Laptop is DEAD!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop is DEAD!!!!

So today as i was browsing through the internet, BAM a pop up comes up, and then another, and another, and another!!!!!!! Virus City!!!! I have spyware and anti virus stuff on it but i guess nothing is full proof. I am not a computer wiz, and to be honest if it wasnt for this site i realy wouldnt even be on the computer. So i shut it down and turned it back on and all of the pop ups came back up. I have a computer wiz thats works for me. He is going to check it out, if he can't fix it we might have to take up a fund for me to get a new one. I am using my fiance's laptop now but that won't last too long. She uses it for work so this will cut into my s2kca time and we can't have that. Wish me luck!

what brand is it?

if its just a virus, reformat the drive (you WILL loose all your info) and just reload windows

Comment

Your computer has a nasty one. But the hardware should be just fine, as your problem is all software. Your computer guy should be able to resolve the issue for you.

Comment

Mike - i just had a crazy virus on my home computer too. It wasn't finding the hard-drive and the 3 anti-virus weren't working at all. I took it to IT Plus on Rt. 4 (Broadway) in Fairlawn - around the corner from Mike's house. They fixed everything and didn't lose any of my pictures at all. You won't lose anything as long as they ghost the system and you take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

He charged me $240. The # is 201-398-1424 ask for Sam
        passenger

he won't let me drive it

Comment

It's a Sony Viao, i gave it to my guy at work today, he is going to look at it on Sunday. He said it should be no problem. I don't have anything on it that i need so dont care about loosing anything. I just want it working again. Thanks for the info Cindy but $240 to fix it, they can keep it. I don't need it that bad. I barely use that thing. I got it brand new when it came out for like $700 with everything. We will have to wait and see on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by whitemike711 View Post
            It's a Sony Viao, i gave it to my guy at work today, he is going to look at it on Sunday. He said it should be no problem. I don't have anything on it that i need so dont care about loosing anything. I just want it working again. Thanks for the info Cindy but $240 to fix it, they can keep it. I don't need it that bad. I barely use that thing. I got it brand new when it came out for like $700 with everything. We will have to wait and see on Monday. Fingers crossed.
            yea...if possible just have your guys do a system restore

Comment

It's very easy - GO MAC!

Comment

Working...
              X