You might be paying more than you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might be paying more than you think

Check out this phone conversation between a customer who went to elementary school and two Verizon reps who did not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCJ3Oz5JVKs

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

I wonder how many other companies are doing the same thing?

Comment

holy shet.... Epic fail....

Wait, I thought all you guys LOVED the cell companies???

Comment

even worse was reading the replies! man there is a lot of uneducated folks out there.....

Comment

Originally posted by bimdub View Post
          man there is a lot of uneducated folks out there.....
          There is a certain irony to this sentence that I find amusing.

Comment

Back when Verizon was GTE, I had a question about how they calculated my my bill. For the life of me, I could not take the combo of numbers on my bill and get the amount they were billing me. No matter how I tied, mix and match, add them all. I could not get it to the same total they had on the bill. So I called and tried to have them explain it to me. We that went about as well as this call did. Finally the GTE rep through up her hands and told me I just don't understand. At that point I requested that my phones all be dropped to the lowest plan available to meet my contract and I tossed them in a draw.

This just shows that things have not changed there. The operators don't understand what they are talking about and trust that the computers don't make mistakes. Clearly this is a case of it shoudl have been written as $0.002 and not 0.002 cents.

Comment

FAIL!

I was watching a related video dated from 2006 on youtube, years ago but the same story...Nothing gonna change.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad_H View Post
                Easy now...

Comment

Yes it is sad to hear this type of conversation.

However, it is important to remember that the people working the customer support lines are not the highest paid nor are they the highest skilled individuals in the company.

As one who has been frustrated by some tech support calls myself, I can empathize. However, do you really want to pay the phone rates that would correspond with having much more qualified people in those positions. The US has shockingly low mobile phone rates when compared to other countries. I'd rather keep it that way and put up with the occasional frustration.

At some point this guy had a written quote for download fees. Instead of harassing the folks at the service desk, he should just look at his written quote.

Comment

There certainly was intended irony!

While my grammar and spelling are questionable bear with me as my keyboard is damaged and a new on is in fact on its way here.

Other than that though, I almost think you called me uneducated? Something that I do not find amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by bimdub View Post
                      There certainly was intended irony!

While my grammar and spelling are questionable bear with me as my keyboard is damaged and a new on is in fact on its way here.

Other than that though, I almost think you called me uneducated? Something that I do not find amusing.
                      No, I'm definitely not calling you uneducated. I wouldn't presume to make that kind of judgment of someone based solely on one post online. And if I were to make a judgment based on multiple posts, I would certainly keep that to myself. I also don't equate a person's overall educational level with their ability to post online. There could be many reasons for spelling and/or grammatical errors in a post, such as a bad keyboard, or being distracted by the cat, or being in a hurry... I know I have made many errors when posting, and will make many more in the future.

If you had posted that you didn't understand the difference between $.02 and .02 cents, I might have thought you were uneducated.

Comment

If you had posted that you didn't understand the difference between $.02 and .02 cents, I might have thought you were uneducated.
                        math is my favorite subject....

Comment

Working...
                        X