Cioppino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cioppino

So i was watching the Food Network and Throwdown with Bobby Flay was on. The challenge was Cioppino. After watching the show, the challenger Phil seemed like a realy nice guy and had some great looking food. I went to the website and ordered a bucket. We made it last night and man was it good. I am planning on ordering it again. You can find it at philsfishmarket.com. If you love seafood you love this. I made it with linguini and garlic bread. It was a little spicy which i love. Shipping cost is a little much but it does get shipped with dry ice and it was a heavy package. Anybody else ever try this?

I've never tried mail-order food. Do they send you the ingredients and you make it yourself or does it come already prepared so you toss it in the microwave?

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

This is my first time ordering food as well. For this case everything is made fresh the day before and then they freeze it. All you have to do is defrost it and then let it simmer for about 10min. That's it, everything is ready to go. Again this food was sooooo good.

Comment

I can't see myself doing that but, out of curiosity, do you mind telling us what it cost you (food + shipping)?

Comment

Pre-packaged meals are pretty popular in the supermarkets, but I don't buy those either. I like to cook, so I won't buy something I can make myself. On the other hand, if it's as good as you say, it might be worth a shot. I once ordered a Harry & David fruit basket for my parents, and they said it was the best fruit they'd ever had.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by whitemike711 View Post
            So i was watching the Food Network and Throwdown with Bobby Flay was on. The challenge was Cioppino.
            This is fish I'm guessing?
            '00 Civic Si supercharged (stolen)
            '95 Civic hb turbocharged (sold)
            '03 Acura CL-S supercharged (sold
            )
            '06 S2000 NA (returned)
            '11 E92 turbo (returned
            )
            '14 F10

Become an S2KCA Member, the only NON-PROFIT S2000 Car Club

Comment

its like a seafood stew

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                I can't see myself doing that but, out of curiosity, do you mind telling us what it cost you (food + shipping)?
                I got the full order and with shipping it was like $100 for everything. It was worth every penny. I am planning on ordering again. Everyone that ate it agreed it was worth it. Maybe this time i will get them to chip in to help pay for it :LOL:.

Comment

$100? how many did it feed?

Comment

Well, he orderd the full order for $69.95 which is supposed to feed four (or six with pasta). That would mean shipping costs were $30.

I just can't see myself paying shipping costs that make up almost 50% of the product price, no matter how good that stuff may or may not be...
                    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

yea that seems kinda high for shipping...i bet it is good though

Comment

Well it came from CA to NJ and the bucket was pretty heavy plus it comes packed with dry ice to keep it frozen. 3 of us ate with a box of linguini and garlic bread. We had enough left over for 2 of us to pack a lunch for the next day.

Comment

When you come out to S2KCA Days you can stop in and enjoy it fresh and hot. I don't know about shipping across country but my wife is an excellent cook and she will buy this before she will make it her self, it is exceptionally goooood!

Comment

Just ordered another bucket. Can't wait for it to come. My mouth is watering already.

Comment

Working...
                            X