Tornados....Hate Em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornados....Hate Em

We have been through 3 tornado watches today.

From Charlotte through Raleigh and up through my area. One touched down about 3 miles form my house and 2 were down 20 miles from me.

My wife and I spent several minutes in the downstairs bathroom. That is the most solid point in the house.

Anyway, thank God we were spared.

Yeaaahh one was coming down right next to the outter beltline while I was stuck in traffic. I got stuck right next to the RDU airport with a 5 car pileup for half an hour.

Sad thing was... I wasn't so scared of the tornado as I was hail or tree particles coming down and denting my car...

Now i'm hearing it coming towards apex? ... If I have to abandon ship to save the car, i'm gonna be mad!

Comment

Watching right now. Seems south of me. Stay safe everyone.

Kevin

Comment

Hey Jessica, are you okay?

Kevin

Comment

Dang Lee......We have been getting lots of warning too...lately.
          Originally posted by batguano View Post
          We have been through 3 tornado watches today.

From Charlotte through Raleigh and up through my area. One touched down about 3 miles form my house and 2 were down 20 miles from me.

My wife and I spent several minutes in the downstairs bathroom. That is the most solid point in the house.

Anyway, thank God we were spared.
          MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by mlc View Post
            Hey Jessica, are you okay?

Kevin

Yeaaahh i'm fine, kids at work were all freaked out I had to lock them in the walk-in freezer.

There were some funnel clouds right above the store. A tree branch landed on my trunk.

Doesn't look like it did any damage, but i'm about sick of not having a garage.

I'm at home with my head to the skies. My power went out for a bit so I have a feeling this crap isn't over.

I bet people who work for Progress Energy hate life right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddydidntbuyit View Post
              Yeaaahh i'm fine, kids at work were all freaked out I had to lock them in the walk-in freezer.

There were some funnel clouds right above the store. A tree branch landed on my trunk.

Doesn't look like it did any damage, but i'm about sick of not having a garage.

I'm at home with my head to the skies. My power went out for a bit so I have a feeling this crap isn't over.

I bet people who work for Progress Energy hate life right now!
              Damn, that doesn't sound good. Stay safe.

Kevin

Comment

Watching the doppler it seems to be letting up http://www.wral.com/weather/doppler5...wake&p=1hrloop

Kevin

Comment

Yeaaah my friend just called and told me her driveway is trashed so i'm going over to help clear it up. I'm..going to do as much as a 90 pound girl can do hahaha

Comment

Hope you're all ok.

I was in a hotel that was hit by a tornado a few years ago. No one was hurt but it sure made a hell of a mess.

Comment

Hope everyone made it through ok.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

If you find yoursef someplace you did not want to be, just click your heels three times.
                        "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                        Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Hahaha well... I was so distracted by this cloud formation I was looking at I slammed into a deer... not in the s2k though, thank god.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddydidntbuyit View Post
                            Hahaha well... I was so distracted by this cloud formation I was looking at I slammed into a deer... not in the s2k though, thank god.
                            Ouch! I hope you were driving and not walking!

Comment

I don't know anyone that LIKES tornados.

Glad to hear that Jessica is fine though.
                              Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
                              After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Holy heck - glad everyone is OK! Very wierd weather around these parts, lately...

Dave

Comment

Amen to that. I fully expect a snow storm, followed by a heat wave, promptly followed by an ice age.

Welcome to North Carolina!

Comment

Working...
                                  X