Jack for S2k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack for S2k?

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a new main jack for my garage. I'm considering the OTC5202. Has anyone used this jack? It looks very similiar to the Griot's jack. I just want to make sure it fits under the front for the center jack point. The other alternative is the Omega OME29023 jack, but if the OTC fits, then being 50lbs lighter is a plus just in case I have to move it (even though I most likely wont)

I have a 3000lb jack I bought from Harbor Freight for about $80. With the S2000 iit had no problem fitting under the front to get to the jack point, but then it was not long enough and I couldn't get any leverage to work the jack up. Otherwise it worked well enough jacking up the rear or side points. If your car is lowered at all that might work against you.

Not really familiar with the model codes you give you may want to post links or pics.

Comment

Originally posted by S2Kouichi View Post
      I have a 3000lb jack I bought from Harbor Freight for about $80. With the S2000 iit had no problem fitting under the front to get to the jack point, but then it was not long enough and I couldn't get any leverage to work the jack up. Otherwise it worked well enough jacking up the rear or side points. If your car is lowered at all that might work against you.

Not really familiar with the model codes you give you may want to post links or pics.
      Yea I was looking at that one too. I really don't want to have to mess with jacking each corner individually. So i really wanted to get the front and rear center points.

Here's the OTC one from the guys over at the vette forum:
      C5 General - Low Profile Hydraulic Jack: OTC 5202 - I've been looking for a high quality, low profile, long reach hydraulic jack for my lowered Z (1.5 ). Previously I've tried a Walmart $70 BlackJack but it started leaking after a couple times. I've also used the Sears Craftsman jack but every time I'm underneath the...

And here's the Omega from those guys too:
      C6 Corvette General Discussion - Hydraulic jacks, long reach, low profile: Omega 29023 and AC DK13HLQ - http://www.davemiranda.com/images/1-DSC_5884b-72.jpg Below are comparison pics and info regarding the: - Omega 29023 Magic Lift 2-ton (black) - AC DK13HLQ 1.4 ton (blue) AC Hydraulic A/S:...

Comment

This may defeat the purpose for you, but I use the Harbor Freight Jack and use the center jack points as well, I just drive up on 2x8s first. I guess it depends if this step is too cumbersome or not.

Comment

Yea, I'm trying to avoid having to do that. Apparently the Omega jack has quality problems that some people complain about. So I'm trying to find a few others.

Arcon XL35 (Found at Costco):

or the

AFF 200T:
          Shop the AFF 2 Ton Low-Profile Floor Jack. Sold online at www.Mile-X.com along with a full range of AFF Products.

The problem is that searching these reviews, a lot of people claim it works. But "works" to one person may be not needing boards but it could be jacking up the corner one at a time.

Does anyone know if either of those will work by itself on the front center jack point?

Comment

Working...
          X