Interest Poll: Club 20th Anniversary Merchandise Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest Poll: Club 20th Anniversary Merchandise Ideas

In another thread, we discussed ideas of potential 20th Anniversary S2KCA paraphernalia/collectible merchandise since it will be the Club's 20th Anniversary in 2021 (time sure does fly!). That lead me to think it might be helpful to have an Interest poll to see if it makes sense to put effort into such a project and, if so, what types of items would be of most interest to the Club. You can read some of the discussion and see some pictures of similar items that other clubs or organizations have done in that thread. https://www.s2kca.com/forum/public-f...ry-what-to-do/

Whatever we decide on, I suggest it would have an S2KCA 20th Anniversary theme and appropriate art/logo/engraving designating it as a Club anniversary item.

There are many options available to us, but the sooner those options are narrowed down, the sooner we can start working on designs and best methods of distribution. So please give some feedback for what kinds of items would fit best into your life.

Choose one or more that you like, or feel free to add your own suggestions in the thread.

Hat (baseball cap)
    30.00%
    Polo Shirt
    45.00%
    Fleece Throw Blanket
    10.00%
    Etched Whiskey Glass
    30.00%
    Jacket/Windbreaker/Fleece
    25.00%
    Poster/Wall Art
    30.00%
    Coin
    15.00%
    Memory Book (20 years of S2KDays Events)
    55.00%
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Most definitely...the “Memory Book”....
    MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Perhaps the cooler, as well.

Comment

Here are some ideas that I have been working on for a while. The posters will not be able to be finished until the next two S2KDays events are announced and the logos created. The other items can be produced in advance.

Baseball Cap
        S2KCA-20thAnniversaryBaseballCap.png

Polo Shirt
        S2KCA-20thAnniversaryPolo.png

Whisky Glass
        S2KCA-20thAnniversaryWhiskyGlass.jpg

Poster - Option 1
        S2KCA-20thAnniversaryPoster-1.png

Poster - Option 2
        S2KCA-20thAnniversaryPoster-2.png
        S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Jesus Mary and Joseph! (As my Irish Grandmother would have said!) That's some nice work, Jason. I knew you had a poster you were playing around with, but the rest... well, that's a surprise.
          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
          The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

Poster option #2, defeintiely. I'd tone down the size on the polo and hat. Check out the polos at this years S2KDays that we normally rock for Gettysburg (basic, but a good base to go from).

Comment

While the overall logo size on the polo could perhaps be adjusted some, I do like that it stands out as being the 20th Anniversary and doesn't look too much like other car polos with just lettering and no image.
              -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I'm glad there is no law saying we can't create multiple items.

I like both poster designs.

The first design is more classic. I could see it on the wall of my office or even my living room.

The second design is one I now realize is based on a theme that's been discussed several times. I know it came up when the photo memory book for Fred & Rose Mary was created. I thought it would make for a nice fleece blanket at the time. To me it feels more approachable and the idea is that it wraps the user in the memories. As a poster though, I almost feel it needs a little something. Not sure exactly what, but something. It feels like it's 95% finished.

The etched whiskey glass... I'm always amazed how a classically trained professional graphic designer can throw a mock-up together on short notice and make it look great once they have a standard logo created. I figure you must have found a stock whiskey glass photo and put the polo/hat logo on it. Nice.

The production of the posters as designed, as you have mentioned, would have to wait until the announcement of the 2021 location, which could possibly be as late as September of 2020. I'm not sure how that otherwise impacts production or distribution potential, but it's something to be aware of. I don't see it as a major stumbling block for the posters, though.

This same situation as above also applies to the design of any memory book, but more so. It can be about 90% designed, but the last pages would need to be left blank for 2020 art and photos. And unless we wait until after 2021 S2KDays (to get photos) for the book to go to production, we would have to find a creative solution for the 2021 art/images. Waiting until after 2021 S2KDays potentially means no book ready to print until almost 2022. I guess that just means we get to celebrate longer. I'm okay with planning ahead (actually, I strongly favor it). Just something to consider.
                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Nice work there Jason! I'll raise my whiskey glass and give you a toast!

I agree that poster #2 needs some finishing, but it's a cool idea. Background? Borders? Resize the logos to fill white space? Dunno, but it's definitely got potential.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                  2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                  Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by joephotographer View Post
                    Poster option #2, defeintiely. I'd tone down the size on the polo and hat. Check out the polos at this years S2KDays that we normally rock for Gettysburg (basic, but a good base to go from).
                    The hat and polo shirt clipart are just showing the concept. I have intentionally oversized the 20th Anniversary logo so everyone can better see the design. If we get enough interest, I will create detailed mockups of the merchandise listed for sale.

I also agree with the comments on Poster #2. It needs a little more work to be perfected.
                    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                      If we get enough interest, I will create detailed mockups of the merchandise listed for sale.
                      Agreed that none of what has been suggested here is a certainty. This is an interest poll, pure and simple. It's open to ideas, designs, suggestions, etc.

If Club members express enough interest, then this should go on a Board agenda to work out logistics. If it's what the Club members want, isn't against any laws, and those who are prepared to facilitate it can do so, then I see no reason for it not to happen.

Emphasis on the part about >> if the Club members express enough interest. <<
                      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Originally posted by fredh5062 View Post
                        Perhaps the cooler, as well.
                        I love the coolers, but I wonder how appropriate they are as a 20th Anniversary keepsake item.
                        -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

The cooler is one of my favorite items from the 2018 S2KDays. I think it is entirely appropriate for the 20th Anniversary as well, with the new logo to be developed.

Comment

The Memory Book goes hand in hand with the Whiskey Glass! Just sayin'
                            2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Hmm. Yeah, it kind of does.

Btw, the book would be similar quality as the SoCal S2KDays one, if the same supplier is used. There may be other vendors to look at too.
                              -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I would definitely be interested in the polo shirt, even a button-down short or long-sleeved shirt, and the whiskey glass or a set of four. Personally, I have too much artwork as it is to put up on my walls, so a poster is really not on my priority list. If I get to build a second garage, or move to the house of my dreams, then I would have room to hang another poster. And a memory book, yes, please.

Comment

Really looking forward to getting more replies, input, and participation in the poll about potential Club Anniversary items.

It is exciting to think about what future we can create as we celebrate 20+ years of our past. Time sure does fly by.
                                  -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I love the idea of a memory book as well. As long as there aren't just two people in charge of it.
                                    This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Jason, on the hat, I think it'd be cool to have the club logo the large focal point and the 20 years be like a badge. After all, it's hard to recognize the logo when it's that small, and that's much of the point of having branded items. Just my $.02…

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the logo design for S2KDays 2020 in Traverse City, MI.

Comment

Working...
                                        X