Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Sponsor Me for the Junior Achievement Bowl-A-Thon 2009

Dear S2KCA Family,

Another year has passed and I've been asked to bring a team to support the Junior Achievement Program. You all really stepped up and helped make a difference last year and I'd like to ask for your support once more.

Thank you for joining me in this effort to support JA's mission of educating and inspiring young people to value free enterprise, business and economics to improve the quality of their lives.

By making a contribution of $25, $50, $100, or whatever you can afford, together we are helping to support a child's future!

I'll be bowling at the Palace Bowling Center on Friday April 17th at 2:00pm if you'd like to come out and show some support or just make fun of me.

Thanks for your help.

If that link doesn't work, click <here> and then please enter "RUIZ" in the "Bowler Name Search:" field and look for Joe Ruiz.

Did you know that Junior Achievement of Southeast Texas volunteers taught JA programs to 203,000 students last year and that in large part the Annual Bowl-A-Thon funded those efforts? Just to put this awesome number into perspective; coordinators just like you enabled JA programs to be taught to more children than the entire populations of Ft. Lauderdale FL, Salt Lake City UT, Knoxville TN, Amarillo TX or Providence RI.

That’s big! However, to someone not familiar with JA this number in and of itself means nothing. It is when each number represents a child who now understands why learning is relevant to success or who sees hope for themselves because a business person gave them a perspective that life outside of poverty is possible, that reality sets in and 203,000 becomes more than big – it is incredible!

Whether you are a first time coordinator who knows just a little about JA or you are a seasoned veteran who teaches, recruits and does it all for the kids, I just want to say thank you in advance for your efforts. Every dollar that you or your bowlers raise means that more children will experience an opportunity to be educated and inspired to understand the business and economic principles that can improve the quality of their lives and the world we live in.

In keeping with the theme we aren't that far away and with your help we could actually teach this school year more children than the entire population of North Las Vegas which, according to the US. Census Bureau is just slightly less than 200,000 children.
    Through caring community leaders like you nothing is impossible. Which is why we so look forward to working with you.
    Last edited by joe_s2k; 04-02-2009, 11:16 AM.
    Thanks,
    Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Thanks to those of you that have already donated. I have a few more days left before the event.

Take care.
    Joe
    Thanks,
    Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Joe, I totally forgot about this when I saw it a few days ago....
      Was thinking about it today at work that I need to find it.

Found it and Donated.
      GL
      '00 Civic Si supercharged (stolen)
      '95 Civic hb turbocharged (sold)
      '03 Acura CL-S supercharged (sold
      )
      '06 S2000 NA (returned)
      '11 E92 turbo (returned
      )
      '14 F10

Become an S2KCA Member, the only NON-PROFIT S2000 Car Club

Comment