Comment

• acheddadi
      Forum Guest
      • Mar 2009

Comment

• Coop
        S2KCA Life Member
        • Feb 2003

So tell me, as Jeff puts it, how thick of a skin should we let build, when will it be too thick or when have we let things go too far. Tell me, I would like to know.

Is it Ok to tell jokes about people who are drunks, kids/people with autism, people with learning disabilities, or physical disabilities, who are dagos, whopps (which I am one), but I am guessing that gay jokes are OK, since this is what this is about.

So since the world is full of people with different beliefs, when these two beliefs go against each other, who is right, which one do I delete and which one do I let go.

What is sad, is this is a car club and most of the conflicts come from what we think is good, clean or OK to do to someone else or call someone else or cut down someone else, not about the car.

So tell me, where do I draw he line? As the MOD, you except me to know these things, but I don't and I or other MODs will continue to remove threads or posts that you think should be OK. We remove a very small amount of stuff and very few people have a problem, I think that is a very good percentage. I can not make everyone of you happy and I will not try, it would drive me nuts.
        Coop
        Life Member 57
        Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
        It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
        Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

• Jasonoff
          Forum Guest
          • Aug 2007

I think if there's a clear description in the thread title (may be offensive) then people who get offended easily can "choose" not to read it.

The warning gives the choice. If they choose to ignore the warning then it's really their problem. That's how I see it anyway.

Comment

• griffon
            S2KCA Life Member
            • May 2005

Originally posted by Jasonoff View Post
            I think if there's a clear description in the thread title (may be offensive) then people who get offended easily can "choose" not to read it.

The warning gives the choice. If they choose to ignore the warning then it's really their problem. That's how I see it anyway.
            How about if I just change my screen name to "griffon, may be offensive".

Would that work?
            "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jasonoff
              Forum Guest
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by griffon View Post
              How about if I just change my screen name to "griffon, may be offensive".

Would that work?
              Possibly. It would need to be more descriptive.

Would probably need to be larger text and flash different colors to be as affective.

Comment

Working...
              X