have u tested a nissan 370?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have u tested a nissan 370?

I was just wondering if anyone has test drove the new 370z? How does it compare to the S? styling, handeling, power, etc....? Thanks is advance.

anyone?

Comment

Not yet! I'm planning on test-driving it though. Saw one on the road - looks better in person than on the picture!

Originally posted by whitemike711 View Post
      anyone?

Comment

I will have an interest in testing one on February 30th when its snowing in hell and Satan is passing out sweaters.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kx2 View Post
          I will have an interest in testing one on February 30th when its snowing in hell and Satan is passing out sweaters.
          Never hurts to check out the competition w/ an open mind. Test drives are free (assuming your inital bias is confirmed) and fun!
          Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
          '08 Ridgeline RTL
          '02 Z06

Comment

Hi Chris,

Really has nothing to do with keeping an open mind or the competition for me, I really just have no interest in the car.

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
            Never hurts to check out the competition w/ an open mind. Test drives are free (assuming your inital bias is confirmed) and fun!

Comment

At least here, in Calgary, all of the first lot are spoken for. It is highly doubtful that there will be any extras to be used as demos. Test drives will be restricted to those who already have dibs on the ones that are coming where the test drive will finalize the sale. Tough to understand why since the Z is almost a "bargain basement" priced.
              It's reminiscent of the S2000. Nobody had demos.

Comment

My boss loves his 350Z, and if I was in the market for a new sports car the 370Z would definitely be on my short list. In fact its currently at the top of that list.

Comment

I have yet to drive one but the looks and improved interior are a big bonus to me. However, I dislike having 19" wheels both because of the insane cost of tires and the limited choice of tires as well. They're a part of the Sport package, though, which is a must for me.

Comment

I'm w/ you, JonBoy - I'm clueless as to why the sportiest packages (w/ implied trackability) always seem to force 19" tires on buyers, when 18's are so much better in price, tire selection, ride quaality, and often performance.
                    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                    '08 Ridgeline RTL
                    '02 Z06

Comment

Thanks for the input (i think :LOL The Nissan Dealership by me offered a test drive over the phone to me. I might go check it out. I heard that the roadster won't be out for another year though and the Nismo as well. I don't know if i can give up the convertable (or my S) just yet. I love the S but i am always looking at my options. I want something with more power but yet the same handling. I figured this would be a good match without having to go to a porsche with insane insurance charges. If anyone test drives one before i do please let me know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kx2 View Post
                        Hi Chris,

Really has nothing to do with keeping an open mind or the competition for me, I really just have no interest in the car.
                        So that's why you clicked on the thread!
                        Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                        '08 Ridgeline RTL
                        '02 Z06

Comment

Originally posted by whitemike711 View Post
                          I figured this would be a good match without having to go to a porsche with insane insurance charges.
                          My Cayman S was about $200/yr. more to insure than my '03 S2000, and $300/yr. less than my M3. If you can't afford that differential, you can't afford to own a Porsche!

I've found that many more expensive cars have surprisingly reasonable insurance rates, I suspect b/c they're typically drive by more mature/safe drivers. The S2000 was cheap to insure when it first arrived, then got progressively more expensive as they became cheap used and kids drove the claim frequency up (not to mention the stolen seats). Not sure about the 370's insurance rates, but I doubt they're much better than a Cayman's due to the likely different demographics of each car.
                          Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                          '08 Ridgeline RTL
                          '02 Z06

Comment

Yep!

"Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar" ... Sigmund Freud

So that's why you clicked on the thread! [/QUOTE]

Comment

Success! Just got back from a test drive of a 370Z over my lunch break!!
                              Got to drive the 350 back to back with the 370.

