Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 S2KCA Wall Calendar - a great holiday gift!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 S2KCA Wall Calendar - a great holiday gift!

TLDR:
    email your pics and notes to s2kca2019calendar@gmail.com
    Deadline to submit photos: Friday November 16, 2018

Just like last year, I am going to use the Shutterfly interface to design a 2019 wall calendar for S2KCA. This is a member-created item. Anyone can order it directly from Shutterfly for their own personal use once it has been created. There will be no middle man and the cost without any discounts is usually $25 plus shipping. The particular size calendar chosen is Shutterfly's least expensive and they frequently offer a freebie special or significant discounts if you time ordering it just right. (size: on your wall, it's 11x17)

Please submit images for the calendar and the best 12 to 30 will be selected to build the calendar using shutterfly's templates. Pictures can be cars and/or people. S2KCA is about the people who own the cars and their connections to each other, not *just* the cars. The pictures don't have to be model-perfect either (but high res and a sharp image is preferred). The point of this calendar would be to reflect your memories of the past year with the club. My vision of this is more collage-like with up to as many as three images on the picture pages (the top portion of the calendar), if we have enough images to support that. So for instance maybe May might feature an event from the SF Bay group and maybe they have a group picture of the cars that arrived and maybe a group picture of attendees at some scenic spot or something like that. People smiling, making memories. The caption below could identify the event and list who is pictured.

So, please look through your collection of images and find ones you would like to see in a calendar. Email them to s2kca2019calendar@gmail.com. Include notes on whose car(s) is in the image, who the people in the pics are, dates, and names of the events where the photos were taken. Years from now, having those names and details will really mean a lot to some folks.

Don't have any pictures to submit, but want to help us choose some? Remember that there are images from the S2KDays 2018 SoCal event in the S2KDays picture thread here on the site you can peruse those for selections you would like to see used even if you personally don't have any pictures to send us. Hopefully what is there is high res enough; if not, we can ask the owner to send it along if it's available. https://www.s2kca.com/forum/s2kdays/...s-photo-thread

20181030_173317.jpg
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

"You can't improve yourself by trying to hurt someone else. Many have tried, but it always fails."

And the award for quickest submitted pic to the email account goes to.... Gene Strupe!
    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

"You can't improve yourself by trying to hurt someone else. Many have tried, but it always fails."

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
      And the award for quickest submitted pic to the email account goes to.... Gene Strupe!
      Only because if I didn't do it now, it would completely slip my mind. I am king of the procrastinators, you know!
      Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 134,000 miles
      2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 37,000 miles

Comment

Bah! Take the award and be happy.
        -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Just sent you a handful from events on the East Coast this year. Ignore my first email.

Comment

June and July can be S2KDays. Between you and me, we have tons of pictures that we uploaded for the banquet.

Comment

Let me get my travel photos down from Facebook and I'll send you the stuff from my trip to S2KDays

Comment

My contributions.
                Attached Files
                Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
                After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

s2kca2019calendar@gmail.com

Folks.... I very much appreciate the enthusiasm, but please email what you want me to use. I really kind of want everything in one place as much as possible.

This really is no small task and if I have to hopscotch around to several different threads and locations to get pics gathered up, it makes it difficult.

s2kca2019calendar@gmail.com
                  -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Here's the link address from my previous post in the other calendar thread.

https://www.s2kca.com/filedata/fetch?id=1661384

Comment

Here is one from joephotographer that he posted in the same thread.

https://www.s2kca.com/filedata/fetch?photoid=1661396

Comment

I'm going to start doing work on this project this coming weekend, so for those who have not yet, be sure to get your pics emailed in early. Deadline to email is Nov 16, but the earlier you get them in the better.
                        -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

I think the calendar this year, particularly the S2KDays 2018 photos, will end up meaning a lot to me, for sure. For those who haven't heard, due to the unprecedented drought conditions, this state has experienced a lot of wildfires lately. There are several fires burning across the state, but right now Malibu is currently burning. The entire city of Malibu is under evacuation orders. So far, I understand that the western town at Paramount Ranch where we stopped during the Malibu Drive has been destroyed. Many homes on the lake at Malibu Lake have been destroyed and Cornell Corner (where we went to the winery on the day after S2KDays) has been evacuated. I have no word about the historic Rock Store at the bottom of the Snake on Mulholland Highway yet, but it is not promising at all. Thankfully, so far there are no reported casualties.

