Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The S2KCA clock. What is the history on it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just visited a jeweler who replaced the battery, and refused to accept any money for it! That sure doesn't happen very much.
    Here it is, ticking away:

Clock.jpg
    Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 134,000 miles
    2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 37,000 miles

Comment

Nicely done, Gene! And while it looks very handsome on your shelf there, I think you deserve significantly MORE than just an honorary title for the role if you end up being custodian of the clock.

You, sir, are a good man!
      -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
      California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
      https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Originally posted by pezjunki View Post
        The reminder every time I went to the mancave for a beer was a little disconcerting, I agree with speedracer.
        Actually, it looked very at home on Jason's shelf. So much so that when I see that shelf now, it looks rather empty, and I am cognizant of the device's absence.

And I know it will never come to SoCal again.

Unless I do something crazy like get involved in planning an S2KDays that is located outside of SoCal.

And ya know... that could happen. It could totally happen. I ain't dead yet, so anything is possible.

S2KDays - Return to Zion. (sans Cyrus; though he be Great, he had but only one Cylinder, and we require four)

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Originally posted by jukngene View Post
          Just visited a jeweler who replaced the battery, and refused to accept any money for it! That sure doesn't happen very much.

Clock.jpg
          Well done. Now see if you can talk that jeweler into a Rolex to give away at S2KDays Gettysburg.
          Upcoming events:

Dragon Fall Run 2018 - September 12-16 at the Dragon. Register HERE!

Gettysburg Get Together IX - September 28-30. Gettysburg, PA Registration IS Open. You can register HERE!.
          All presented by: The Double Dragon Group, LLC

"There is nothing in this world more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
          Martin Luther King
          2003 Suzuka Blue #302 "Grovette"
          2008 ABP CR #400 of 699 "Grover"

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

S2KDays - Return to Zion. (sans Cyrus; though he be Great, he had but only one Cylinder, and we require four)

S2KDays Lake Tahoe?

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
            2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
            Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
              S2KDays Lake Tahoe?
              Maybe. Anything is possible. But possible ≠ likely. Tahoe can be pretty overrun with tourists and that can make for some less than favorable driving conditions. And they do a lot of pavement repair work during the good weather season which makes the area even more of a hassle from fresh tar/slurry, gravel, and just plain stop and go (or stop and stop).

I'm open to suggestions, of course. The only worry I have is that it would appear that everywhere I like for drives tends to have a freaking wildfire or a mudslide shortly after I go scout it and post that I'm seriously interested in putting together a drive there.

, right? Jinx or something.

So I dunno. Besides, wasn't Tahoe (or Reno?) done and then done again a bit back in the day? Before my time, but I seem to have heard a bunch about that area and it being a point of contention... something about a Sac2KDays or something. And yeah, soooooo not wanting to dredge up whatever that was. I had a hard enough time trying to explain to people that S2KDays SoCal was not another HondaHomecoming parking lot meet, NOT another "megameet" (whatever that was), and not the giant Huntington Beach cruise-in ClusterFack that resulted in multiple S2000s driving into each other in 5mph traffic because they weren't paying attention to the actual driving. So I kind of want to avoid places that have been "done" before. That could be challenging.
              -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Originally posted by jukngene View Post

Clock.jpg
                tick tick tick tick.

Thanks for taking care of it.
                2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
                  So I dunno. Besides, wasn't Tahoe (or Reno?) done and then done again a bit back in the day? Before my time, but I seem to have heard a bunch about that area and it being a point of contention... something about a Sac2KDays or something. And yeah, soooooo not wanting to dredge up whatever that was.
                  You are talking about SacS2KDays of which I was involved in #2-#6. It was BY FAR (I can't make that big enough) my favorite weekend of the year. I looked forward to that weekend more than Christmas and my birthday combined. I miss it terribly every June. It was a three day event where day 1 was a meet, day 2 was a GREAT drive through the mountains from Sacramento to Reno and party at the Grand Sierra Resort and day three was a drive back to Sacramento through the mountains.
                  Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
                  After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post

You are talking about SacS2KDays of which I was involved in #2-#6.
                    Nope. I don't think that is what I was talking about. The event that someone was mentioning to me caused some sort of serious blowback and a HUGE falling out amongst a lot of people and much bad blood, as it was described to me. Doesn't sound at all like what you are talking about above with the huge font.
                    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

BTW, if you miss it so much (I mean, Christmas *and* your birthday combined?!), why don't you revive it? You aren't that far away that it couldn't be done. Something so loved sounds like the kind of thing you don't let die.
                      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

I’ve driven from Sacramento to Tahoe and back again for ski trips and on a cross-country from from New York City to Sacramento. Those are Heavenly Roads. I’d love to be up there again with the S the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                          S2KDays Lake Tahoe?
                          S2KDays Sedona
                          S2KDays Flagstaff
                          S2KDays Devil's Highway

I could definitely see those.

But Utah... just keeps seeming like a good idea. Zion, Bryce, Grand Staircase... those places seem to keep calling to me. Just not in July or August.
                          Last edited by R.Murphy; 08-07-2018, 11:21 PM.
                          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Working...
                          X