POST UP: Favorite modification or change you have made to your S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POST UP: Favorite modification or change you have made to your S2000

Was sitting down thinking about all the changes I have made to my S2000, both big and small, and got to thinking if I had to choose one single thing as being my favorite what would it be?

For me, after lots and lots of thinking, my favorite modification would have to be my homemade LED dash. The orange was my biggest complaint about the car and I didn't feel like spending the $300+ on a commercially available board, so I did it myself. It goes along nicely with the rest of my Blue/Black theme.

So what's yours? Out of every single thing you have done, what's your absolute favorite modification and why?

No doubt about it the best performance mod I did was go to 17" wheels from 16".

I know you said one but a close second for me is my thickened steering wheel, it really changes the entire feel of the car.

Comment

I'd have to say my OEM hardtop.

In other news....That grass looks TERRIBLE, Kevin!

Comment

My S2000 has been sold, but my favorite mod was installation of the Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X that allowed me to connect my Android phone to the car stereo and play music and hear nav system instructions through the car's speakers.

Comment

Fill her up with gas on Saturday...most mod so far!

Comment

K&N intake. Love that sound!

Actually this BRZ is my most recent "accessory"

Comment

MY 05 GPW stereo. Alpine cda9883, 12" sub in trunk with internal amp,new door speakers 3way,added 2 5inch speakers behind seats. 200watt amp under drivers seat for the cab speakers.
              4.77 final drive installed at SOS,Volk GT-N 18" wheels,oem front spoiler,strakes and rear spoiler.

This is my favorite mod,all of the above tied.

Comment

As much as I love the Kraftwerks kit and the extra power, I'd have to say the KW Variant 3 coilovers, wonderful improvement in handling and road feel, worth every penny!
                2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Tough decision, but I think the Comptech exhaust...
                  A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                    K&N intake. Love that sound!

Actually this BRZ is my most recent "accessory"
                    we did that to But the best mod on the S depends on whether you ask me or Joanne For her it is the Back Joy seat insert that makes the miles much more enjoyable For me would have to be the Comptech exhaust
                    sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

As strange as it sounds, the one mod I did that I notice and enjoy the most is probably my sunshade leather covers from Rick's Accessories. I just hate those yellow warning stickers always being just in my peripheral vision. Rick's covers ended that problem.

Interior just looks so much cleaner without those stickers showing.
                      sigpic
                      Pacific Northwest Chapter Guru, 9 years running!

Comment

My mugen vented race hood is my favorite.
                        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                        Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                        Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

with a million small mods made to my ap1, it's hard to choose one. I'd have to say my interior change from oem black to custom black/blue with all of the JPM Coachworks leather upgrades (sunvisors, elbowpad, shiftboot, steering wheel, e-brake handle, & door card inserts) , and carbon fiber center console
                          Last edited by zeroptzero; 06-18-2013, 10:21 PM.

Comment

The best mod. to mine was a change of owners. All kidding aside I think it is the leather console cover from Rick's accessories.
                            Last edited by RLT; 06-18-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Boost baby!

Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
                              After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Supercharger, of course... otherwise I love the Swift Sport springs - they were a cinch to install, didn't cost much, eliminate a lot of body roll and provide better butt feedback from the road

Comment

Originally posted by jordanksartell View Post
                                  Was sitting down thinking about all the changes I have made to my S2000, both big and small, and got to thinking if I had to choose one single thing as being my favorite what would it be?

For me, after lots and lots of thinking, my favorite modification would have to be my homemade LED dash. The orange was my biggest complaint about the car and I didn't feel like spending the $300+ on a commercially available board, so I did it myself. It goes along nicely with the rest of my Blue/Black theme.

So what's yours? Out of every single thing you have done, what's your absolute favorite modification and why?

Do you have a how to on this? Looks amazing!

Comment

It's a toss-up between my eManage Ultimate and my HKS Hi-Power Dual exhaust. They both make my pants feel funny

Comment

Originally posted by Mokoto View Post
                                      Do you have a how to on this? Looks amazing!
                                      Thanks! No there's no How-To.... I basically had to spend hundreds of hours designing my own board to go behind there. Mine has 100 LED's and is all etched by hand and hand-drilled....a very painstaking process. After that a source of numerous light filters were used to get the color I desired. I wish it was as easy as baking a cake, but it's really not.

Comment

Amazing Jordan, looks great! Even more impressive knowing what went into it. I agree, it's the unique one off things that are the most special, especially those that you made with your own hands. I did my own K&N style air box from scratch for the Kraftwerks air filter unit, and I would have to say it's the mod I'm most proud of, it was a real origami project. It took about 6 cardboard templates and designing my own measuring device to determine hood clearance at the various points on the perimeter to get a good seal.
                                        I also did the venting on the hood myself, and I would say that was the job that probably took the most nerve.

[IMG][/IMG]
                                        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Working...
                                        X