Thousand Oaks, which is also involved in the Woolsey Fire, has really had a terrible time of it in the past few days. Generally considered by everyone to be an incredibly safe area, the mass shooting at Borderline country bar and dance hall has shocked and devastated everyone in the county. Now their homes are burning. It's difficult to watch.

Capture.JPG

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

That's incredibly sad. Every fire is significant but having been there in Malibu and Thousand Oaks makes this one all the more real.

On the first S2Kday drive I remember seeing melted aluminium roadside mile markers caused by the fires in Los Padres National Forest. It's hard to believe such devastation.

Comment

^ I agree. At least we attendees got to see these before they were destroyed. This, along with the senseless killing, are incredibly heartbreaking. ​​​
                              Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 134,000 miles
                              2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 37,000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                                On the first S2Kday drive I remember seeing melted aluminium roadside mile markers caused by the fires in Los Padres National Forest. It's hard to believe such devastation.
                                Yeah, many areas are *still* recovering from last year's fires. Several of the metal guardrails along the Ojai drive were partially down because the vertical supports for those were wood which was burned in that fire. Repairs are still underway.

So many structures have been lost in this current fire though. It's sad.

And that is not to mention what is happening up in NorCal right now too. They are getting hammered up there as well. I saw something on the news last night where they were saying one of the fires up there was growing at a rate of about 80 football fields per minute. I can't even wrap my head around that.
                                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

A few people I know have sent me links to various updates by local residents in Malibu. So far it appears that The Rock Store is still standing, Cornell Winery and The Old Place appear to be okay, but many homes near there are heavily damaged or gone. No word on the status of The Snake overlook, the Malibu Winery, or Calamigos Ranch.

The video footage here is unreal. A bridge on Mulholland Highway has literally MELTED. We drove over that bridge during our Malibu drive. It's right next to the Cornell Winery and Old Place. Ironically, located near Careful Drive. https://twitter.com/KrisAnkarlo/stat...54488897699842

And this is a direct update from The Rock Store...
                                  https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...10947318921614
                                  -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
                                    I think the calendar this year, particularly the S2KDays 2018 photos, will end up meaning a lot to me, for sure. For those who haven't heard, due to the unprecedented drought conditions, this state has experienced a lot of wildfires lately. There are several fires burning across the state, but right now Malibu is currently burning. The entire city of Malibu is under evacuation orders. So far, I understand that the western town at Paramount Ranch where we stopped during the Malibu Drive has been destroyed. Many homes on the lake at Malibu Lake have been destroyed and Cornell Corner (where we went to the winery on the day after S2KDays) has been evacuated. I have no word about the historic Rock Store at the bottom of the Snake on Mulholland Highway yet, but it is not promising at all. Thankfully, so far there are no reported casualties.

Thousand Oaks, which is also involved in the Woolsey Fire, has really had a terrible time of it in the past few days. Generally considered by everyone to be an incredibly safe area, the mass shooting at Borderline country bar and dance hall has shocked and devastated everyone in the county. Now their homes are burning. It's difficult to watch.

Capture.JPG
                                    I'll email you all the photos I have from our visit. Feel free to use them for the calendar in any fashion.

The bar was at our gas fill-up point, just 3 exits from S2KDays.

Comment

Hey all! Calendar is ready. I'm starting a new thread with order info in just a few minutes. That thread will get updated with the latest discount codes that I can find for Shutterfly. There is a discount available today (code: SAVENOW) and you can get the calendar for 50% off... until 11:59PM Pacific time Nov 25. Also, always check Groupon or other similar discount apps since they also offer some great Shutterfly offers for the 8x11 calendar (and that is the size I made this one). I just saw one for $4.99!
                                      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Working...
                                      X