Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RMurphy's Random Rambling Ruminations -- Gimme a Fifth (or pleading the 5th)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So not chill.
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
    https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Thought I'd move this discussion over here cuz it's fun.

It's been a lot of years since I watched the movie though. It had a very profound impact at the time. Some movies just hit ya that way, ya know? I'm told A Clockwork Orange is one of those kinds of movies (if it helps to make an analogy of things you just can't unsee or forget).
      I like movies that kinda hit ya. They make a deep impression and if they're well-made besides the offensive scenes, they can be excellent movies: Taken, Silence of the Lambs, Full Metal Jacket, Braveheart, A Clockwork Orange, Saw, The Martian, and many that are far more provocative and gruesome. Its art. The best-known works of art in many genres are provocative by nature. That's why people pay money to buy/see them. In cinema, its LOTS of money. Ask your neighbors.

If you haven't seen A Clockwork Orange, you might think about it. There are many offensive scenes, so be prepared to cover your eyes. Its a Kubrick movie, after all.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

A Clockwork Orange sound track, one of our favourites. The original cassette melted on the dash so I pulled the tape out and placed it in another cassette case only to eventually replace it with a CD.
        It's interesting how, when listening you expect the next song to come along and it's different than the one in your head. The CD has the songs placed in a different order.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
          It's interesting how, when listening you expect the next song to come along and it's different than the one in your head. The CD has the songs placed in a different order.
          Oh, I know! I've found that my MP3 player doesn't play in the same order as the CD I ripped the songs from if the name of the file doesn't include the track # at the beginning (this assumes I've put each CD/album in a separate folder). And it's so crazy to be expecting a particular song and something else plays. I have this problem when I play some of the old Bruce Springsteen albums I used to wear out on the crappy old cassette player in my first car. Pretty sure I covered every road in the state of NJ while listening to Bruce. Or at least it felt like it.
          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Baby you were born to run!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
            2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
            Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

And Ready to Run too, à la the Dixie Chicks.
              -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

At The Petersen now. My favorite museum.

Went to an all Ladies Car Meet this morning. So much fun! In the immortal words of Randy Newman: I love LA!

20180909_105337.jpg
                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

I like to see the young ones getting trained properly.

Comment

Beautiful car.

20180909_145451.jpg

Wait... what's that?

20180909_145507.jpg

Oh... bummer.

20180909_145248.jpg

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

20180909_150314.jpg
                      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

I like the red car.
                        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                        Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                        Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Them: Yeah I clicked some things on my computer and some pop ups said I needed to install these updates, so I did. Now my machine is having me re-enter a lot of info that used to be saved.

Me: *stifles sobs while banging head against wall*

These are the folks who say they don't need antivirus because "Macs don't get viruses."
                          This is why I got out of that business. (banging head on wall - pain feels familiar?). Now, I just look for the Chinese trying to get into my network.

Love your IT Support person today - overworked and underpaid.

And the Geeks are to inherit the Earth??

Comment

I have been inFILTERated.

20181013_144836.jpg
                            -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Two of those aren't for the S2000. They are for my daily. My daily desperately needs the engine compartment cleaned. It's pretty filthy. On contrast, my S engine compartment is quite clean.

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Installed a new alternator in the S2000 last week. Nice to no longer have a flickering dashboard. And it's good to know the new battery is getting properly charged up.

Next project: lip, splitter, front plate.
                                *************************************************
                                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

*************************************************

Comment

Working...
                                X