PLX/I-Phone ODBII for your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLX/I-Phone ODBII for your car

Just had to get this little piece of tech wizz.

should have it in a couple of weeks they were on backorder off the chainz

Back Home

let me know how it works... i was kinda interested in it looks cool

Comment

What is this for? New technology to me. I assume it allows you to take some type of readings since you are accessing the On Board Diagnostic link.

Comment

Its like having a dashhawk or OBDII scanner tool but it works thru your iphone via wifi signal. Also if you have PLX gauges in your car for boost, AFR, Temps etc... there going to release a connector that will allow you to plug into the sensor modules in the car. For me this will be a plus because while I love the PLX gauges having them on the A-pillar is a PIA at the track.

If you have an I-pod touch or if you have an I-phone you can place your Boost, Temp any any other gauge setup in a wireless setup in your car which means several really cool things can happen.

1) You can mount it just about anywhere.

2) If you were at the track you could have an instructor watch your throttle position giving you better instructions.

3) It might be possible to have friend sit on the sideline of the track as you go by and grab the signal wireless style.

4) If you have the I-phone with GPS you could get track data

5) + Have the phone so you can say Yo to your mama while being cool @ the track.

Really cool stuff

Back Home

Comment

Looks cool! Let us know how it performs!

Comment

where's the receptacle ?

Sorry to be asking the most basic question, but where is the OBDII socket in a S2k (2005) ?
            I have the Svc Manual, but couldn't find where to plug in to.
            - Don
            What is it about the words PASSING LANE that they don't understand ?

Comment

I am getting an Iphone when the updated processors drop later this year. The first app I plan on paying for is this wifi OBDII tool...a bit pricey, but check out the gps track tool and data logging! http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwiwifi/

Kiwi Wifi
              OBDII Connectivity
              Compatible with 1996+ Vehicles
              Dash Command application shown above
              Are you a software developer? Ask about our SDK. Available Now.
              Turn your iPhone / iPod Touch into:
              Engine Check Scan Tool MPG and Fuel Economy Gauges Real-time Engine Sensors Data Logging Customizable Gauges

Rev for iPhone / iPod Touch
              by Dev Toaster
              (Now Available on the Apple App Store)

Gauges, Skid Pad, Graphs, Engine Check, Data Logging, more...
              3rd Party Videos

DashCommand for iPhone / iPod Touch
              by Palmer Performance
              *Compatible with PLX Logger 3.0
              (Coming soon)
              Engine Check Scan Tool
              MPG Gauges Real-time Customizable Gauges GPS Track analysis Skid Pad

Diagnose engine trouble, read and reset your check engine light.
              View your MPG and other fuel efficiency information in real-time. Keep track of your fuel costs. A fully configurable dash designed to give you more information than stock instrument cluster. Analyze your track driving data. Quickly identify where you can improve your track times. Analyze your vehicle's road holding and cornering characteristics.

Comment

Originally posted by adonda View Post
                Sorry to be asking the most basic question, but where is the OBDII socket in a S2k (2005) ?
                I have the Svc Manual, but couldn't find where to plug in to.
                - Don
                under the dash on the drivers side near the tunnel...

Comment

Originally posted by Slambo View Post
                  Just had to get this little piece of tech wizz.

should have it in a couple of weeks they were on backorder off the chainz

http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev
                  Nice, my neighbor just ordered one..can't wait to mess with it...his is backordered also.

Comment

cheap alternative - if you lower your requirements

PLX Kiwi has a very small device that plugs into the OBDII port directly (no WiFi transponder needed) that measures MPG, afew engine parameters and receives/resets fault codes. If you're willing to settle for just those parameters, Amazon will sell it for $85 after May 28:

PLX Kiwi indicates that it's immediately available (and a few $ more). Their site has a full description w/ video.

I'm reserving my iPod for music (thru Honda radio) since I've installed the USA SPEC interface unit.

Btw, i've located the OBDII port, thank you Kevos2k.
                    - Don
                    What is it about the words PASSING LANE that they don't understand ?

Comment

Daddy like!

Comment

I just got thru using this at racks a little Velcro on my radio door goes a long way

Back Home

Comment

Wow. I need to get one. Does the app for the phone cost anything? Or do they just assume that you can't use it without the OBD2 dongle and let you have the app for free?

Comment

What is the latest "User" review on this set up? My finger is poised over the buy now button.

Comment

oops! My finger slipped and hit the buy now button.....

Comment

Does the Rev software have some kind of lap timing feature?

Comment

It can map out a track with the 3G GPS, but it doesn't directly have a timer built into the software. It's a great all around tool that does a little of everything.

Back Home

Comment

Just got my PLX Kiwi in today. I was able to reset my HFC CEL with it without getting out of my car. One question. I'm at work, so I only had to check it at idle. Does the MPG calculations work on the S2000? It didn't seem to do anything and said not supported by my vehicle. But then again, I was not moving when I tried it.

Comment

I went for a test drive. I'm a little disappointed that the fuel calculations and MAF are not available. Every thing else works fine.

Comment

Fuel MPG has to be built into the Car to have it show the data in the metrics.

Funny I have got that same CEL in my car lately, I have looked up and down the car and cant figure why this is happing.

Back Home

Comment

Working...
                                        X