Its a FUN car!
                              I like it more than than the 350Z any day.
                              The power is definately there. You step, it goes.
                              The noise is niiiiiiice. The 350Z sounded good, the 370Z sounds better. It can be a bit noisy in the cabin at first, but you quickly get used to it.
                              The handeling is there too, however heres where down sides kick in. S2Ks feel lighter, and nimbler. Thats because they are. You can feel a bit of the 370Z heft as you're swinging the steering wheel around. The Z has the S beat in power and torque and you can feel that, just like you can feel the S2Ks agility.
                              The visibility is very slightly improved over the 350Zs, but its hardly noticable. The visibility still sucks. It sucked in the 350, it still sucks in the 370. I'm sure its one of those "It'll take some times to get used to." things.
                              The VQ35DET in the 350Z is a bit notorious for being violent at high RPMs. Drove the 350, and this is correct. Hit high RPMs and I could feel the thrashing through the shift nob and moderate vibration through the steering wheel / column. This problem was dumbed down quite a bit in the 370Z, but not eleminated. While the actuall steering wheel vibration is almost completely eleminated, the shift knob vibration is still there; its just not as bad.
                              Now then, the rev-matching. By FAR the coolest feature. GREAT for putting around town! On the track... Who knows. The salesman wouldn't let me...
                              As you downshift, it just sticks to the RPM necessary for you to punch the gas and go. I tested it going from 6th to 4th at about 60mph. 6 to 5, the rpm jumped from 2.5k up to 3.5k the second I clutched and moved the shift knob up and to the left, then, without missing a beat, jumped to 5k as I shifted straight down into 4th and stuck there. All I had to do was press the gas pedal and go. I even tested this once more by downshifting to fourth and depressing the clutch and allowing it to drag. =X I know... shame on me... its not my car... I shouldn't be doing that. Still, it acted as though a perfect heel - toe had been completed and went along perfectly fine.
                              The keyless, push button start is another awesome feature! The whole "I dont have to plug anything in, all I have to do is keep the key in my pocket." thing is a plus. The car will NOT allow you to lock your keys in. If the battery dies in your remote, you CAN pull an actual key out of the remote to unlock your car, then plug your remote in to the left of the steering wheel and start your car normally. Awesome feature.
                              The interior is nicer as well. The gauge cluster is a bit different than the 350, but its nice. The display gauge on the left is odd and takes some fiddling with to get used to, but its cool to be able to flip through so many features. The 3 gauges mounted on the top of the center console are still nice, but you have to strain a little bit to see them out of the corner of your eye. I know, just turn your head, but that defeats the purpose of a glance to keep your focus on the road. Useful for feedback, but location is good at best.

All in all, GREAT car! If you like the 350, you'll LOVE the 370!

Hope that was helpful!
                              Last edited by R_W; 03-19-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Goodwrite up

Comment

So i took the test drive today. I agree with the write up RW put together. The blindspot on the backside and rear are a major downfall of the car. power was def there. It does feel heavier than the S (because it is) but you do feel it. the interior is nice and has more room than the S. I drove the base model and will be waiting for the sport package to come in to see and feel the diffrence. The base model does not have the rev matching shifting so i would like to see how that is. The front and rear look more aggressive than the older model. Overall i'm am not sure if i would trade my S in for it. Also a side note the roads were a little wet so i was a little more cousious than usual. The dealership let me test the drive the car without the sales person in it which was nice. My co-pilot enjoid the car (mikey) i'm pretty sure he will jump in as well and give his thoughts. They did have a nice white GT-R, maybe i will test drive that next :LOL:

Comment

The passenger seat is nice... and roooooooooooomy...
                                    the gauge cluster is set up for the driver... though, my nose is in the air since my digital gauge cluster. and ths 370 isnt...
                                    the blindspot is horrid!!!
                                    cant see anything - and that "little window" ... wow - you cant see anything with the passenger seat all the way back.

the style is definitly agressive, nice exhaust tone... torque is good... hp is nice...

not a fan of the options...
                                    i still give it 1 1/2
                                    '00 Civic Si supercharged (stolen)
                                    '95 Civic hb turbocharged (sold)
                                    '03 Acura CL-S supercharged (sold
                                    )
                                    '06 S2000 NA (returned)
                                    '11 E92 turbo (returned
                                    )
                                    '14 F10

Become an S2KCA Member, the only NON-PROFIT S2000 Car Club

Comment

As the salesman was doing his thing and asking me questions he asked "how much do you want on your trade" I said "30k" He started to write it on the paper then gave a look like WTF (i guess you had to be there) :LOL:

Comment

Going test driving all over Houston tomorrow. 370s are on my list. I'll let you know 2nd impressions.

Comment

Working...
                                        X