How not to get off an overpass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to get off an overpass...

Whoops! Can't believe everyone was ok here. Reports are that the driver was found alert and ok. Wow. That's a 70 foot drop.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3496999533759607

Edited to add text.
    This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Hmm, I think his truck just lost a lot of resale value.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Random Fact: Cows can walk up stairs but not down them.

Comment

That's going to ruin the suspension!
      David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
      '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
      '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
      '11 Ford Ranger Sport
      '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
      '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
      '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post
        That's going to ruin the suspension!
        It'll just buff out.

Comment

We had a similar incident here. The sister of an Olympic medalist went off a bridge and landed on the frozen Red River. The accumilation of snow on the road sides formed a ramp that helped her car get over the barrier wall.
          S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
            We had a similar incident here. The sister of an Olympic medalist went off a bridge and landed on the frozen Red River. The accumilation of snow on the road sides formed a ramp that helped her car get over the barrier wall.
            The last Winter I was in Ottawa, the snowbanks were so high, you would have had a problem getting over them with a small airplane .

Comment

I just watched the video on our local news online. That must have been a bit scary for an instant. Thank God the driver came out of it as well as he did.
              S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019

Rose Mary
              Casselton, ND

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post

The last Winter I was in Ottawa, the snowbanks were so high, you would have had a problem getting over them with a small airplane .
                I remember flying into a Northwest Ontario airport in a Twin Otter and having to shut down on the runway because the 9 foot clearance of the wing tips would not clear the snow banks. Needless to say this was a finding in my airport inspection report
                sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

Originally posted by Maggiemae View Post

I remember flying into a Northwest Ontario airport in a Twin Otter and having to shut down on the runway because the 9 foot clearance of the wing tips would not clear the snow banks. Needless to say this was a finding in my airport inspection report
                  Sudbury?

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post

Sudbury?
                    Nope Marathon but Thunder Bay was not much better, but the snow was further back so we could get through
                    sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                      That is exactly what happened. I'm sure they do this up there as well (as they do here in MN, aka "Canada South ), after a snowfall that requires plowing, they make an initial pass to get the snow up, then come by again later to get the sides on the overpasses cleared to the walls to prevent the very thing that happened here. According to the state of Wisconsin, they prioritize by the height of the overpass. Yikes. Seems like 70 feet is pretty high!
                      This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X