Flip Video Cam (For Track Vids)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip Video Cam (For Track Vids)

I recently got tired of trying to use my go-pro camera due to its very buggy non cosistant working at the track, my incar camera I had was a 10 mega pixel but the videos I shot in 640x480 on the cannon only would record for 10 mins, so I often missed out on alot of video footage.

So I was in the market looking for decent camera/recorder for my car again that lasted longer then 10 mins. I came across the Flip mino but the original ones sucked and lacked what I was looking for. Fortunately Flip made a 4meg version of this little beast that records in HD 720p .

So far this camera looks promising, the only thing that I dislike about it is that the Mount for the camera is at the bottom and the camera is slightly longer then a lighter. But the video quality and ease of use with this thing is nice.

1) It has Built in Software for editing, copying, or grabbing stills off of and comes with a handy TV/RCA jacks to plug straight into your TV to watch videos

2) Its very thin

3) Has a built in USB that flips up to plug into your PC which also charges the unit.

I am going to make a custom bracket for this camera that will work with the Go-Pro camera mounts, Ill post some pix when its done.

I got mine at costco for $199 and it came with a nice little tri-pod, they make a action mount you can get these on Amazon

Camera

Action Mount

Back Home

Wonder if it has any stabilization?

Comment

Added Pictures and Quick Vid, Cold tires and Cold Road and High Boost =

Video not the same original quality, but the quality is prudy good, sutpid rear view mirror
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Boost I attained in this short run, intresting, out side temp was 75deg / 30% humidity

Back Home

Comment

Thanks for posting the vid. Is there any way you can host the full vid somewhere?

The youtube vid looks a tad bit choppy (lower frame rate) but I'm thinking that's just youtube compressing it.

Comment

I use a non-HD 1hour flip vid for all my movies. Its pretty sweet! I've dropped it a few times and the little sucker is still at 100%. The only complaint I may have would be battery life, but a 1 hour camera on 2 double As is nice! And even then, the batteries will last quite a while.
          Do a search on youtube for user name "xbbjmg6" and those are mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonoff View Post
            Thanks for posting the vid. Is there any way you can host the full vid somewhere?

The youtube vid looks a tad bit choppy (lower frame rate) but I'm thinking that's just youtube compressing it.
            Yea I can Host it, Its 672 Megs, I'll load it up later today. And PM you a link

Back Home

Comment

Originally posted by Slambo View Post
              Yea I can Host it, Its 672 Megs, I'll load it up later today. And PM you a link
              Awesome.. thanks.

I was going to invest in one of those Panasonic HD cams with Advanced O.I.S. But if this little cam is good enough no point in spending more.

Comment

Working...
              X