20th Anniversary. What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be clear:
    There is absolutely nothing being planned by anyone within S2KCA in any way, shape, manner or form. Homecoming 4 (like 1, 2, and 3 before it in 2007, 2010, and 2015) is being organized by one person named Michael Trinh. He is not affiliated with S2KCA in any way.

No one is asking anyone to change anything with S2KDays. No one is limiting anything. No one has said anything at all about costs, scope, feel, pitch or even yaw of any S2KDays proposals.

David mentioned something about "pitching" something which I presume (but do not know) that he meant requesting funding specifically for supporting 20th anniversary related paraphernalia, and he suggested this might be impacted by HC4 (I don't happen to agree, but there is nothing wrong with him mentioning it). Mark then asked if anyone else was going to HC4. I commented "it MIGHT be unwise to plan anything within 2 weeks either side of HC."

I personally do NOT feel it is plausible for S2KCA to do anything in conjunction with, connected with, in parallel with, or even vaguely in the vicinity of HC4 due to the nature of how it is organized. HC4 is its own entity and the organizer insists on total secrecy regarding the event to an extreme level. I am not exaggerating when I say he treats it like Fight Club (first rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club). Attendees are warned (in bold print, bright red, all caps font) not to share any info or they will be banned from the event. No one but he is allowed to talk about it and only through special channels. Trying to arrange anything around that would present extreme difficulties.

HC4 will be like its predecessors. It will be held in September. It will be at Honda HQ. It will likely have about 250 S2000s in attendance from all over the country. The tickets will probably cost between $40 and $80 per person depending on which level one chooses to buy.

To reiterate:
    HC4 has nothing to do with S2KCA. Our choices regarding anything we do as a Club do not hinge on that event, are not related to it, and need not in any way be impacted at all by anything having to do with it. And nothing "underhanded" is going on. I started a conversation in an attempt to answer a question about what to do to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the S2000. I did not focus on an event. I suggested several different ideas of things (mostly collectible *items*) and asked for people to offer additional ideas.

Please, let's get back to discussing ideas about how to commemorate and celebrate the S2000 anniversary.

-Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

September quote of the month:
    Expecting everyone to ​"live by the golden rule" sounds great, until it occurs to you: clearly you haven't considered that there is a very large portion of the population which is into B&D and S&M.

​​​​​Overheard at SW Tour 2019:
    "Okay, Gene. You eat your nuts; I got the wheel."

Comment

Thanks, Roseanne. I agree that no one has made any plans in secret or otherwise. Comments, thoughts, questions and discussion are all welcome. Assumption is not.

Comment

I only mentioned HC due to the possibility that if Honda donates to that they may not have the budget to donate to us. Most corporation have a set budget and when the money is committed there is no more to go around. As the old saying goes 'The early bird gets the worm'.
        David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
        '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
        '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
        '11 Ford Ranger Sport
        '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
        '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
        '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

There is also the option of some sort of poster appropriate to whatever theme we feel is best for what we are celebrating.

acd-poster-2019.jpg
          images (6).jpeg

copy-of-auto-show.jpg

Fallbrook-2018-Poster.png

-Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
          California Dreamin'

September quote of the month:
          Expecting everyone to ​"live by the golden rule" sounds great, until it occurs to you: clearly you haven't considered that there is a very large portion of the population which is into B&D and S&M.

​​​​​Overheard at SW Tour 2019:
          "Okay, Gene. You eat your nuts; I got the wheel."

Comment

I like the poster idea. Thanks for all the work you're putting into this. Maybe a poster with the evolution of the S2000 from the S600 onward or Honda advertising dealership S2000 posters (were there specific dealership posters dedicated to the S2000)?
            Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4 (King James version)

Comment

Working...
            X