (2013). He wanted it to be give out as as a kind of other award besides VOY for the person that helped people on the forum.

I received it the first year and sent it back, honestly I don't know if it's been given out again since then.

OEM front lip, OEM rear spoiler, OEM MY08 wheels, I think I am an OEM guy.

Comment

Originally posted by mlc View Post
        WOW! That's a blast from the past.

It was made by one of Dave's (XViper) good friends for him and he brought it with him to S2Kdays in Atlanta (2013). He wanted it to be give out as as a kind of other award besides VOY for the person that helped people on the forum.

I received it the first year and sent it back, honestly I don't know if it's been given out again since then.
        Interesting. Thanks! I'll have to ask Dave about it. He's here. So much going on!
        -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

For those interested in the story behind the beautiful clock, here is Dave Ko talking about it on video at S2KDays 2018 SoCal.

For those averse to watching video, here are the Cliff Notes: it was commissioned by Dave and built by his good friend Norman who was a very talented woodworker. Dave then gave it to the Club for the Board of Directors to use as some sort of annual gift to recognize members for whatever the Board saw fit to recognize the member for. What ended up happening is it became like a torch which is passed on each year by the organizers of S2KDays to be a visual reminder of time (ticking away) counting down to the event. It was passed on to Jason and me in Fredericksburg and it lived proudly on a shelf in Jason's home for the past year (because the last thing I need in my place is yet another clock to remind me that I'm RUNNGL8). The clock has since made its way east in the care of Gene Strupe to be delivered to Ken and Denny for the S2KDays 2019 Gettysburg event.

https://youtu.be/HVVsNEIAyLI?t=35m14s

For those interested in the amusing hand-off of the clock to Jason and me in Fredericksburg, you can watch it here:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfQg....be&t=1h13m28s
          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

That clock was in my house for a year as well. .... So many memories!

Comment

I had that thing looking at me for a year. It just sits in your den looking at you reminding you every waking moment that you are not doing enough to get ready for S2K days. Tick Tick TIck. Just looks at you day after day. Looking at you. What have you done today tick tick tick. What did you forget tick tick tick. What is going to happen if nobody shows up tick tick tick. What have you forgotten tick tick tick. Why did you make that decision tick tick tick. The hotel is not filling up tick tick tick.

THen it happens, everyone has a good time. You pass it on.

2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
              Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
              Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                I had that thing looking at me for a year. It just sits in your den looking at you reminding you every waking moment that you are not doing enough to get ready for S2K days. Tick Tick TIck. Just looks at you day after day. Looking at you. What have you done today tick tick tick. What did you forget tick tick tick. What is going to happen if nobody shows up tick tick tick. What have you forgotten tick tick tick. Why did you make that decision tick tick tick....
                Yes, I feel really bad that we turned it over with a depleted battery to the next organizers. Really, we should have made sure it was fully functional and ticking away with gusto like it was when you gave it to us!
                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Yes, I feel really bad that we turned it over with a depleted battery to the next organizers. Really, we should have made sure it was fully functional and ticking away with gusto like it was when you gave it to us!
                  Which reminds me, I need to get the battery replaced. I will make a note to do that tomorrow!
                  Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 134,000 miles
                  2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 37,000 miles

Comment

Tick Tick Tick!
                    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

I think we need a new badge for the club membership. I have had the clock with a picture of the clock.
                      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                        I think we need a new badge for the club membership. I have had the clock with a picture of the clock.
                        I suppose you could ask Jason to create a signature line graphic.
                        -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

And no, we do NOT need any more membership type badges. Those already take up way too much of the vertical space as it is. If you have more than one, they scroll on forever and turn the page into this long, drawn out thing. If anything, we need more streamlined badges.
                          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

The clock was actually broken when I received it.. As an engineer, I would not let that stand! Glad to hear it was still ticking. The reminder every time I went to the mancave for a beer was a little disconcerting, I agree with speedracer.

Comment

Originally posted by jukngene View Post
                              Which reminds me, I need to get the battery replaced. I will make a note to do that tomorrow!
                              Good! You're now officially the keeper of the clock and an honorary member of the S2KDays Gettysburg planning group. You'll get your membership card and official hanky any day now.

Upcoming events:

Spring Fling 2019 - May 31-June 2, 2019 - Shamokin Dam, PA - We're doing it again! Registration will open December 01, 2018

Rock the Dragon 2019 - May 9-12, 2019.See you at the Dragon. Registration opens December 15, 2018.

Tomcatt 14 - June 14-16, 2019. Marietta, OH - Rt 26! Rt 555, Some of the best roads in the US. Registration is FREE Register HERE!

Great people, great times, great car.
                              2003 Suzuka Blue #302 "Grovette"
                              2008 ABP CR #400 of 699 "Grover"

C. H. Douglas

Comment

Working...
                              X