Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 S2KCA Wall Calendar -- Time to submit pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 S2KCA Wall Calendar -- Time to submit pics!

TL;DR:
    EMAIL your pics and notes to [email protected]
    Deadline to submit photos: Monday November 25, 2019

MUST BE YOUR PICS, OR YOU MUST IDENTIFY WHO THE PHOTOGRAPHER IS AND HOW WE CAN CONTACT THEM TO GET PERMISSION TO USE!

Just like last year (and the year before that), I am going to use the Shutterfly interface to design a 2020 wall calendar for S2KCA. This is a member-created item. Anyone can order it directly from Shutterfly for their own personal use once it has been created. There will be no middle man and the cost without any discounts is usually about $25 plus shipping. The particular size calendar chosen is Shutterfly's least expensive and they frequently offer a freebie special or significant discounts if you time ordering it just right. (size: on your wall, it's 11x17)

Please submit images for the calendar and the best 12 to 30 will be selected to build the calendar using shutterfly's templates. Pictures can be cars and/or people. S2KCA is about the people who own the cars and their connections to each other, not *just* the cars. The pictures don't have to be model-perfect either (but high res and a sharp image is preferred). The point of this calendar would be to reflect your memories of the past year with the club. My vision of this is more collage-like with up to as many as three images on the picture pages (the top portion of the calendar), if we have enough images to support that. So for instance maybe May might feature an event from the SF Bay group and maybe they have a group picture of the cars that arrived and maybe a group picture of attendees at some scenic spot or something like that. People smiling, making memories. The caption below could identify the event and list who is pictured.

So, please look through your collection of images and find ones you would like to see in a calendar. Email them to [email protected]. Include notes on whose car(s) is in the image, who the people in the pics are, dates, and names of the events where the photos were taken. Years from now, having those names and details will really mean a lot to some folks.

Don't have any pictures to submit, but want to help us choose some? Remember that there are images from the S2KDays 2019 event in the S2KDays picture thread here on the site you can peruse those for selections you would like to see used even if you personally don't have any pictures to send us. Hopefully what is there is high res enough; if not, we can ask the owner to send it along if it's available. https://www.s2kca.com/forum/event-fo...019-gettysburg

Have a local S2KCA chapter event you would like to see on that calendar? Let us know when it is and we will include it. Email it. Same deadline as above.

Info like:
    Friday, September 21
    S2KCA-LA; Beer Bash!

or

Saturday, September 22
    S2KCA-LA; Hang-Over Drive!
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Received some really nice ones. Keep 'em comin' folks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	steve.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1669276
    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

Are you going to utilize the pics from S2KDays that Jason asked us upload to Google?

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
        Received some really nice ones. Keep 'em comin' folks!

Name:	steve.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1669276
        That is so sweet! Of course Suzuka Blue is the best color. . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by joephotographer View Post
          Are you going to utilize the pics from S2KDays that Jason asked us upload to Google?

If people don't send their favorite photos, then I will pull from any sources made publicly available for sharing via the S2KCA forum or known sources where permission for this type of use is implied. That includes RobM's shared google folder and Jason's dropbox folder. I already contacted RobM with a heads up that I may ask for higher resolution versions of pics he specifically took.

HOWEVER, if there are any pictures you took which you particularly like and would want anyone who looks at their calendar every day to also enjoy, you might want to pull that image and email it. If no one else contributes, then I end up having to go hunting and pick what *I* think is best from various known sources. I try very hard to find pictures which represent every part of the Club, but I'm not perfect. I know that some people who choose not to participate sometimes later get upset that the end result only reflects the perceived limited input of the people spending all the hours creating the particular item or project. I am not saying you would do that; I'm just gently reminding folks.

If you email a picture (or several), I will make every effort to make it fit in the layout. I can't guarantee every image will get used, but I always try.

TL;DR Send pics or suck it.

Last edited by R.Murphy; 11-08-2019, 12:34 PM. Reason: Formatting.
          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Do they have to be pics at club events or just have s2000s in them, most of my pics are from dragon trips. I will do some looking in a few days. I'm in the middle of going thru 20,000 photos to setup a digital picture frame for my dad and it's taking me forever.............

Comment

More great pics have been emailed in! Share your recent favorites and help us create another year of memories.

Name:	MacRostieRESIZE.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	1669288
              -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
                Do they have to be pics at club events or just have s2000s in them, most of my pics are from dragon trips. I will do some looking in a few days. I'm in the middle of going thru 20,000 photos to setup a digital picture frame for my dad and it's taking me forever.............
                That is the definition of a labor of love right there!

If you send me a gorgeous photo of your car with some incredible fall foliage in the background and sunlight glistening off every curve, do I care where you took it? No. You are a Club member sharing with me your love of your car and the joy it has brought you. I'm thrilled about that.

As far as event pictures go, I kind of want to keep it to Club events simply because there are only twelve 11x8 inch size pages available for pics and I want to focus on the Club as much as possible.
                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
                  More great pics have been emailed in! Share your recent favorites and help us create another year of memories.

Name:	MacRostieRESIZE.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	1669288
                  That is so sweet! Of course Red is the best color. . . . .

That was my attempt at humor. It is a really great picture though and the car color happens to really work well.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post

That is so sweet! Of course Red is the best color. . . . .

That was my attempt at humor. It is a really great picture though and the car color happens to really work well.
                    There is an even sweeter backstory of the shared adventures this car has created between its owner and his son (seen seated happily in the passenger seat here). This car, aka "Little Red," is a very special red car.
                    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Been receiving a lot of really great pictures! Thank you, everyone. A lot of them are perfect just as is, but I may be in touch to arrange getting higher res of some that have been sent.

I really appreciate how everyone is pitching in and sharing their photos for this. Having a good selection really helps make the final product turn out to be the best we can build!

Keep sending if there are photos you want to share!

Special shout out to Bob Kidd, Bob Mick, Denny, Jim Patterson, Steve, Lee, and Mark. And of course thank you to everyone who took photos at S2KDays and shared them in the Google Drive and Drop Box folders.

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	1669334
                      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Working...
                      X