30ThankfulDays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post
    We have been thru Great Barrington several times but never stopped. We were to be in the area this year and we had decided we would stop but............2020 happened. Maybe next year.
    I would like to go while Arlo is still with us. I'm not sure why that is important to me, but it is. I wouldn't mind meeting the man, either. Just to say thank you, perhaps. He created something that has produced an irreplaceable connection between me and so many other people. Whether that was his intention so many years ago or not, that is what has happened.

I hope he is with us for many more years to come.
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

He looked at me and said, "Kid, we don't like your kind! We're gonna send your fingerprints off to Washington!"
    And, friends, somewhere in Washington, enshrined in some little folder, is a study in black and white of my fingerprints. ~Arlo Guthrie

Comment

#30thankfuldays

Day 20
      :

70 degrees and sunny. That's worth being thankful for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201120_123649.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1676105
      -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

He looked at me and said, "Kid, we don't like your kind! We're gonna send your fingerprints off to Washington!"
      And, friends, somewhere in Washington, enshrined in some little folder, is a study in black and white of my fingerprints. ~Arlo Guthrie

Comment

We are 2/3 through the 30ThankfulDays. Time sure flies by!
        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

I would like to go while Arlo is still with us. I'm not sure why that is important to me, but it is. I wouldn't mind meeting the man, either. Just to say thank you, perhaps. He created something that has produced an irreplaceable connection between me and so many other people. Whether that was his intention so many years ago or not, that is what has happened.

I hope he is with us for many more years to come.
          Me too. I miss his father was still around.
          David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
          '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
          '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
          '11 Ford Ranger Sport
          '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
          '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
          '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

#30thankfuldays

Day 21:

Today I am thankful for the USPS. I am amazed at how they can track packages across the country and tell me when they were delivered. In the last two months, I have sent out more than 40 packages using the click-n-ship service, and they made it pretty darned easy. I ordered boxes, created labels, and made payments all online. My only interaction at the actual post office was dropping off the packages, and even that was dirt simple too.

Thank you, US Postal Service!
            -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

#30thankfuldays

Day 22:

Today I am thankful for carpet cleaning machines! When life's little mishaps occur, I'm thankful for whoever came up with that wonderful water spitting sucky thing which spends most of its time sitting quietly in the corner, but when called into duty, cleans up the mayhem like nothing ever happened.
              -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I guess I'm just too practical. I use plenty of soapy water and the Shop Vac.

I do have to remember to empty the sawdust first or believe me it is a big wet mess to clean up.

Just curious, I hope it was just meatballs hitting the fan.
                S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                  I guess I'm just too practical. I use plenty of soapy water and the Shop Vac.

I do have to remember to empty the sawdust first or believe me it is a big wet mess to clean up.

Just curious, I hope it was just meatballs hitting the fan.
                  Lol! Yeah, sawdust and soapy water sounds like a nightmare, or the makings of pressed wood, or oatmeal.

We had a shop vac when my ex and I had a house. But apartment life comes with a different set of requirements than a house or townhouse. The carpet cleaner and upholstery attachments have seen a lot of use in 2020. Enough that I retired my 25 year old model and got a newer one with a fancy water heater, built in beater brush, and a bunch of attachments.

Every time I use it, I'm both thrilled and disgusted. Thrilled that it cleans everything so nicely, and disgusted at what the water that comes out of the carpet looks like. And I'm like, WTH? We generally take our shoes off at the door. Where does all the the dirt come from?

Yesterday's adventures with the carpet cleaner were unscheduled. I had an old container of unused antifreeze/coolant waiting to go to the recycle place (remember... no private garage, and storing anything in the parking structure other than a car or bicycles here isn't cool) so I had it next to the fridge near the recycling bins. Well, it sprung a super tiny, weeping leak which allowed some of the contents to make its way to the nearby carpet. I discovered this by stepping in it. I think we were lucky to catch it so quickly. Soaked up as much as we could with several paper towels and then broke out the carpet cleaner. Dried overnight and all is well again today.
                  -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

#30thankfuldays

Day 23:

The Buy Nothing Project. It's an entirely different way of thinking and an approach to giving and gratitude that can totally change one's outlook. https://buynothingproject.org/about/
                    -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

#30thankfuldays

Day 24:

Today I'm thankful for my health, but it's bittersweet. Last week, my mom let me know one of my uncles had Covid-19. Apparently he contracted it while in rehab for a totally separate issue. He was responding well to treatment, she said, at the time. Sadly, it appears that didn't last long. He passed away this morning.

Please wear a clean mask whenever you go out --even if it's just to walk the dog, just in case you see a neighbor you want to chat with. Keep physically distant from others. Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. Now is not the time to share a meal with friends if you can't do it more than 6 feet apart and outside. You run the very real risk of sharing way more than just a meal.

Please don't take the chance and figure you'll beat the odds. Your family and friends need you, and they need you alive and well for as many years as possible. A vaccine is on the way and we may even have full efficacy by the summer. This virus will be with us only for a brief time, in the grand scheme of things, so please consider the big picture and the longer haul. Your friends and family will appreciate it more than you'll ever know.
                      -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

#30thankfuldays

Day 25:

Today I am thankful for the abundance. I am grateful that the most difficult decision I have to make tonight is whether I should cook the Butterball boneless turkey breast tomorrow in the crockpot, uncovered in a roasting pan, or in a turkey roasting bag... all of which I have. This is most definitely something to be thankful for.
                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

As an old friend of mine used to say. "You've got too damn many choices if you can't decide it by flipping a coin!"
                          2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post
                            As an old friend of mine used to say. "You've got too damn many choices if you can't decide it by flipping a coin!"
                            I'm cool with that.

Happy Turkey Day to you and Anne, John.
                            -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

...and I'm thankful that I can continue the Thanksgiving tradition by playing this: Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 154,000 miles
                              2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 43,000 miles

​​​​​

Comment

And a Happy Thanksgiving back at you Gene, Roseanne (& very extended family), Arlo and any others sitting on the Group W Bench!
                                2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this site and to your families. I'm thankful for this club and the fine people I've met in person and online.

Comment

...Drove back to the church, had a Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat, went to sleep, and didn't get up until the next morning, when we got a phone call from Officer Obie.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
                                    -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

And woke up this "Black Friday" morning bright and early at 11:15 AM thankful that there isn't a damned thing I want badly enough to bother going out to buy!
                                      Time for another cup of fresh brewed Java.

Comment

#30thankfuldays

Day 27:

I am thankful for the realization that Thanksgiving is the best holiday of all of the holidays. It is the one day that everyone can focus on gratitude, family, friends, and community. There is no special club to be a member of to celebrate it. Your religion, ethnic origin, race, color, or social status is of no consequence on this holiday. It is all-inclusive, and everyone gets to play along. It is a day to serve and be served. It is the perfect holiday.

And if I'm honest, I'm actually glad that Covid-19 shut down the crazy Black Friday frenzy and the Thanksgiving Day shopping that has slowly become more prevalent --dragging people away from their families to go work or to go shop. This pandemic reminded me that I needed to try just a little bit harder to keep in touch with people this year. And maybe it gave us all a taste of what it would be like to not have to be rushing around to buy things, losing this truly wonderful holiday while trying to prep for the next one before we need to. To maybe remind us all to be present to the moment. To be HERE. NOW.
                                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

#30thankfuldays

DAY 28:

Pancakes for breakfast. Thanksgiving dinner for the third night in a row (leftovers!). And that feeling when your coffee mug matches your pajamas. All worth being thankful for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201128_105151.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	1676229
                                          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Working...
                                          X