Does your S have a name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your S have a name?

Most of my cars have had names. I had a 1979 Chevy Camaro that had a faulty factory paint job, her name was "Chip". I haven't had a name for my S come to me yet.

If your car has a name, what is it? And what brought you to that name?
    This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

As a matter of fact... the '08 Apex Blue Pearl CR is Grover because when my wife (who's a big Sesame Street fan) saw it she said the car was the same color as Grover. Ergo, Grover joined the family. When I picked up the '03 Suzuka, it became Grovette, because you can't have two cars with the same name.
    If you spend all of your time looking back at the past, you'll never see the future.

Comment

Most of my cars growing up had names, but over the last few, i'd stopped naming them. However, when I bought the 07 Berlina, to replace the 05 Berlina, I named it The Black Widow.

Comment

Ours do and They usually related to something for example the Mitsubishi was called ( Betty) WW2 history buffs can figure that out.
        S2000 (Archie) based on licence plate ARCY
        Fiat 124 (Ashely) no reason other than Fiat 500 Abarth was (Abbey) Abbey the Abarth
        BRZ (Storm) Joanne’s first one was killed in a big flood so she named the new one Storm
        Sprite (Arnold) named by previous owner so it stuck.
        sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

My S2000 is Lola (as in...Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets) not the Kinks song!
          My daily driver/beater Camry I simply call "The Taxi" or "The Tank"
          My 4th gen Camero convert was named Yvette (get it?)
          All the rest of the 20 odd cars I've owned have gone nameless with the exception of my '59 pale green Lark... Gertrude. (She was a bit of a tank herself with big chrome bumpers!)
          Oh yeah...I forgot, I used to call the MGA "The Money Pit" but it was far from endearment!
          2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Just a thought Lacochino, since your Camaro was Chip, how about Dale for the S? (As in over hill and dale)!
            2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

I have named all of my vehicles since high school. That would be 23 vehicles. Too many to go through, however the important one is known by some people here.. the S2000 is called Stiletto just like is says in my avatar.
              Attached Files
              Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
              After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Mine is Preciousss, as in the One to Rule Them All. She was and is the first new car I have ever owned. Probably always will be.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

My '04 was Vader. My '05 was Vader II. My Z (current car) is Blade.

Comment

^I remember Vader.
                    Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
                    After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tony bell.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	1671568

Comment

I have not given my car a name . Ms speed racer calls it something but it’s not nice ......
                        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                        Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                        Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

My first car was know as Royota Coroda. We just called it Roy. It was a 71 Toyota Corolla which tended to puke out oil and exhibited a high rate of corrosion on most of its body parts which I battled bravely using cans of k mart appliance white paint.
                          2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                            I have not given my car a name . Ms speed racer calls it something but it’s not nice ......
                            Huh? I thought it was the "Mach Five".

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post

Huh? I thought it was the "Mach Five".
                              Speed Racer got the Mach 5. Speedracer got a 71 Corolla with a cracked piston and a surface rust issue, bad brakes....

Comment

My LBPs have both been named Callie, 1 and 2 I guess.

I never named my Suzuka. I guess I didn't like her that much LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LagunaBlue View Post
                                  My LBPs have both been named Callie, 1 and 2 I guess.

I never named my Suzuka. I guess I didn't like her that much LOL
                                  I would think Suzy would be the obvious choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post

I would think Suzy would be the obvious choice.
                                    Well that's 4 letters, which is consistent of many of the other things I called her while trying to get the tune setup correct.

Comment

Working...
                                    X