How the stars stole the night away, oh, yeah
    ​​​
    Hey, hey, hey
    Ba-dee-ya, say, do you remember?
    Ba-dee-ya, dancin' in September
    Ba-dee-ya, never was a cloudy day

September
    Song by Earth, Wind & Fire

And on that note, welcome to September! On my walls right now, a bit of art in the form of calendars.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220826_151559.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	1686651

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220901_164646.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	1686652
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Roseanne

The most important lessons you need know about life can be learned from a Weeble.
    -- me

Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of. -- G. Weitzman

It's important to have specific dreams. Dream Big. Dream without fear.
    -- Randy Pausch

GREAT song!!!
    Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
    After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

I love that photo of the S2000 going through the needle in the Black Hills.
      S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Now that is a nice looking Laguna!
        David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
        '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
        '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
        '11 Ford Ranger Sport
        '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
        '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
        '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Somehow that Crazy Horse image looked familiar.

This was taken at the Jason's 2007 Black Hills rally.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post

This was taken at Jason's 2007 Black Hills rally.
            I really like the Black Hills. It is great to stop at the usual tourist attractions, but there are many hidden gems I have yet to explore. We will be returning there again for another Adventure in a few years.
            S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post

This was taken at the Jason's 2007 Black Hills rally.
              Crazy Horse memorial this year. Hmmmmm..... I think it is one guy working each day with a hammer and a chisel.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
              Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post

Crazy Horse memorial this year. Hmmmmm..... I think it is one guy working each day with a hammer and a chisel.
                Yeah. They aren't making very much progress.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Well, I don't think there was a lot of funding for Crazy Horse. It's not like Mt. Rushmore.

And truthfully, yes, for a lot of years, it WAS pretty much just one man and a chisel. Then he had kids and they were put to work. And they got some bigger equipment. Finally he died and his wife took over the project, which is when they finally finished the head of Crazy Horse. The original designer had wanted to do the horse first, but his wife felt strongly that the warrior (who was actually named for the horse) needed to be completed sooner, rather than later.

The museum itself tells a very moving story and I'm glad we got to visit. The educational aspect and what the Foundation does to promote the well-being of the native Americans is important work.

Looking forward to an opportunity to get back there (albeit briefly) early next month.

Comment

You can spend an entire day just at Crazy Horse. There was so much to look at and learn about.

Comment

Definitely. Even when they don't have live performances or presentations happening, there is a lot of information to be taken in there. I would also love to do a tour up to the actual monument itself.

-Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:
                      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble. -Me

Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of. -Geri Weitzman

Comment

Working...
                      X