Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2000 on Top Gear

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • S2000 on Top Gear

    Anybody know what season and eppisode Top Gear had the S2000 on? It's the eppisode where they had the S2000, Boxter, and the Z4 on the show together.

    Thanks in advance!

  • #2

    Comment


    • #3
      i guess i cant read....i dont know the season or episode

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm pretty sure it was Season 3 Episode 2.

        EDIT: Yup... I have the episode.

        Wet track times
        Blue Z4 = 1:37:3
        Red S200 = 1:37:4
        Yellow Boxster = 1:37:0

        Comment


        • #5
          The s2000 won for the fastest going topless time!

          Comment


          • #6
            Well... it is a more difficult vehicle to drive at the limit in the wet.

            They should do a dry track run

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jasonoff View Post
              Well... it is a more difficult vehicle to drive at the limit in the wet.

              They should do a dry track run
              That's what I said. Redo on a dry day and the S will blow the door off the 2 cars.

              Comment


              • #8
                I sent top gear an email about how the S could do some work on a dry track and never got a reply. I believe it could beat some of the cars above the boxter and z4 no doubt.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                  I sent top gear an email about how the S could do some work on a dry track and never got a reply. I believe it could beat some of the cars above the boxter and z4 no doubt.
                  I'm pretty sure they don't care. They're more concerned w/ entertaining their viewers than settling the score from prior bad tests. I also don't believe it would beat a Boxster.
                  Chris



                  '13 Civic Si sedan
                  '08 Ridgeline RTL
                  '02 Z06

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                    I also don't believe it would beat a Boxster.
                    See what happens when you drink the Kool Aid?

                    "It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain


                    sigpic
                    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                      See what happens when you drink the Kool Aid?
                      You're happy and hydrated!
                      Chris



                      '13 Civic Si sedan
                      '08 Ridgeline RTL
                      '02 Z06

                      Comment


                      • #12

                        "It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain


                        sigpic
                        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                          See what happens when you drink the Kool Aid?
                          Sounds like he was snorting it a little...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                            I also don't believe it would beat a Boxster.
                            I think the S has a really good chance of beating it.

                            Long story short: I was racing a Boxter a few years ago on the 4th of July and I was pulling away from him. This could be totaly up in the air though but I did hear his engine roaring....meaning he must have been at WOT or close too WOT. I could be wrong though. maybe the driver was just playing around with me and what not.

                            On a different note, has anybody raced a Mustand GT around MY 2000 - 2003 or so....they're not all that cracked up. I don't know how many GT i've beat in the 4 years of owning the S. I apologize in advance for any Mustand owners.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think we might be talking about two different kinds of racing.

                              "It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain


                              sigpic
                              2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                              Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Porsche has steadily increased the Boxster's HP over the years, while the S2000's HP has never budged over it's entire production run. Make it a current Boxster S, and the S2000 wouldn't even have a chance.

                                Originally posted by VinhPham View Post
                                I think the S has a really good chance of beating it.

                                Long story short: I was racing a Boxter a few years ago on the 4th of July and I was pulling away from him. This could be totaly up in the air though but I did hear his engine roaring....meaning he must have been at WOT or close too WOT. I could be wrong though. maybe the driver was just playing around with me and what not.
                                Chris



                                '13 Civic Si sedan
                                '08 Ridgeline RTL
                                '02 Z06

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Well at least he picked the fastest color in that episode



                                  Back Home

                                  Comment

                                  Working...
                                  X