Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Only It Wasn't Yellow

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1062358479.html

$27.5K for a 2006 Porsche Cayman S! That's an INSANE price!

It sounds too good to be true but if it's legit, that is a screaming bargain. It's close by, too.

That's nuts - the price is roughly 1/2 of what I paid for my 1,000 mile '07 a couple of years ago. As much as I loved my CS, it didn't really fit my needs since having a kid, but I felt stuck w/ it given resale values and my unwillingness to take a huge hit. Finding a local M3 sedan owner who just happened to want a Porsche was a lucky break for me!
    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
    '08 Ridgeline RTL
    '02 Z06

Comment

Wow! If I wasn't in Chris's shoes, I might sell my S to Paulie and buy that Cayman

btw Chris, didn't know you got an M3.

'65 Honda S600
      '02 Honda Mugen S2000
      '10 BMW E90 M3
      '15 Mini Cooper

Comment

He had a three-page thread on the other site about it...

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
          He had a three-page thread on the other site about it...
          under Car Talk I assume? I need to check more often

'65 Honda S600
          '02 Honda Mugen S2000
          '10 BMW E90 M3
          '15 Mini Cooper

Comment

I have a friend looking for one of these! great find!

Comment

Yep, my beloved Cayman is gone to a local single guy who didn't need the added practicality of the M3, and wants to autocross the Cayman. It should serve him very well. This was one of those neat situations where each of us had a car that was better suited for the other party, and we both liked what we had to offer. Assuming it's not a scam, salvage title, etc. one of y'all should snap that CS up quick - what an incredible bargain that would be.

Tom, if you need a back seat, the M3 is just amazing. The engine is awe-inspiring, both in power and sound (8 ITB's!), and the combination of performance, comfort, and luxury is hard to beat. I hard-wired my radar detector already, and have a short shifter on the way - that's all I need to do to make it perfect for me.
              Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
              '08 Ridgeline RTL
              '02 Z06

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                Yep, my beloved Cayman is gone to a local single guy who didn't need the added practicality of the M3, and wants to autocross the Cayman. It should serve him very well. This was one of those neat situations where each of us had a car that was better suited for the other party, and we both liked what we had to offer. Assuming it's not a scam, salvage title, etc. one of y'all should snap that CS up quick - what an incredible bargain that would be.

Tom, if you need a back seat, the M3 is just amazing. The engine is awe-inspiring, both in power and sound (8 ITB's!), and the combination of performance, comfort, and luxury is hard to beat. I hard-wired my radar detector already, and have a short shifter on the way - that's all I need to do to make it perfect for me.

What color was it?? There's a guy that recently started autoxing with his friend. One has a Gray Cayman S, the other has a Carrera S.

Comment

yeah, my wife made that suggestion about 6 months ago. I should've just seized on the moment, buy an M3, and tell my wife, "but you told me to get it" but NOOOOO....I kept wasting her time singing the virtues of the GT-R instead of taking the hint.

'65 Honda S600
                  '02 Honda Mugen S2000
                  '10 BMW E90 M3
                  '15 Mini Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by Chickwithastick View Post
                    What color was it?? There's a guy that recently started autoxing with his friend. One has a Gray Cayman S, the other has a Carrera S.
                    Guards Red. He lives in Austin, and this was his first weekend w/ it.
                    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                    '08 Ridgeline RTL
                    '02 Z06

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Mugen View Post
                      yeah, my wife made that suggestion about 6 months ago. I should've just seized on the moment, buy an M3, and tell my wife, "but you told me to get it" but NOOOOO....I kept wasting her time singing the virtues of the GT-R instead of taking the hint.
                      The GT-R is def. faster, but IMO the M3 is a bit more fun to drive b/c it's a more visceral experience due to (a) the engine. 8400 rpm redline w/ a sound that compares to anything short of a Ferrari; (b) more driver involvement if you opt for the 6MT; and (c) rwd vs. awd. Not to mention that squeezing child seats in and out of a tight 2 door coupe would be a PITA.
                      Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                      '08 Ridgeline RTL
                      '02 Z06

Comment

agreed. There's lots of great deals out there (found an M5 for $34k$). But I think I will likely lease my next car since my wife is against used cars (wait til she finds put about the 44-yr old S600 :LOL. M3 is definitely on my short list. Just debating about whether to go for the gusto and get a Maserati Granturismo

'65 Honda S600
                        '02 Honda Mugen S2000
                        '10 BMW E90 M3
                        '15 Mini Cooper

Comment

If I knew how many miles it had on it and it was closer, I would buy it tomorrow.
                          Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
                          After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post
                            If I knew how many miles it had on it and it was closer, I would buy it tomorrow.
                            a) ask the seller
                            b) it prob. wouldn't be hard to get JonBoy or another local to volunteer to deliver it to you.
                            Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                            '08 Ridgeline RTL
                            '02 Z06

Comment

Gladly. However, I feel obligated to tell you that I wrecked the last Porsche I was in the process of delivering.

No, I'm not joking. No, it wasn't fully insured. No, my dad wasn't happy. Yes, we are now talking again.

Comment

Miles not listed....hmmmmm Half price? 60K miles?

Comment

I'm thinking higher miles, possibly with accident history. I'm not going to call, though, because if it's in mint condition with decent miles, I'd have to buy it. My conscience wouldn't let me pass up a deal like that.

Comment

The vehicle is still available, has a clear title, was never been involved in an accident, always garage kept, excellent condition. I want to sell fast due to some personal problems. It has 7800 miles on board. I am now located in Florida. Please get back if you are interested, with all your questions.

David

----- Original Message -----
                                    To: [email protected]
                                    Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:30 PM
                                    Subject: 2006 Porsche Cayman S - $27900

Hi,

Can you tell me a bit about your Cayman S for sale? Mileage? Condition? Does it have a salvage title or any other “stories”? Just curious since the price is so low…

Thanks,
                                    Chris
                                    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                                    '08 Ridgeline RTL
                                    '02 Z06

Comment

The vehicle is still available, has a clear title, was never been involved in an accident, always garage kept, excellent condition. I want to sell fast due to some personal problems. It has 7800 miles on board. I am now located in Florida. Please get back if you are interested, with all your questions.

David

----- Original Message -----
                                      To: [email protected]
                                      Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:30 PM
                                      Subject: 2006 Porsche Cayman S - $27900

Hi,

Can you tell me a bit about your Cayman S for sale? Mileage? Condition? Does it have a salvage title or any other “stories”? Just curious since the price is so low…

Thanks,
                                      Chris
                                      Definite scam

Comment

Yeah, I'm calling scam on it as well. Ask him if you can have a friend check it out in person.

Comment

Working...
                                        X