S2KDays gone by...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2KDays gone by...

One thing that I do enjoy about Facebook is the site's Memories function. About this time of year, it starts to fill up with posts from S2KDays I have been to. The pictures and memories are fun. They really encapsulate what drew me to this Club in the first place.

I remember when S2KCA's national events first fully came into my awareness. I think it must have been 2012. I remember looking at pictures of Mt. Rushmore with the S2000 groups that toured there and seeing info about the next event being planned for Golden, Colorado. I remember thinking that Colorado would be a great trip, but a little bit far on my own, especially considering I didn't really know anyone in the group particularly well. It wasn't in the cards for me that year.

When I read that Hood River was the 2014 location and I read that it would be 3 days of great drives, I was hooked. I had to go. A reason to drive the coast again between LA and Portland (well, Tillamook, really) was something I couldn't pass up. That it would include some great guided tour drives in Oregon and Washington with other S2000 owners, sounded pretty damn cool! And it was.

Since then, I've been to three more S2KDays and had the opportunity to give back by co-organizing one of them. Events like these are the things that inspire. I've gotten to meet a lot of amazing people through these events. I've also tried local cuisine and enjoyed seeing the parts of regions which make them unique and interesting.

So many roads; so little time.

Anyway, here are some screenshots for attention.

Screenshot_20190726-100655_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190726-100631_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190726-100913_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190726-100828_Facebook.jpg

-Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

​"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy." ~Abraham Lincoln, 1864
    ​​​​​​
    Quote of the Month:

In response to What time is... Will there be... Are we... How do we...

"RTFP!"
    -Gene Strupe

Oh those poor fish.....they were so HUNGRY!!!!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

We got ours in the fall of 2003. I kept watching the boards on this club and S2KI. I hadn't figured out how to show all NEW posts and was just monitoring the Prairie Redliners and Midwest forums. Those forums were stagnant and there was no news of any drives. It wasn't till someone cross posted a 2006 drive in Seattle that we made the trip and joined 30 other S2K's on a drive to Leavenworth.

Somehoiw I figured out how to see all new posts and the news of drives outside my region became available. Now we read all new posts and have driven for days in the S to be with others in the group. It ticks me off that we missed Las Vegas and Breckenridge S2KDAYS, not to mention others that I can't remember.

If you are hosting an event, think about cross posting. You might get some Canadian who hasn't yet figured out the board.

Comment

I picked up my S in April of 2010. It wasn’t until later that year or the beginning of 2011 that I discovered S2KCA, S2000.com, and S2KI. I was reading about all these fantastic drives while I was bouncing between jobs about every 9 months to a year, with 2-4 months between jobs at that time. As I saw my financial statement falling over the next 7-8 years, I could only dream about travel and extended drives. An S2kDays trip felt like it might not ever happen
        Fortunes changed for the better, slowly and I was absolutely thrilled the see S2KDays in So Cal, my home area. It was pure heaven for me to be able to attend that one.
        I had an absolute pleasure at meeting fellow club members over the course of the event, and driving roads in long familiar areas.
        While it did not work out this year, I look forward to the next opportunity. My memories of S2KDays 2018 are a dream trip come true.

Comment

Who has owned their car the longest or owned an s2k continuiosly. Who has gone to the most s2k days.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
            It wasn't till someone cross posted a 2006 drive in Seattle that we made the trip and joined 30 other S2K's on a drive to Levenworth.
            We were on that drive!
            Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
            After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Originally posted by 001s2k View Post
              Who has owned their car the longest or owned an s2k continuiosly.
              I know I have not had mine the longest, but I am the original owner of a 2002.

Who has gone to the most s2k days.
              RoseMary and Fred have been to them all.
              Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
              After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Who has owned their car the longest or owned an s2k continuiosly.
                Who has gone to the most s2k days.
                Fred and Rose Mary have been to every S2KDays. (Rose Mary, your signature line is feeling neglected; it's missing 2017 and 2018.)

If they aren't the Club members with the longest ownership of the same S2000, I would be very surprised.
                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

​"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy." ~Abraham Lincoln, 1864
                ​​​​​​
                Quote of the Month:

"RTFP!"
                -Gene Strupe

Comment

Is the club doing anything for the 20th anniversary of the car

Comment

Party at Alan's place!

woohoo!

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

​​​​​​
                    Quote of the Month:

"RTFP!"
                    -Gene Strupe

Comment

Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post

We were on that drive!
                      Indeed! We met XVIPER & Co.in Calgary and convoyed (is that a word) to Seattle. It was organized by VTECMOM and RATGIRL. Boy that was a while ago.

Comment

Who has owned their car the longest or owned an s2k continuiosly. Who has gone to the most s2k days.
                        I bought mine in September of 1999 and she's been with me since then. We're coming up on our twentieth anniversary next month.
                        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Not quite that long ordered-in November 2002 and delivered late March 2003 after a January build
                          sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

We picked up our Berlina Black 2000 MY S2000 in February 2000 and have owned it ever since, with just under 110,000 miles on it, although I think there are a couple of other members who got their S's earlier and still have them. Fred and I are the only members who have been to every S2KDays since the inaugural event in Asheville, NC in April 2001.
                            S2K Days Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016

Rose Mary
                            Casselton, ND

Comment

Working...
                            X